Post 6/20 Cars Now Tunable!

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I thought instrument cluster holds the actual odometer info along with ECU of course to prevent this super easy ECU swap fraud (and also for legit swap reasons)
Not that changing the clusters info isn't possible, but many, especially high-end cars would have done it all the time. (Analog cluster vs digital) I believe they did back in the day, hence the "upgraded" security....
I remember reading about a Ferrari fraud couple of years back..
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I thought instrument cluster holds the actual odometer info along with ECU of course to prevent this super easy ECU swap fraud (and also for legit swap reasons)
Not that changing the clusters info isn't possible, but many, especially high-end cars would have done it all the time. (Analog cluster vs digital) I believe they did back in the day, hence the "upgraded" security....
I remember reading about a Ferrari fraud couple of years back..
It’s syncs from the cluster to the ecu to prevent mismatch, from what I understand.

Camus

First Name
Daniel.
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra , 2021 M4 Base.
Not sure on the Supra, but I'll get to know it soon in the G82, which seems to be 100% ECU driven.

d2jlking

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
I just got my 2022 back yesterday from Visconti. I’ve got a flex fuel sensor and ecutek setup on the cloned ECU, and my old ECU is now sitting in a box. Everything works (map switching, gauge take over, phone flash, flex fuel, etc). Other then time and money there were no issues.
Very cool. May I ask how much time was invested in the process? How long from shipping your ECU to Visconti, to receiving your cloned & old ECUs back?

OP
OP
ViscontiSupport

ViscontiSupport

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Very cool. May I ask how much time was invested in the process? How long from shipping your ECU to Visconti, to receiving your cloned & old ECUs back?
It takes 10-15 business days from start to finish. We've completed almost 100 units now. It's like clock work.

dzeleski

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2017 Tacoma
@Marshall@ViscontiTuning is accurate with the estimates. Mine was a bit different because they physically had my car for dyno tuning but the ECU was back within 2 weeks.

KAREEMMK5

First Name
Kareem
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
mk5
Hi,

so to make this clear,

unlock your 2021+ ecu = partial unlock and can only tune with mhd and bm3?

clone ecu = full unlock and can tune with ecutek?

so if i go for just an unlock and later on the full unlock gets released, can I still do that and change to ecutek?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Hi,

so to make this clear,

unlock your 2021+ ecu = partial unlock and can only tune with mhd and bm3?

clone ecu = full unlock and can tune with ecutek?

so if i go for just an unlock and later on the full unlock gets released, can I still do that and change to ecutek?
If the full unlock happens, yeah, that's basically it.

I have written down some information here.

_Sp1ral0ut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tahoe, Razor E100
  • Wow
Reactions: zrk

WITCH3R

First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Prem.
I have searched and have not come up with a clear answer for 2022. So on the partial unlock for bm3 is they only thing that is needed for this is the bm3 + maps? Does the bm3 flash tune unlock it to make the software push through on the 2021+? I am not wanting a dyno time at this time but I do want a flash tune for basic adjustments. Basically is there more that needs to be done other than purchasing the bm3 and maps to tune the 2021?

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
I have searched and have not come up with a clear answer for 2022. So on the partial unlock for bm3 is they only thing that is needed for this is the bm3 + maps? Does the bm3 flash tune unlock it to make the software push through on the 2021+? I am not wanting a dyno time at this time but I do want a flash tune for basic adjustments. Basically is there more that needs to be done other than purchasing the bm3 and maps to tune the 2021?
Any post 6/20+ ECUs MUST be sent to Femto first for unlock. The service you are reffering to only unlocks a portion of the memory in your ECU so BM3 can let you flash basic maps or custom maps. You will not be able to do advanced tuning features like flex fuel or on-the-fly map switching unless you opt to clone your current ECU to an un-lockable ECU from a donor 2020 BMW engine.

See @zrk handy short guide: https://willmy062020plusecugotorussia.com/

Which he should update as Femto is now accepting orders again from all over the world.

Last edited: