Race Tracking Your Supra - Information exchange

digatron

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, FA20 wrx
I honestly think he got the typical s2000 throttle lift death wobble and didn't catch it. Was it still there on Sunday?

You running a 157 makes me feel a lot better haha. I had that in me but traffic was terrible in my group. One lap I was on a good one and had the car in front of me lose it at the turn coming on to the straight. I had to slam on the brakes and still got a 2 flat that lap.
Ahhh super unfortunate. Honestly im losing time everywhere, i need to turn in earlier at a lot of places and grow some balls at Phil Hill. I take bus stop fine imo 80+ but Phil Hill im taking at like 70 because splitter grave. I really need to tune my suspension setup, every berm feels like a bounce house lol. I had nothing but traffic after session 1. I stopped after session 4 and skipped out on open track, was just too tired lol. I also need to raise the car a bunch. Maybe 3 finger gap in front and 4 in rear lol.
Sponsored

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
U got Your suspension sorted out? Coz I will have questions, be prepared :D
Hahaha, you can PM me. Yessir. My times dropped quite a bit not worrying about fender rub & excessive tire wear. I’m totally digging it!

The head mechanic said he went for the most negative camber he could w/out rubbing. Having camber plates and lower control arms gave more flexibility. Some adjustments were done trackside and the rest at the shop. Going back out Feb 16. It’s is an all you can eat (drive) buffet @Sebring and the weekend (17 &18) is a regular HPDE event.

mike08282002

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
B58 4 Door
Like previously said, it’s like splitting hairs between the 275 & 295 squares. Tire availability and price is a nice edge for the 275s. Added bonus, having more clearance up front. The car feels good trail braking and other Supras guys I know, our times are up with the fastest BMWs - down here at least. Cost & availability = more track time for me. And it’s nice being able to run Maxxis Victra RC-1s. Lots of us love them down here. Could be a heat thang. Who knows. But they do feel great!

(edit: I‘m also standard power. If y’all have more power, makes more sense)
Quick questions, what size wheels you run with the 275 Maxxis Rc1, 18x10 or 18x10.5?
Thanks

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Last edited:

mdpalmer

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 MT | 2001 DC2 Integra
Have any of you used the Dragy device with the Dragy Lap app? I just tried it out last weekend to test it. You can generate your own "track" with a defined start and finish location. Super easy to set up, video and other data like speed, acceleration, and position are recorded and synced. You can play back your lap on a Google derived map too.

Not sure how accurate the timing and other data is but it's pretty cool and convenient for someone like me who will occasionally do a track day.

Sample video from Dragy:

Mori

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
‘23 A90
Does anyone know if RE-71RS 285/35/19 will fit on stock rear wheels? I should probably just play it safe with 275s since I don't want to run spacers on the track.

Also any opinions on RE-71RS vs. Conti ECS (original) for a street+track tire?
I was set on RE-71RS but a friend told me that Conti ECS last way longer and are nearly as grippy.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Does anyone know if RE-71RS 285/35/19 will fit on stock rear wheels? I should probably just play it safe with 275s since I don't want to run spacers on the track.

I was set on RE-71RS but a friend told me that Conti ECS last way longer and are nearly as grippy.
How many track days a year? Conti ECF would be better than ECS for a dual tire that works well for both.

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA

ECS do not have the same grip levels. You need new friends.

I'm on squared 275/35/r18 RE71RS. It's not a great dual duty as it wears quickly and you'll add additional heatcycles to it.

Mori

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
‘23 A90
How many track days a year? Conti ECF would be better than ECS for a dual tire that works well for both.
4-6 days a year. I drive to/from the track though, about 120mi each way.
I'll do some research and consider Conti ECFs.
ECS do not have the same grip levels. You need new friends.

I'm on squared 275/35/r18 RE71RS. It's not a great dual duty as it wears quickly and you'll add additional heatcycles to it.
Hmm good to know.
I don't drive too much besides to/from the track and occasional weekend twistys.
Probably less than 3k a year.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
4-6 days a year. I drive to/from the track though, about 120mi each way.
I'll do some research and consider Conti ECFs.
It really depends on what you are expecting.

What to slam down some PB's and don't care about tire life or dying if it rains?
- Nankang CRS, Yoko A052, Bridgestone RE71RS, Falken RT660

Want to go pretty fast but not as fast as the above tires, have better tire life, want to not spend much money, but still might die if it rains?
- Kumho V730

Want to still go pretty fast, but 2 secs or more slower than the first list of tires, get good tire life, and are decent in the rain for the pace possible?
- Conti ExtremeContact Force

Mori

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
‘23 A90
It really depends on what you are expecting.

What to slam down some PB's and don't care about tire life or dying if it rains?
- Nankang CRS, Yoko A052, Bridgestone RE71RS, Falken RT660

Want to go pretty fast but not as fast as the above tires, have better tire life, want to not spend much money, but still might die if it rains?
- Kumho V730

Want to still go pretty fast, but 2 secs or more slower than the first list of tires, get good tire life, and are decent in the rain for the pace possible?
- Conti ExtremeContact Force
I thought V730s [B-] were more likely to kill you in the rain than any of the other Super 200s (B) (according to the chart)?

Also does RE71RS [A] really do better than ECFs (B) in wet performance?
1706917112346.png

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I thought V730s [B-] were more likely to kill you in the rain than any of the other Super 200s (B) (according to the chart)?

Also does RE71RS [A] really do better than ECFs (B) in wet performance?
I don't have personal experience with RE71RS in the rain so I will leave that to someone else.

The Nankang CRS will get you to/from the track at full tread or close to full tread even in a monsoon but from personal experience, I had to have a couple whiskeys on arrival to calm my nerves.

The V730 get faster as they wear, but they also turn into slicks, which don't get along well with rain.
Sponsored