Really annoying water pocket / Water pooling on hatch

westtxsupra2.0

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0
How about the side mirrors, there's an endless supply of water that keeps draining after every car wash! I dry them up, use the air compressor and those mirror still produce water from somewhere. Even after driving for miles there's still water messing up my clean doors :mad:
Sponsored

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
I was jUST about to make a post about this. However maybe my car has a gangsta lean cause the water pool only happens on the drivers side of the back window.

How about the side mirrors, there's an endless supply of water that keeps draining after every car wash! I dry them up, use the air compressor and those mirror still produce water from somewhere. Even after driving for miles there's still water messing up my clean doors :mad:
Dude effing seriously! I washed my car today and as I was driving home, I kept seeing water flying out of the side mirrors and right along the side and rear hips of my freshly washed car. I may let the mirrors fold in and take a blow dryer to that area to get the excess water out next time.

westtxsupra2.0

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0
Dude effing seriously! I washed my car today and as I was driving home, I kept seeing water flying out of the side mirrors and right along the side and rear hips of my freshly washed car. I may let the mirrors fold in and take a blow dryer to that area to get the excess water out next time.
[/QUOTE]

Sorry to say but I've already tried this. I folded the mirrors PLUS air pressure for 2 1/2 hrs (jk) and STILL there's about 5 gallons of water dripping from the side mirrors while on the freeway. I have video to prove it!! :banghead:

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
oh boi. I knew there had to be a better way than air compressor :p
Is it any good. I wanted to get something, haven't done any research yet, been contemplating...
Also, is it worth it? As in does it cut down the time and effort or just an expensive gimmick?
https://www.esotericcarcare.com/bigboi-blowr-pro-car-dryer/

• Airspeed: up to 179mph whaaaaatttt

Hexel

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Works great, I detail cars. You can even select heated air and with 8 hp itā€™ll get all the water out of everywhere and reduce youā€™re drying time, plus no contact with surface- less scratches

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
This is what I use and itā€™s the best $99 you can spend. Filtered warm air, rubber flexible nozzle. Small enough to easily maneuver. Works great to remove all of the excess water after washing. Also nice for the interior between the seats, etc. Lots of power.

Along with a photo of the absolute best quick detailer. Chemical Guys VO7 Hybrid Spray. Not all are created equal.

No affiliation with Seller.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/273461892862

EB6450A3-186F-429A-941B-DA75FC6A1AC5.jpeg

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

a90aloy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 a90 and 2020 r1
I washed my car and after waiting 3 days a ton of water came out of the drivers side mirror. So I buy a esoteric bigboi blower buddi and think problem solved. I spend 12 hours polishing the car and the next day put it on jackstands to install my lip and water pours out from the mirror. Where is the water coming from?

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
This is what I use and itā€™s the best $99 you can spend. Filtered warm air, rubber flexible nozzle. Small enough to easily maneuver. Works great to remove all of the excess water after washing. Also nice for the interior between the seats, etc. Lots of power.

Along with a photo of the absolute best quick detailer. Chemical Guys VO7 Hybrid Spray. Not all are created equal.

No affiliation with Seller.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/273461892862

EB6450A3-186F-429A-941B-DA75FC6A1AC5.jpeg
~ best $100 you could spend for a car person!

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
So for as long as Iā€™ve owned my Supra it gets water trapped on the bottom of the rear window where it meets the trunk. Whenever Iā€™m drying the car after washing it, the water trapped in there will coming pouring out and Iā€™ll have to redry that area. I donā€™t want water getting stuck in there and causing issues later on. It looks as though some weather stripping could fit in there too, has anybody tried fitting some in there or did I just get a Supra that didnā€™t come with it.

D9EC8A9F-F3B0-4DCC-A275-2DC27C8E86EA.jpeg
I too use a Metro Sidekick mini blower before blot drying the car.. Gets all the water out from the nooks.. and even use it to clear out my Eley water hose after the wash.
Sponsored