Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
CGC_6993.jpeg

CGC_7127.jpeg

CGC_2503.jpeg

Free car wash last day on track. No longer rubbing the inside wheel well with extra camber. So that’a plus. Still have my Nankangs and want to try and find the threads on them. I’m such a bad judge of when that’ll happen. That’s my only real concern = big relief 😮💨 to be able to go out and just drive the snot out of her.

Also, never saw 92 octane before or ethanol free 93. Pretty cool for those that don’t drive often.

IMG_6294.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Todday1

Todday1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
These are great shots and good you are driving in the wet as it gives you more confidence on car control when you are back on the dry. On driving the tires until they cord. Just remember to get under to check insides especially as you start getting to higher camber. Was watching the outsides and did not check enough the insides. Nankangs are pretty good all the way down to cords. These are hooiser r7.
IMG_1713.jpeg

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Nankangs are pretty good all the way down to cords.
Maybe if someone drives 4/10ths on them. They heat cycle out WAYYYYYYYYYY before they turn into slicks. I get about 4.5 days out of a set of CRS before they drop off the grip cliff.

This is a heat-cycled out CRS:

IMG_1713.jpeg

OP
OP
Todday1

Todday1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
That is true. I am just cheap and for hpde sessions when they fall off i just try to adjust to make up for it but for time trail yes i have to balance heat cycles and tread wear and as you say you cannot run all the way down even when they still look like they still have tread left.

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
Speaking of CR-S.. I ran them in the rain last week for the first time and they were feckin worthless. I don't think this is a major surprise, but I expected a little more. The car was totally undriveable. Packed it in after 2 miserable sessions.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Speaking of CR-S.. I ran them in the rain last week for the first time and they were feckin worthless. I don't think this is a major surprise, but I expected a little more. The car was totally undriveable. Packed it in after 2 miserable sessions.
Yea, anything less than full tread, don't even try. I've shared this before but I drove 2 hours to the track in a monsoon with brand new full thread CRS and I thought I was going into the barriers multiple times. Whiskey worked wonders upon arrival.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
You’re right. It doesn’t take much to induce a slide, regain & repeat. Daily rains down here 6-9 months of the year, south of Tampa. So we just go out and practice car control. Most peeps have rain tires as well. If it doesn’t rain much in your area, it wouldn’t make sense.

The nice thing, it’s usually short bursts and it’s over. So you have a nice skid pad areas where you can induce a slide. This last time we were fully off line and hunting any dryer spots we could find. Oddly it rained all day.

Last edited:

sams2k

First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 turbo s2k, 2017 cadillac atsv, 2022 supra 3.0
Ah ok, my mistake there. So info for EU bois for the future :)

Other info: Speed Engineering (german) will be releasing their canards set soon (~march), with TUV certificate.

Screenshot_20231224_220828_YouTube.jpg
have you seen any updates on the canards?

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Whiteline bushings are bad, they looked like they didn't fit so I cut them down before actually checking if they fit and worked correctly. Whiteline is trash because of my user error.
So I finally installed the whiteline bar today. The bushings were the same as yours. I tightened everything down with ZERO issues. I even checked to see if the bar could freely rotate still. Rotated with ZERO binding and hardly any force.

There is nothing wrong with these bushings. User error.

JRTritsch

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra MT, 93 MR2
So I finally installed the whiteline bar today. The bushings were the same as yours. I tightened everything down with ZERO issues. I even checked to see if the bar could freely rotate still. Rotated with ZERO binding and hardly any force.

There is nothing wrong with these bushings. User error.
Don’t put words I my mouth. If you fail to comprehend something this simple and obvious, learn to be quiet.

Some of us aren’t just Internet forum blowhards like yourself.

If you look at that bushing and think that’s ok, by all means feel free to do as you think is right.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Don’t put words I my mouth. If you fail to comprehend something this simple and obvious, learn to be quiet.

Some of us aren’t just Internet forum blowhards like yourself.

If you look at that bushing and think that’s ok, by all means feel free to do as you think is right.
It’s okay, it fills the hump in the oem bracket, which isn’t flat. The bar rotates fine with no binding. Everything works as intended. I’m sorry you thought you might have been smarter than it. Every concern you had is not valid.

“learn to be quiet”. No, I’m not quiet literally because of people like you. Others might see your posts and do the same asinine modifications that aren’t necessary.

JRTritsch

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra MT, 93 MR2
There’s no where else for the bushing to go, it’s sandwiched between a flat plate and the bracket?

Did you leave the plate out?

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
There’s no where else for the bushing to go, it’s sandwiched between a flat plate and the bracket?

Did you leave the plate out?
Plates are in. Look at the bracket again. It has a hump. The bushing fills it when compressed. Just like OEM. The OEM bushing sticks out past the top when not installed just like the whiteline.

In the end, the bar rotates freely with no modifications. Your concerns are not concerns.
Sponsored