PSA: Are you about to buy a new turbo? You should wait.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
  1. Read this.
  2. Pure800 turbos are $2400 if you send in your turbo+manifold, $3900 if you don't.
  3. Top mount kits are, like, $7000.
  4. The company Remnant Performance is about to release a turbo kit for ~$2500 that includes all of this:
    1. A full charge pipe, compatible with port injection plates and meth injection.
    2. A 4" intake and airbox, roughly the diameter and size of the MST v2 setup
    3. A Verus-style cerakote heat shield.
    4. A 65mm ceramic ball bearing turbo with billet compressor wheel, water cooled, TWIN SCROLL, similar to the Garrett G30-900 -- capable of 800-1000WHP. This is an exceptionally fucking good turbo, pardon my language. Because of the 65mm diameter, lightweight wheel and CBB, the spool characteristics are roughly on-par with the OEM turbo. Fast as hell spool. And it BOLTS TO THE STOCK LOCATION. AFAIK there's no other turbo option on the market that spools like stock and generates power like a top mount. This is truly the "hybrid option" this damn car has sorely needed. Top mounts are usually drag/dyno queens, and Pure turbos are just crude stuffed turbos.
    5. Full compatibility with all aftermarket downpipes.
    6. Uses the factory EWG for easy-as-pie tuning.
    7. You can keep and sell your OEM turbo, charge pipe, intake. Think about how much money that will give back to you.
    8. Optional T51R mod for $250.

Think about this. $2500 for a twin scroll ceramic billet turbo. A heat shield. A charge pipe. An intake. And you can sell whatever you have now for well north of $1K back in your pocket.

As an aside: the same company is also going to release a 4" oval turbo back setup to dual 3" out. AFAIK that's the highest flowing exhaust on the market. All joints are v-banded, resonators are swappable with provided test pipes, mufflers are also swappable if you want to throw in a new muffler with V-bands. This setup INCLUDES a catless downpipe. Price? $1500.

So for $4K you get:
  1. Drop-in replacement twin scroll turbo
  2. Heat shield
  3. Charge pipe
  4. Intake
  5. 4" downpipe
  6. 4" exhaust

Orders on all of this open soon, within the next 60 days(ish).

There is absolutely no better deal on the market. Paging @zrk to +1 this.

Also paging @AustinGRSupra because he was interested as well.
Sponsored

Last edited:

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
This looks like a really good deal, even for not crazy numbers, i would be temped to do this instead of a pure just to make around 600 wheel, 620 wheel tq, hopefully on 93, that is the max I would feel safe on the stock tranny with, but pricing is impressive forsure.

OP
OP
Thraxbert

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This looks like a really good deal, even for not crazy numbers, i would be temped to do this instead of a pure just to make around 600 wheel, 620 wheel tq, hopefully on 93, that is the max I would feel safe on the stock tranny with, but pricing is impressive forsure.
Even for "just Pure" builds, this is a way better option. Nicer turbo, more money in your pocket, etc. I'm also unsure that I want to go past stock trans.

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
This is two port only currently? Any word on when 6 port would come out?

Edit...all I see on their website is stuff for the previous gen genesis....

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Seems like a good deal but after labor it’ll probably be more expensive than a pure.

Id be more likely to buy if they can do direct comparison of a pure800 vs their turbo with the same mods.

OP
OP
Thraxbert

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Seems like a good deal but after labor it’ll probably be more expensive than a pure.

Id be more likely to buy if they can do direct comparison of a pure800 vs their turbo with the same mods.
After what labor? Both are direct bolt-on and require removal of the same components for installation. In terms of labor, it's the same job.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I've been talking to the guys over at Remnant for a while now. This seems to be the solution to get. Without question. Had it been available for the six-port (which should be ready around June, according to them) I 100% would have gone with this option.

@Mason As far as labor is concerned, it's the -exact same job-. Drop-in,, bolt-on. It's a direct fit. For you specifically, URW will charge the exact same amount.

I've was already regretted buying a Pure800 before Remnant dropped this bomb, and was considering selling to buy a G35-1050 top mount. I'm going to go in this direction instead.

@hotsaucewizard You're crazy if you buy this kit and don't get the T51R mod. ;)

Last edited:

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
Are you working on commission? ?
I've been following these guys and it looks like a promising kit however I'd wait and see dyno numbers if your wanting 900-1,000whp.. I have a BW 74mm compressor and it will realistically only make 1,000whp. Keep in mind the most efficient 65mm's on the market will only flow 90 maybe 95 lbs/min.
I would hands down do something like this over the competition though!

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
After what labor? Both are direct bolt-on and require removal of the same components for installation. In terms of labor, it's the same job.
The custom inlet pipe, charge pipe, air box, etc

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
That stuff all needs to come out anyway for a turbo install. Not to mention, those are 'bolt-on' parts.
Hey I hope I’m wrong. I’m being realistic. The shop will quote labor for turbo, intake, and charge pipe at the least. Putting the same intake back on after a turbo install is one thing, putting a different one on after will almost always cost extra.

dm me a shop that’ll do more work for less money. I have yet to find a shop that good

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Hey I hope I’m wrong. I’m being realistic. The shop will quote labor for turbo, intake, and charge pipe at the least. Putting the same intake back on after a turbo install is one thing, putting a different one on after will almost always cost extra.

dm me a shop that’ll do more work for less money. I have yet to find a shop that good
When you install the turbo, you have to remove the airbox, downpipe, intake pipe, and chargepipe. All that shit has to come off. Then they have to put it all back. Like I said, URW won't charge you any different. Most shops won't. It's not more work, they're just putting on different pipes when they put it back together.

The labor for installing a turbo includes removing the airbox for example, you can't even get to the turbo without doing that. You can't remove the turbo without removing the charge pipe that's attached to it.
Sponsored