Pure Turbos

Amfchang

First Name
AMF
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
1. Itā€™s better to not max out your stock turbo because you are going to greatly shorten its span.
2. It depends what you are going to use it for. For example, thereā€™s no ethanol around me and we have the same goals so Iā€™m going p800 because itā€™s possible on pump.
3. Elevation matters as well cause lag is correlated with your location. Iā€™m at sea level so itā€™s not even a factor towards my build/location.
4. If your stock turbo blows, Iā€™m pretty sure it wonā€™t be taken in as a core because it needs to be in working condition. I could be wrong.
5. p850 would be very overkill for your goals because the lag would be great and youā€™d only be at your goal for too short of a time before shifting up into the next gear.

Go Pure800. People can disagree with me but this is my opinion for your post.

Amfchang

First Name
AMF
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Also, I was told if you are using it for highway pulls or roll racing, the pure 800 pulls in every rpm more than the stock turbo.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Also, I was told if you are using it for highway pulls or roll racing, the pure 800 pulls in every rpm more than the stock turbo.
If you are roll racing then you should launch at 4500-5k rpm anyways. Shouldnā€™t have much delay over stock at low rpm but high rpm launching will be unnoticed

OP
OP
Jackie.A90

Jackie.A90

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Stock Turbo can get you there on an Ethanol Blend, E30, E40, or E50ish. Add Meth and you're close or over 550whp depending on how aggressive the tune is.
Yeah I know about the E blends but E isnā€™t readily available in my area hints why I wanna just get a bigger turbo.

OP
OP
Jackie.A90

Jackie.A90

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Stock Turbo can get you there on an Ethanol Blend, E30, E40, or E50ish. Add Meth and you're close or over 550whp depending on how aggressive the tune is.
Yeah I know about the E blends but E isnā€™t readily available in my area hints why I wanna just get a bigger turbo.

OP
OP
Jackie.A90

Jackie.A90

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I had an 850 with port injection for about 100 miles and the car was a complete missile, but the turbo somehow seized and had to be replaced. Replaced it with an 800 and it still feels nearly just as fast, incredibly smooth, and has been very reliable. Pure replaced the turbo under their warranty. Now the car pulls and pulls and pulls.

I highly recommend upgrading the trans with at least a pure drivetrain solutions stage 1 kit at a minimum if youā€™re planning on running anything other than the stock turbo. Youā€™ll never be able to extract all the power the turbo can make reliably without trans work. I was slipping on a 600hp map on the stock trans.
Damn lol Iā€™m just looking to get at least 500 maybe not 600 haha this car is still my daily so.

Akellys

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR, 1967 Chevelle
1. Itā€™s better to not max out your stock turbo because you are going to greatly shorten its span.
2. It depends what you are going to use it for. For example, thereā€™s no ethanol around me and we have the same goals so Iā€™m going p800 because itā€™s possible on pump.
3. Elevation matters as well cause lag is correlated with your location. Iā€™m at sea level so itā€™s not even a factor towards my build/location.
4. If your stock turbo blows, Iā€™m pretty sure it wonā€™t be taken in as a core because it needs to be in working condition. I could be wrong.
5. p850 would be very overkill for your goals because the lag would be great and youā€™d only be at your goal for too short of a time before shifting up into the next gear.

Go Pure800. People can disagree with me but this is my opinion for your post.
I think you're correct about needing the turbo to be in decent condition when you return it to pure for a core. I have a blown turbo that I am sending them, but I was told by the guys at pure that I can provide them with a new center section at a cost of $400 to have my full core refund.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
@Jackie.A90 if 500whp is what you want without ethanol. P800 will get you there and is a simple setup.

Here's a customer of mine. P800 downpipe and 93oct and custom tune by me
Screenshot_20211206-170513_Instagram.jpg

Down167

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Has anyone seen numbers for a pure850 on 93 (no meth)?
Just installed the p850. Currently running 93 only (No meth or ethanol for now). Tuned by Justin at Twisted Tuning on MHD. He could probably give you a good whp range on what to expect. Hoping to get it on the dyno early next year.

Jayson415PR

First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 2003 Toyota Mr2
Just installed the p850. Currently running 93 only (No meth or ethanol for now). Tuned by Justin at Twisted Tuning on MHD. He could probably give you a good whp range on what to expect. Hoping to get it on the dyno early next year.
Noticed any turbo lag with the 850 or does it spools close to OEM turbo?

Down167

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Noticed any turbo lag with the 850 or does it spools close to OEM turbo?
There is a bit of lag compared to the OEM turbo but I wouldn't say it is very noticeable. I would have to look at some logs to confirm but I noticed boost come on around 3k-3.2k rpm

Jayson415PR

First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 2003 Toyota Mr2
There is a bit of lag compared to the OEM turbo but I wouldn't say it is very noticeable. I would have to look at some logs to confirm but I noticed boost come on around 3k-3.2k rpm
Great, I ask because I ordered the 850 too for my 2021 but didnā€™t knew the difference between each other. Thanks!