Other options for race tracks that are too loud?

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
OP
OP
FLtrackdays

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Last edited:

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
So ridiculous, race tracks with noise limits, I know thats the case for basically every track around the world these days but when factory cars get flagged you know there is a bigger issue. Zoning around these historic tracks needs to make it so residents understand where they are moving when signing leases or purchasing residential property but I really hope this suit goes nowhere. Bunch of boomers annoyed by the sound of cars,.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
They better keep it open as I have a track day scheduled there in Aug!

Really wish they made more tracks like Spring Mountain where they actually build houses around the track so that you can watch races from your backyard.

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
So ridiculous, race tracks with noise limits, I know thats the case for basically every track around the world these days but when factory cars get flagged you know there is a bigger issue. Zoning around these historic tracks needs to make it so residents understand where they are moving when signing leases or purchasing residential property but I really hope this suit goes nowhere. Bunch of boomers annoyed by the sound of cars,.
Freedom Factory / Bradenton is going through this right now. Supposedly the development company is adding a noise clause to their purchase agreements.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
The nerve of these people is just incredible.

Pizza

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8, 2023 Nocturnal 3.0 Premium (MT)
My local track has a really strict noise limit. Basically any V8 powered car with an exhaust is assured to go over if they're driving 10/10ths for a full lap. They built houses like 100 yards away from the track and those people complained hard enough to get a city ordinance in place, and now those people keep calibrated sound meters on the edges of their property and will actively call the cops if it goes above the limit.

It sucks because a lot of people accidentally blow sound and can't do anything about it. One time a couple came down from Canada in their E63 AMG, completely stock car, both the wife and husband were planning on driving it in different run groups, but the default AMG pops on overrun made them go over the limit in the first 2 sessions they did. It was such a bummer cause they drove like 4 hours to get to the track and weren't allowed to drive it anymore that day.

BrettMRC

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, Defender, Rx400h
It's the same over here, Castle Combe had noise complaints back in about 2005 that almost finished it as a venue, despite having operated since the 1950s! (Before that it was an RAF airfield)

Lonestar_Nomad

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘23 GR Supra Premium MT
Same thing with my local drag strip. Subdivisions popped up in the area and suddenly the most pressing matter to these morons is how to shut down the facility. Something has be done on a federal level to protect these sites, historical or modern. Automotive sports are such an important part of Americana history, and each year the list of tracks shuttering the gates grows.

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
The normal MO for these late coming locals is to not complain about the noise directly but indirectly by petitioning local authorities not to shut down the track but reduce it's useage so they don't look too unreasonable. Then they keep petitioning for even more reductions in use until the track becomes economically unsustainable. The track then ends up shutting down because anyone that own/runs it can't make money and the residents claim it wasn't their doing just economics.
A well worn trail that I've seen played out now at 4 track here in the Australian east coast over the last 40 years.

Phil

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
My local track has a really strict noise limit. Basically any V8 powered car with an exhaust is assured to go over if they're driving 10/10ths for a full lap. They built houses like 100 yards away from the track and those people complained hard enough to get a city ordinance in place, and now those people keep calibrated sound meters on the edges of their property and will actively call the cops if it goes above the limit.

It sucks because a lot of people accidentally blow sound and can't do anything about it. One time a couple came down from Canada in their E63 AMG, completely stock car, both the wife and husband were planning on driving it in different run groups, but the default AMG pops on overrun made them go over the limit in the first 2 sessions they did. It was such a bummer cause they drove like 4 hours to get to the track and weren't allowed to drive it anymore that day.
I'd have a fit if that happened to me.
Sponsored