Purchasing the car before it actually arrives - question

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
A $200 incentive is not worth the hassle and stress your dealing with for a $50K debt.

So many things can go wrong before you actually get to look at the car or pictures of it. I would just wait until its actually in inventory and at the dealership.

Like mentioned $200 is nothing when talking expenses with this car.

-RJM
Sponsored

OP
OP

Ground Beef

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Infiniti Q50S Hybrid
I didn't read this whole thread, so ignore me if this was covered, but the juice starts as soon as you sign the note. With even decent credit and a modest downpayment, you're going to blow through that $200 in interest charges immediately.
Another excellent point. My sales guy said they're looking to do a dealer swap with another local dealer, but the other one has a few additional options: cargo mat, PPF, and wheel locks. I'm literally sitting in the other dealer, because I wanted to check the quality of the PPF. Any opinions on the factory PPF? It would be on the front.

Unfortunately, the car has not cleared the tech inspection at the dealership yet, so I'm unable to see it in person

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
My sales guy was telling me that they could "Bill it out" before it arrives...I'll talk to my CU to see if that's kosher and get their advice as well.
I was able to put my deposit down but that was it

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I know it sounds shitty, and you're super anxious, and that $200 is a decent dinner out, but my suggestion is to be patient, find the car you want/love/like/whatever, and don't rush into things over $200. (which is exactly what they want you to do, hence the $200 - they're quite sure they'll make that $200 buck realll quick).

If you make it before Saturday, great, free dinner! If not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Reactions: max

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
Another excellent point. My sales guy said they're looking to do a dealer swap with another local dealer, but the other one has a few additional options: cargo mat, PPF, and wheel locks. I'm literally sitting in the other dealer, because I wanted to check the quality of the PPF. Any opinions on the factory PPF? It would be on the front.

Unfortunately, the car has not cleared the tech inspection at the dealership yet, so I'm unable to see it in person
Factory ppf is a waste of time. My installer ripped it off when I did full body anyways. If you don't plan on adding more then all golden

OP
OP

Ground Beef

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I know it sounds shitty, and you're super anxious, and that $200 is a decent dinner out, but my suggestion is to be patient, find the car you want/love/like/whatever, and don't rush into things over $200. (which is exactly what they want you to do, hence the $200 - they're quite sure they'll make that $200 buck realll quick).

If you make it before Saturday, great, free dinner! If not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
ZRK:

Thanks for the perspective man...I agree...the type A in me gets so caught up in numbers sometimes that I get blinded sometimes. Literally spent $200+ on dinner last weekend at Bob Chinn's without blinking...lol!

• Love
Reactions: zrk
OP
OP

Ground Beef

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Another question - maybe this should be a separate thread, but what happens to our cars at the dealer during a 'Tech Inspection'? How comprehensive is it? Just curious.

OP
OP

Ground Beef

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I went into the dealership yesterday and basically told them I wanted A) a definite expected arrival date or B) my deposit back. They were able to come up with an option C) a dealer swap. I picked up my nitro yellow 3.0 Premium this afternoon, and it's haven't been able to wipe the smile off my face since. What a car! I pre-ordered the $10 door guards from Amazon to fix the wind buffeting issue and it works like a charm. Literally looks like the factory mirror.

Been driving gingerly in sport mode, careful not to exceed 4k RPM for now...during the break in period. This thing wants to go though!! Patience.

Here are the details of my deal:

MSRP: $57105
Negotiated Price : $51399
OTD (tax, title, license doc) $55700
Feeling when I press the 'start' button: PRICELESS

Thanks to everyone for their support, advice, feedback, etc. This is a great community that I can't wait to get more involved in.

Mahid_12

First Name
Mahid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Lexus UX250H, 2020 Toyota Supra
I went into the dealership yesterday and basically told them I wanted A) a definite expected arrival date or B) my deposit back. They were able to come up with an option C) a dealer swap. I picked up my nitro yellow 3.0 Premium this afternoon, and it's haven't been able to wipe the smile off my face since. What a car! I pre-ordered the $10 door guards from Amazon to fix the wind buffeting issue and it works like a charm. Literally looks like the factory mirror.

Been driving gingerly in sport mode, careful not to exceed 4k RPM for now...during the break in period. This thing wants to go though!! Patience.

Here are the details of my deal:

MSRP: $57105
Negotiated Price : $51399
OTD (tax, title, license doc) $55700
Feeling when I press the 'start' button: PRICELESS

Thanks to everyone for their support, advice, feedback, etc. This is a great community that I can't wait to get more involved in.
Congratulations!

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Factory ppf is a waste of time. My installer ripped it off when I did full body anyways. If you don't plan on adding more then all golden
Agreed here. Not the same quality, they only do 1/3 of the hood which leaves an ugly demarcation line, and it cost almost as much as I paid for a full body PPF + ceramic coat.

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
I was going to add make sure they do the NAV activation or else it won't work until you take it back to the dealer. Going through that now with mine and they want me to leave it with them overnight to do the activation!!!!!!!!!

Going to hard to pry my A$$ out of the driver's seat for more than 15 mins.....LOL
Sponsored