Race Tracking Your Supra - Information exchange

frankenm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
You seriously have a never ending project. Haha. I think its been over a year since I have seen your car so I am sure its going to be completely different now!
Yea I am taking forever to get this car finished still have so much on the todo list that I put on hold or just do not have time for currently

The only event I really want to try and make this year is the san pedro hillclimb in Baja later in the year if I have the time
Sponsored

digatron

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, FA20 wrx

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I got a set of DCT-30s and @bushido has the DCT-60s if you really get in a pinch.
Got mine from Josh at Meraki Autoworks. Currently in stock. Glad you’re getting out there 🏁

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
275/35 square vs 295/30 r18? Any1 used both/simmilar sizes?

I have my old 2.0 track wheels with tires [Dunlop direzza 03g 265 (278mm thread)] and wondering if i should sell them coz I may have a buyer. Gonna run Direzza/a052 only.
Goal in the next year is ~470 crank hp (400whp), maybe up to 500whp in the future. Looked at Supra GT4 which runs 305 square slicks so I figured 295 square would be fine choise but... 2nd guessing it now as I have wheels and some tires alrdy. Thinking for the future as this will be track setup for years to come.

Any opinions?

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra

I have my old 2.0 track wheels with tires [Dunlop direzza 03g 265 (278mm thread)] and wondering if i should sell them coz I may have a buyer. Gonna run Direzza/a052 only.
Goal in the next year is ~470 crank hp (400whp), maybe up to 500whp in the future. Looked at Supra GT4 which runs 305 square slicks so I figured 295 square would be fine choise but... 2nd guessing it now as I have wheels and some tires alrdy. Thinking for the future as this will be track setup for years to come.

Any opinions?
Ill have some feedback after Saturday on something similar. Normally use 315s but for this event I will be on 275s. Next event I will be on 295s. I honestly think 315s are overkill. Virtually impossible to get them up to temp. The good news was I could do 20 min sessions and the tires never got greasy.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.

Any opinions?

I've used both 275/40/18 CRS V2 and 295/35/18 CRS V2 although it's not really a fair comparison as the 295 CRS are wayyyy too wide for 18x10.5 wheels. I am solving that this year by going to 18x11.

Now, things that don't depend on the wheel width. I could feel the weight and drag difference for sure. My mph was down slightly in the straights. However, even with the tire feeling like crap because of the wheel width, it had very noticeable grip difference and I went faster. Looking forward to them on a proper 18x11.

Here are the measured width differences, both unmounted.

275/40/18
IMG_1975.jpeg

295/35/18
IMG_1976.jpeg

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
Well, so seems like 295 will just be faster. 275 square were fine on 2.0, but I fear will be too low for ~400whp 3.0. Speed is all that counts for track wheels :)

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Well, so seems like 295 will just be faster. 275 square were fine on 2.0, but I fear will be too low for ~400whp 3.0. Speed is all that counts for track wheels :)
Jackie had 600+ and was bound to 275 CRS because of his class and went plenty fast. That said, he was sideways most of the time.

AndyK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nitro Yellow MT
Ill have some feedback after Saturday on something similar. Normally use 315s but for this event I will be on 275s. Next event I will be on 295s. I honestly think 315s are overkill. Virtually impossible to get them up to temp. The good news was I could do 20 min sessions and the tires never got greasy.
315 impossible to get to temp.... you have not met me. I would 100% get at least the fronts up to temp with uberfast corner entry and understeer shenanigans :D. If turn traction 2 clicks off, rears will follow. Lap times will not represent how well the tires were warmed up though.

Lets hook up for pitting near each other, I am staying at a friends at Bakersfield on Friday. Running 275 ECF on 18x11 on stock power. They are pretty stretched on those rims but feel very responsive.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Jackie had 600+ and was bound to 275 CRS because of his class and went plenty fast. That said, he was sideways most of the time.
I really like my 275 Maxxis Victra R-1s or CRS with my stock’ish power. Looking forward to Bryan/Briana‘s personal preference at his/her track with they/them power.

Still figuring out my Garmin, now that I’ve got past the box opening video 😜, and used it a few times. Assuming it remember/save the optimal sectors, so I can keep chipping away at em over time?

Last edited:

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I really like my 275 Maxxis Victra R-1s or CRS with my stock’ish power. Looking forward to Bryan/Briana‘s personal preference at his/her track with they/them power.

Still figuring out my Garmin, now that I’ve got past the box opening video 😜, and used it a few times. Assuming it remember/save the optimal sectors, so I can keep chipping away at em over time?
Surprised you didn't let your race shop set up the garmin.

Spettro11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 Premium MT; (RIP to my '83 MkII)
I tried searching this thread but with 155 pages its a lot to go through. I'm a total rookie on a track, other than a couple of autocross events in a Miata.

I'm ready to book my complimentary HPDE-Intro track day, but could use some sound advice from anyone who is experienced. In my head I'm one and done, but I know me... will likely want to do more.

I'd be going to Mid-Ohio racetrack. Available dates are in April, May, and August. Is there a temperature preference for this? Any advice on prepping the car... or myself? Thanks!

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I tried searching this thread but with 155 pages its a lot to go through. I'm a total rookie on a track, other than a couple of autocross events in a Miata.

I'm ready to book my complimentary HPDE-Intro track day, but could use some sound advice from anyone who is experienced. In my head I'm one and done, but I know me... will likely want to do more.

I'd be going to Mid-Ohio racetrack. Available dates are in April, May, and August. Is there a temperature preference for this? Any advice on prepping the car... or myself? Thanks!
If it's your first track event ever:

1. Make sure you have an instructor.
2. Bring lots of water.
3. Make sure you eat.
4. Make sure all your car fluids are pretty fresh, with a 2023, you are probably just fine.
5. Pace yourself.
6. Have fun.

Ignore anyone that states matter of factly that you need track pads and track brake fluid for your first track event ever. This isn't a car made in 1994.