Painting the stock rims ?

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Wow regardless of color all the single color wheels are SOOOO much better than the Toyota-Two Tone.

The OEM wheels are actually really nice looking - just not in alternating spoke colors.
Yup, and they're forged too. Mine are dipped the same color and was planning on powder coating eventually but I need more width so buying new ones :/

glennQNYC

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 BMW 335i
Vehicle Showcase
I had my standard wheels 2-pac painted a light champagne/silver colour. I've also got a second set of wheels that are currently being painted pewter.
Love it. Well done.

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
Amazing what a little color can do!

I would recommend Powder Coating the Rims in Gold to match the M4. Appears you have a Theme going, (White Car Gold Rims) You should keep it consistent. Painting the Rims will lead to chipping from road debris. Powder Coating is much more enduring IMHO.
There are two schools of thought about powder coating alloy wheels. I'd check with the wheel company. Some car and wheel manufactures do not recommend powder coating. The heat from baking can cause durability issues, I believe metal fatigue? No doubt powder coating is durable.

Last edited:

jorligan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ferrari 458, McLaren 650S, Porsche GT3, Alfa 4C, Ford Raptor, Porsche Macan, 21 Supra Turbo
There are two schools of thought about power coating alloy wheels. Some car and wheel manufactures do not recommend powder coating. The heat from baking can cause durability issues.
Correct. Your powder coater has to be careful with the baking temperature. Friend of mine powdercoated SSR wheels which have very thin spokes, spokes cracked and they were told it was because they were baked at too high a temperature during powdercoating. Some of the aftermarket wheels are powdercoated.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
All great colors guys! :thumbsup:

Those stock wheels really wake up the car once they’re a sold color.

-RJM

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Curious what people are paying for powder coating all-in. Edit: I was quoted $1250, which seems outrageous. I'm in the DC metro area but that is twice what I expected to pay...

Last edited:

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Wow, the factory wheels look so much better when they're a single color. It doesn't even really matter what color, they're all much better than stock. I have officially stopped my wheel search after seeing this thread, gloss black factory wheels on Turbulence Gray it is!

2Cool

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra Premium 3.0
Powder coated mine satin black. Bit more pop than matte, but still won't show scratches like a gloss finish can.

Local place by Pittsburgh called Totally Baked did them for me, cost $440 total, which included the dismount, mount, and roadforce balance. Very satisfied, huge improvement over the Harley rider bling chrome look of stock.

Attachments

LoveToCamp

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Curious what people are paying for powder coating all-in. Edit: I was quoted $1250, which seems outrageous. I'm in the DC metro area but that is twice what I expected to pay...
Quoted $700 for powder coating, balancing, storage and taking them off too.
Sponsored