Parking Brake unexpected Release (MT)

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT
Didn't do it either

I was in neutral, pushed clutch and gave gas, PB was still on.

Tried again, in N, pressed clutch, then pressed brake and gas, then de-clutch, PB still on.
But it does release the parking brake in first?
Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT
I would get some wheel Chokes as back up so car does not go anywhere.
When I park now, I make sure to turn the engine off before I set the parking brake. I also always leave it in gear if the engine is off - that goes for any vehicle I've ever owned with a manual.

If I need to leave the car running unattended (which is where this whole debacle becomes a problem) I just make sure to let off the clutch and not touch it again before setting the brake, and for good measure I turn the wheels so if the vehicle does roll it will at worst do a half loop and come to a stop naturally.

This is not a solution to the problem, just a mitigation for an unconscionably dangerous safety issue.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT
What do you mean? What would be the sequence if it was in 1st gear?
This car has a feature that lets you drive away with the parking brake set. It automatically disengages the parking brake.

This feature having a lack of safety interlocks is the whole reason this rollaway hazard exists.

swrdply400mrelay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Veloster N, 2024 Stratosphere MT
This car has a feature that lets you drive away with the parking brake set. It automatically disengages the parking brake.

This feature having a lack of safety interlocks is the whole reason this rollaway hazard exists.
if the PB is on and I drive away in 1st the PB does release

CULaterJimzo

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23' CUL A91 MT
tldr; check your clutch sensor
Okay, so i did an *not-needed clutch job/stock clutch was not slipping* my shop offered me a great deal to do it so they can promote and post pictures for their socials. Installed the clutchmaster fx350ss, my shop had to ā€œmodify the clutch sensorā€ because the pedal was so stiff and the car wouldnt start, a week later i didnt like how the Fx350ss felt for daily driven so i reverted back to my stock clutch and CM exchanged it to a lesser aggressive kit (not installed yet just store till stock slips). So back with stock clutch I start having the same unexpected released as everyone would mention, maybe worse; will upload video. They couldnā€™t figure out why my P-brake was releasing itself since they didnt touch my brake for the clutch job. Eventually they remembered they modified the clutch sensor and reverted it back to ā€œnormalā€. Now i no longer have the unexpected p-brake release.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT
Near as I can tell both of my clutch switches are working normally (there's one that detects that the clutch pedal is all the way to the floor for starting the car, and another that detects that the clutch isn't fully released.)

DB42R

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MT Supra
To those experiencing these issues, have you done any bimmercoding?

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT
To those experiencing these issues, have you done any bimmercoding?
I have, but the issue was present before. I first noticed it the day I took delivery in fact. I had already figured out the problem and how to work around it before ever doing anything with Bimmercode.

It would be nice if someone found a way to deactivate this system entirely via Bimmercode. The problem with finding new options in Bimmercode is that they're often labeled in abbreviated German, which for someone who doesn't have a deep, deep knowledge of German (to include technical language) may as well be impenetrable.

OP
OP
Kroberter

Kroberter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91MT Supra, 95 Rx7,67 Corvette 427ci
Iā€™ve gotten used to this poorly implemented feature.
Here are my tips
-leave the door open when starting engine
-leave vehicle in gear when parked (engine off)
-donā€™t operate clutch when engaging parking brake, itā€™ll disengage PB when lifting off clutch even in neutral
-triple check that PB switch if you are getting out of the car

When this causes an accident or fatality, NITSA will force a recall but until then we gotta deal with it.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
tldr; check your clutch sensor
Okay, so i did an *not-needed clutch job/stock clutch was not slipping* my shop offered me a great deal to do it so they can promote and post pictures for their socials. Installed the clutchmaster fx350ss, my shop had to ā€œmodify the clutch sensorā€ because the pedal was so stiff and the car wouldnt start, a week later i didnt like how the Fx350ss felt for daily driven so i reverted back to my stock clutch and CM exchanged it to a lesser aggressive kit (not installed yet just store till stock slips). So back with stock clutch I start having the same unexpected released as everyone would mention, maybe worse; will upload video. They couldnā€™t figure out why my P-brake was releasing itself since they didnt touch my brake for the clutch job. Eventually they remembered they modified the clutch sensor and reverted it back to ā€œnormalā€. Now i no longer have the unexpected p-brake release.

Is your stock clutch still holding up?

What was wrong with the FX-350SS feel?

CULaterJimzo

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23' CUL A91 MT
Is your stock clutch still holding up?

What was wrong with the FX-350SS feel?
The Fx-350SS felt like a unsprung 6 puck race clutch. too stiff for a daily driven.

At the moment the stock clutch with a steel flywheel + Hydraulic Release Bearing holding very well, can say I've been using the car significantly hard lately; road trips, touge/mountain climbs. (full bolts on, meth, bm3 tune).

CM sent me their FX-250SS, I'll install it as soon as I notice the clutch starts slipping. I don't know how much torque spec it holds.

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
The Fx-350SS felt like a unsprung 6 puck race clutch. too stiff for a daily driven.

At the moment the stock clutch with a steel flywheel + Hydraulic Release Bearing holding very well, can say I've been using the car significantly hard lately; road trips, touge/mountain climbs. (full bolts on, meth, bm3 tune).

CM sent me their FX-250SS, I'll install it as soon as I notice the clutch starts slipping. I don't know how much torque spec it holds.
Interesting, so you're using a CM flywheel and release bearing with the stock clutch? Why
Sponsored