Phone mount...

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
^ I agree. It's real simple and matches the interior.
Sponsored

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
Got my ProClip MagSafe mount set up the way I wanted, figured I'd post here in case anyone is looking at the same mount.

I wanted to have the phone closer to the driver, near the emergency lights button. Also wanted to avoid having the vents blow directly on the phone, which this generally solves. By itself, the mount had the phone a bit high which caused it to block part of the infotainment screen. Was able to solve with a combination of hardware:

Supra Angled Mount
https://www.proclipusa.com/product/855595-angled-mount

MagSafe Mount (FYI if you have 12 Max you may need a different mount)
https://www.proclipusa.com/product/iphone-holder-for-magsafe-charger

Small Left/Right Extension Plate
https://www.proclipusa.com/product/215395-left-right-extension-plate

15 Degree Wedge
https://www.proclipusa.com/product/215964-15-degree-wedge

The wedge both helps angle the mount towards the driver and gives enough clearance for the extension plate to fit. Hard to reach a few of the radio preset buttons but I don't really use most of them.

Part of the reason I went for this setup is that with my current phone case it is kind of a pain to slide the phone in and out of the built-in charging tray area. Also, like being able to use Waze/Maps on the car screen and have music playlist / controls on the phone.

IMG_0191(1).jpg

01f0a31600c759d86b55ae35ffd3b82e296dcc74b9.jpg

Last edited:

Macduff

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I use this belkin mount in the passenger side vent. I have an iPhone 12 promax and it works like a champ with the apple magsafe case. Good option for iPhone users.
1627699189695.png
1627699255328.png

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I just hate that in this day and age, there isn't a better solution provided by OEMs for phones. With every solution you have to give up the air from the vent... yeah sometimes it's a good thing when the darn iphone complains about overheating and peak performance and shuts down, yet still.... Make a little bracket that can be hidden like Porsche cup holders...

It's great that there is CarPlay but it's functionality is limited..

Anyhow at least on Supra I clip the phone on passenger side if I need to secure it vs wireless charger...

Attachments

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
I just hate that in this day and age, there isn't a better solution provided by OEMs for phones. With every solution you have to give up the air from the vent... yeah sometimes it's a good thing when the darn iphone complains about overheating and peak performance and shuts down, yet still.... Make a little bracket that can be hidden like Porsche cup holders...

It's great that there is CarPlay but it's functionality is limited..

Anyhow at least on Supra I clip the phone on passenger side if I need to secure it vs wireless charger...
You can pretty much mount it where I did (overlapping the emergency button a bit) and it won't block any airflow, unless for some reason you have the vents turned to blow directly straight between both seats. As long as the vents are angled towards each seat, the middle area is fine. Only downside with my setup is probably price, and losing easy access to some of the preset buttons, although I never really used most of them anyways.

Part of my criteria was for my setup was not blocking the vents. It was either there, or figuring out something down near the shifter. Along those lines, earlier someone posted a cleverly placed suction cup arm mount, basically mounted upside down on the bottom of the phone charger cubby area.

ikeaboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
For those using the ProClip: did it stretch out the dash section where the top clip is mounted? I now have a camel hump staring at me when I remove the ProClip.

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
For those using the ProClip: did it stretch out the dash section where the top clip is mounted? I now have a camel hump staring at me when I remove the ProClip.
When i removed mine it did show a indent.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
That's not acceptable.. that is as bad as seeing 2 big cups on the seat after some fatarse rode it.

ikeaboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
That's not acceptable.. that is as bad as seeing 2 big cups on the seat after some fatarse rode it.
Yep. My dash reminds me of Billy Idol's upper lip now. It smooths out when I remove the ProClip though.

Twundy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
uwgtb.com
Car(s)
Land Cruiser 200 Series, '21 Supra
When i removed mine it did show a indent.
Since the ProClip leaves an indent because of how it clips into the top seam against the soft dash, there's a similar offering from A-Tach Mounts, which instead clips at the top into the harder vent plastic:
1643862484100.png

It's also $10 cheaper. Not sure if the bottom clip is also an area for worry for indenting?
https://www.atachmounts.com/Toyota-Supra-Phone-Mount_p_177.html
https://www.ebay.com/itm/163970474586
Sponsored