Todday1

Todday1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
I have tpms sensors 0n my track rims/ tires. It reads the tire pressures and tire temps fine. One point when you start at 27 PSI on track tires and turn off traction control it will turn it back on on the first lap until they get to about 30 psi. I have not figured out go to change the low pressure setting.
Sponsored

neverknowsbest

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
I didnā€™t have much hope for the tire temp sensor, but having TMPS is going to be nice.

anyone see anything about being able to change the sport display from hp/torque to something useful? Iā€™ve only come across a couple threads form 20/21.

razorlab

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I have tpms sensors 0n my track rims/ tires. It reads the tire pressures and tire temps fine. One point when you start at 27 PSI on track tires and turn off traction control it will turn it back on on the first lap until they get to about 30 psi. I have not figured out go to change the low pressure setting.
It's actually by mph, I believe it is 10mph. I usually roll to the grid and it turns on by then, then you turn it off again and you are good to go until you turn the car off again.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Seatbelt locker actually works really well. Itā€™s called seatbelt extender pro on Amazon. Got the idea from this video:
Thatā€™s sick and hilariously simple at the same time. What a brilliant idea! I bought two kinds for this weekend. Thanks again. Unfortunately really like my stock seats for daily driving. This should tide me over a little bit longer before going to an all out race seat šŸ˜ƒ.

After I set the tire psi where I want it for track (really low), and finally get the warning, I scroll down in the low tire warning menu and do the reset the process for summer tires. Itā€™s a lengthy process, so go through all the screens until it finally asks ā€œpreform resetā€. There is no confirmation after you do that. So, once youā€™ve done that, you drive slow. Itā€™ll begin a percentage count down (or up in this case). It will NOT work driving on track - itā€™s way too fast and youā€™ll have to do the whole damn process again. The slower you drive, the faster the percentage reset will go. So I usually do it outside the track, such as a trip to get more gas :)

Last edited:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So anyone getting more cracked windshields than usual? Iā€™ve found running in the red group, HPDE 4 or the no point by better drivers & cars groups, when Iā€™m following closely to the race cars, Iā€™m getting peppered. I didnā€™t think itā€™d crack my windshield (hindsight is 20/20) and stayed with a really good driver, watching his lines for about 7-8 laps. He had huge 40tw racking slicks. Iā€™d do this same thing in my S2K as well but I never cracked a windshield. Maybe glass was thicker 10 years ago? šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Anyway, any yā€™all use a light UV coat to protect the windshield? My PPF guy says there are some I wonā€™t even notice and will provide some UV protection. But ultimately give me some extra cracked windshield protection.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I drive aggressively on track and probably too close. I am on 4th windshield and current one is cracked
They are made from sugar
I knew it! Thanks brother šŸ‘ŠšŸ½

How long do you drive with those hairlines? I realize youā€™re not telling me to do so. Just curious. I was going to have someone come out and replace it tomorrow. But wonā€™t be able to do the UV protectant film until after Sebring this weekendā€¦ Suppose I could wait

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
I knew it! Thanks brother šŸ‘ŠšŸ½

How long do you drive with those hairlines? I realize youā€™re not telling me to do so. Just curious. I was going to have someone come out and replace it tomorrow. But wonā€™t be able to do the UV protectant film until after Sebring this weekendā€¦ Suppose I could wait

as long as it is not in my vision i leave it. Current crack starts up near the rear view mirror and runs high over to passenger side. so, couldn't be in a better spot. passes tech.

OP
OP
Todday1

Todday1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
I use pro auto tint blank racing tear offs. Takes some practice cutting and fitting with heat gun but managed to get almost 2 years of track days before I finally had to put a windshield in. I found the 2 layer best as the 4 layer one was just too thick and hard to shrink.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I use pro auto tint blank racing tear offs. Takes some practice cutting and fitting with heat gun but managed to get almost 2 years of track days before I finally had to put a windshield in. I found the 2 layer best as the 4 layer one was just too thick and hard to shrink.
That helps. Thanks @Todday1 ! Iā€™ll let my PPF guy know. My new one goes in today. Track this weekend (Iā€™ll stay further back from the Cup cars) then Iā€™ll try to stay off track until I get her filmed.

RichSC

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 LE Supra #86, 2018 Raptor
Alright, said I'd be back with feedback on the CKS coilover option after I got them on track. Was finally able to catch some nice weather for a trip to HPR this past weekend here in CO to get some setup done.

Initially, they felt way too soft for the springs on it (10k/18k) and I was getting bouncing and instability on exits, especially coming off some of the steeper curbs (and our tracks have some rough sections). That brought on some disappointment and doubt, springs essentially just overpowering the dampers. Came back in and increased comp/rebound and tried again. Better, but still needed adjustment. Added a bit more front and rear and that seemed to do it. Car feels very planted and stable, travel and transition going over curbs and up/down steeper elevation changes feels nice and smooth.

I haven't been on track since the beginning of October last year for Gridlife Heartland so I feel pretty rusty. Coupled with how different the car feels from the previous setup and essentially relearning it, I thought I'd be going slow. I was, and was making tons of mistakes and over slowed a lot of areas, but still came away 3 tenths faster than my last PB here and was able to turn a few more at that pace right after.

Overall I'm happy with it. There's still lots of time left in it and I'm really eager to get to the other tracks around here and see time differences at them. That and just more seat time to get readjusted to everything. Previous best at that track was a 1:59.3, ended Saturday after just 3 sessions and a handful of laps with a 59.0, theoretical best from AiM data of a 58.3. Low effort and on the safe map for lapping. For reference, sub 2 here is quick, 1k race bikes and TT1 race cars are in the 51-52s, Formula 1ks in the 48-49s from what I've seen.

The tradeoff to this, and I haven't driven it again on the street yet, but it's probably going to be a pretty rough ride. Not a deal breaker for me personally as I don't daily the car, but I know that's not the case for everyone.

razorlab

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Better the track car, the worse it drives on the streets ;)
I disagree. The higher end coilovers also disagree.

Disclaimer: I've used all sorts of coilovers and lower priced coilovers serve their purpose, as do high-end. We live in a great time. :)

1slow_mk5

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra. S2000. 328i
So anyone getting more cracked windshields than usual? Iā€™ve found running in the red group, HPDE 4 or the no point by better drivers & cars groups, when Iā€™m following closely to the race cars, Iā€™m getting peppered. I didnā€™t think itā€™d crack my windshield (hindsight is 20/20) and stayed with a really good driver, watching his lines for about 7-8 laps. He had huge 40tw racking slicks. Iā€™d do this same thing in my S2K as well but I never cracked a windshield. Maybe glass was thicker 10 years ago? šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Anyway, any yā€™all use a light UV coat to protect the windshield? My PPF guy says there are some I wonā€™t even notice and will provide some UV protection. But ultimately give me some extra cracked windshield protection.
Miami has a lot of rocks at the last turn. I noticed a lot more chips there than Sebring.
Sponsored