Race Tracking Your Supra - Information exchange

Eyelise

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Lotus Elise, 2023 Supra
Beautiful tracks! šŸ˜ A buddy is throwing his car on the train to get to some of those northern hills. Both of you guys are flying through the hairpins. Feels like Iā€˜m throwing the car around. Canā€™t wait to overlay the data from my last track days and check it out. Those tracks look so nice and smooth šŸ§ˆ šŸ¤¤

Question for Catalyst peeps: do you have to do the overlay on the unit or is there a faster method? Thx
Catalyst does it for you. The files are two big for direct DL to site so you need a YouTube acct and just add the link.
Sponsored

GRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Too many
Which tire lasts longer for tracking/street? RE71RS or A052? Might have to daily either one of these tires for a bit so wondering which would be better longevity-wise. I know CRS are better than both of these long-term but that is not an option right now since I have 19s and sizes in 19s are limited. I do about 6 track days a year.
Daily get Advan AD09

if setting lap time with stock suspension get RE71RS as the A052 rolls too much on stock camber, requiring more steering angle to make a turn

if setting laptime with coilovers + camber kit the A052 has an edge because it is lighter

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
Daily get Advan AD09

if setting lap time with stock suspension get RE71RS as the A052 rolls too much on stock camber, requiring more steering angle to make a turn

if setting laptime with coilovers + camber kit the A052 has an edge because it is lighter

1 and only Direzza, thats what I use :)

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
Itā€™s funny because the guy who does my suspension asked if Iā€™m done playing with tires & he will set it for the Maxxis. I honestly thought it wasnā€™t that big of a deal, lol.

Separate issue or thoughts (everyone):

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-599475-turner-a90-control-arm-monoball-upgrade
Haha :D
Well direzza is said to be 2nd only to cup2r as far as semislicks go... dunno about new trofeo rs but time will tell. Next upgr around here over dunlop are full slicks.

I wanna do monoballs + solid subframe mount on mine 1day.

For now trying to figure how to do tunnels for verus standard splitter...

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Daily get Advan AD09

The fact that the AD09 was faster than the CRS and even the AR1 completely makes this test not something to reference. Probably the only people in the world to experience this. Anyone that has tracked those tires in real life would attest. The fact that it's so close to the A052 is 100% BS.

Haha :D
Well direzza is said to be 2nd only to cup2r as far as semislicks go... dunno about new trofeo rs but time will tell. Next upgr around here over dunlop are full slicks.
We don't get the Direzza here in the USA unfortunately.

Last edited:

JRTritsch

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra MT, 93 MR2
For anyone interested.

Whiteline 24mm front sway bar is 24.3mm and 5lbs heavier than the hollow 24mm OEM front sway bar.

IMG_3084.jpeg

IMG_3085.jpeg

IMG_3086.jpeg

IMG_3088.jpeg
And it comes with bushings that are way too thick and have to be cut down.
Iā€™m 1 for 3 on whiteline sway bars that actually fit. I realize itā€™s a really complicated part to engineer šŸ™„

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Iā€™m 1 for 3 on whiteline sway bars that actually fit. I realize itā€™s a really complicated part to engineer šŸ™„
mine fit no problemā€¦. :dunno:

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Did you forget to put the black plates back on under the mounts?

Visual:

JRTritsch

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra MT, 93 MR2
IMG_3790.jpeg

Thatā€™s me lightly compressing the bushing with a clamp. Waaay too much material. It would bind so bad if you just tighten that down.

i3igpete

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0L 8AT
Maybe it's just the lighting, but it looks like the bushing doesn't even wrap entirely around the bar, like it was designed for smaller diameter or they sent you the wrong one

JRTritsch

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra MT, 93 MR2
Maybe it's just the lighting, but it looks like the bushing doesn't even wrap entirely around the bar, like it was designed for smaller diameter or they sent you the wrong one
It seemed to fit the bar diameter correctly. I trimmed the bushings down to flush and still used it. Maybe they sent the wrong ones or poor quality control? I remember double checking the part number to make sure I got the right one.

For anyone installing, the bar should turn in the bushing by hand with not a huge amount of effort. If was that tight during install, pull the end links and make sure itā€™s not bound up.

I bought a bar from them 10 years ago that hit the control arms on a fr-s, so Iā€™ve been unimpressed ever since lol.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
The oem bushings are bound to the bar to add more bar rate. Itā€™s not an issue. The oem bushings are also not flush with the mount.

JRTritsch

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra MT, 93 MR2
The oem bushings are bound to the bar to add more bar rate. Itā€™s not an issue. The oem bushings are also not flush with the mount.
There is a fundamental difference between the bound rubber bushing which acts light rotating spring versus the stiction provided by lubricated polyurethane. You have no consistent return to center. Urethane is not an effective spring material, it does not have the compressibility or hysteresis for that purpose.

If they chose over compressed urethane to hold the sway bar clamped with minimal rotation thatā€™s even worse engineering than an ill-fitting bushing.
Sponsored