2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE, 2021 GR Supra

Atlas Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Hi! Very interested in your product and I have 3 questions. With a Catless DP, will the CEL stay off after flash?

If I want another tune file later (93 and E50) do I have to pay for new tune files for the same car?

If I put a Pure800 turbo, will you still be able to tune the car?

Thanks and have a good one!
@OpenFlash Performance

same question....

OP
OP
OpenFlash Performance

OpenFlash Performance

First Name
Shiv
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, 458, FF, GT3, CX9
Hi,
Stage 2 tunes are intended for use with downpipes. As such, they will run code/CEL free. However, keep in mind that this configuration is for competition use only. When placing an order for Stage 2, you will need to sign a few waivers and assure us that you aren't using the car on public roads.

Each additional tune file costs $395. There isn't much of a reason to have both a 91 and a 93oct tune as either tune will work just fine on each octane. The ECU is very adaptive with short and long term ignition trims based on calculated fuel quality. So even if you are running a 93oct tune and happen to drive through a state which only offers 91oct, your car will still run safely and smoothly. But with 5-10hp less due to ignition timing compensations.

As for E50, we will offer such tunes at the same $395.

We do expect to offer calibrations for turbo upgrades but not immediately. We first want to get up to speed with offering all the various tune permutations for stock turbo cars. I'd expect to see tunes for turbo upgrades sometime in the spring of 2021.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

jZer0

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra premium
Anybody installed this yet? I ran an OFT tune on my 86 for 5+ years and it was excellent. Shiv does good work. Looking forward to expanded ECU support.

raslian

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Anybody installed this yet? I ran an OFT tune on my 86 for 5+ years and it was excellent. Shiv does good work. Looking forward to expanded ECU support.
I've just recently had some time on the Stage 1 tune on my early build 2021. Using the hub itself is super easy, a few plugs on the ECU, connect to power and you're good to go. Time to flash is easily under 5 minutes for the whole process.

The tune itself has been perfect. Car drives like stock, no weird partial throttle issues or anything to report, just straight up more power everywhere. I've just got my downpipe installed, so we'll see how the Stage 2 tune stacks up once I get that map and get it flashed on the car.

Overall I've been super happy with the OpenFlash hub. I didn't have to send my ECU anywhere to be unlocked which I would have had to do with ECUtek, which was a huge plus for me. Shiv and the crew have also been responsive throughout.

I highly recommend this option, and I imagine it's only going to get better and improve as time goes on.

delita1

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Z4 M40i, 2021 Rubicon Unlimited
* Currently only ECUs manufactured prior to June 2020 can be remapped. We are working on compatibility with the newer production dated ECUs and expect to have a solution soon

Any update on this piece? ?

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
* Currently only ECUs manufactured prior to June 2020 can be remapped. We are working on compatibility with the newer production dated ECUs and expect to have a solution soon

Any update on this piece? ?
Nope.... All the tuning platforms are waiting for a fix.

delita1

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Z4 M40i, 2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Nope.... All the tuning platforms are waiting for a fix.
Ha I know, figured as much. Sometimes I wonder who it is that's actually working on cracking these ECU's. Would love to know. Start a GoFundMe for them and pay them to work more hours to crack this thing Lol

Qskid2

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2018 Street Triple RS
Shiv did some fantastic work on my old F80 M3.

When I was in the dealership signing for my Supra last week, I had texted him (immediately came to mind 20 mins before I had keys in hand) asking about the later 2021 production cars being able to be tuned.

Sounds like he is still very much working on this - hopefully they will get it cracked soon!

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this, but if I have a tunable 2021 and purchase a stage 1 tune, then later get a downpipe and switch to stage 2, would that be an extra $395 since it's technically two tune files? Or does the initial purchase include both a stage 1 and stage 2 map, and it's custom tunes beyond that that cost extra?

Also, do you know how well the tune would handle altitude? I live in Colorado at ~5300 ft and occasionally trek into the mountains, I know custom tunes on other platforms can have issues with stable boost control as the air thins out.

Livedevil

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LT1 Camaro, 2006 Sti
I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this, but if I have a tunable 2021 and purchase a stage 1 tune, then later get a downpipe and switch to stage 2, would that be an extra $395 since it's technically two tune files? Or does the initial purchase include both a stage 1 and stage 2 map, and it's custom tunes beyond that that cost extra?

Also, do you know how well the tune would handle altitude? I live in Colorado at ~5300 ft and occasionally trek into the mountains, I know custom tunes on other platforms can have issues with stable boost control as the air thins out.
the way i read it you have to pay $1395.00 for the box and plus $395.00 for each tune.
I would like a stage 1 myself but not for $1800.00

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
the way i read it you have to pay $1395.00 for the box and plus $395.00 for each tune.
I would like a stage 1 myself but not for $1800.00
Their page says the $1395 includes a tune:

While OpenFlash Hub comes with a single tune file for one car, each additional tune file (for other cars) can be purchased for $395. For example, if a group of 10 Supra owners wanted to their cars, they would need to purchase one OpenFlash Hub ($1395) and 9 ECU tune files ($395 each), costing $1395+(9 x $395) or $4950.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.