Race Tracking Your Supra - Information exchange

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Those recommendations are for a much lighter vehicle. Tire contact patch is proportional to vehicle weight divided by tire pressure.

if your Supra is 18% heavier than the spec e30 (or whatever) the manufacture will, as a general rule, recommend tire pressures 18% higher to maintain the same tire shape and contact patch.
Yessa. I donā€™t think they recommend a square setup either. But there is a huge range there if peeps check it hot. A pro buddy prefers the psi even lower. I love these tIres on our Supra šŸ„°
Sponsored

OP
OP
Todday1

Todday1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
I run 275/35/18 and have used 3 sets of the maxxis. Hot temps I have tried 30 to 36 and ended up at 34 seeming to be the best. I have corded the out side fronts at about 4 track days even with different camber and pressures. So they tend to roll the edges more than some of the other tires. But they are up there with the fastest tire out side of slicks from my perspective.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Any of you run your own transponder like Mylaps TR2?

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
What's up with the subscription? Is it needed to record lap times or is it only for the app? The venue I go through has there own timing stuff which works with the Mylap stuff.
Yes you need the subscription Itā€™s a crock but if you donā€™t have subscription it will not broadcast to timing loop The tracks loops is just listening. The mylap is broadcasting.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Yes you need the subscription Itā€™s a crock but if you donā€™t have subscription it will not broadcast to timing loop The tracks loops is just listening. The mylap is broadcasting.
Well that sucks. However, I noticed they sell the transponders with "no subscription" for like double the base price. Assuming that means it works without the yearly subscription.

The venue I race with is actually selling some used units with no subscription needed for $375. Figure at $20 a day rental fee, it should pay for itself.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Well that sucks. However, I noticed they sell the transponders with "no subscription" for like double the base price. Assuming that means it works without the yearly subscription.

The venue I race with is actually selling some used units with no subscription needed for $375. Figure at $20 a day rental fee, it should pay for itself.
yeah. I should have held out for an older ā€œalways onā€ non subscription.
meh 150-170 a year (forget) is the least of my consumables

OP
OP
Todday1

Todday1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
I bought my Laps no subscription so works fine will all the tracks I have been to. I also have a solo2 as some do not always run Mylaps outside of the competition groups.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I run 275/35/18 and have used 3 sets of the maxxis. Hot temps I have tried 30 to 36 and ended up at 34 seeming to be the best. I have corded the out side fronts at about 4 track days even with different camber and pressures. So they tend to roll the edges more than some of the other tires. But they are up there with the fastest tire out side of slicks from my perspective.
Good to hear. Love the price with the NASA discount. And I really liked the Nankangs too! Iā€™m hoping the Maxxis will last me longer at a cheaper price, w/ the same track times. Will soon find out :)

I was looking for a photo of my Nankangs. Outer wear so added additional camber up front. Will take a few pic & post later. See what yā€˜all think. How many more track days left on them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Todday1

Todday1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
I found the nankangs to last a bit longer and times are almost the same as maxxis for hpde sessions. I now am running p zero slicks for time trial. But that then puts me in tt2 class for Nasa. It takes a bit of adjusting to as you switch back and forth but you gain about 2-3 sec faster on the slicks. Just is a lot of tire changing back and forth.

Traxion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Amazed those arenā€™t heat cycled out. They must be after 9 days.
I am amazed as well because I matched by PB from last June when they were fresh this past Dec with the same rears. Not peak but they are definitely serviceable. My other set of wheels for autox with the same tires I've run for 10-12 events and they're still great. From the previous season, after the same amount of autox events with the RT660 those fell off a cliff and were super frustrating so the RE-71RS definitely has much better heat cycle tolerance.
Sponsored