Jakester

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
I went from next week to next week to next week to a GMS kit :dunno:

But I'm still waiting for their manifold.
Same here, I got tired of waiting and went P2uned kit and EOS manifold. And I don't need to worry about reliability and performance cause it's already proven.
Sponsored

A91_Alita

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
How do these turbos hold up? Seems like the cts ones crap the bed and they seem similar

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra A90 Edition
We do
We don't know yet. They are not out yet.
we kinda do know though. The Omega series turbos have been out for a while now and they work awesome!

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
How do these turbos hold up? Seems like the cts ones crap the bed and they seem similar
The Omega series turbos have been proven to be very reliable and make great power!

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
we kinda do know though. The Omega series turbos have been out for a while now and they work awesome!
Do we?

Is there a list of B58s with 10k miles, 50+ drag passes or 2+ years on the Omega setup? If not, I don't think can confidently say they 'hold up.' I know Alec has a good track record, and there are other platforms with this sort of use on them, but I don't think we have solid data on this exact application yet.

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
Do we?

Is there a list of B58s with 10k miles, 50+ drag passes or 2+ years on the Omega setup? If not, I don't think can confidently say they 'hold up.' I know Alec has a good track record, and there are other platforms with this sort of use on them, but I don't think we have solid data on this exact application yet.
not on the B58 but this turbo has been out for years now.

it’s like saying a Garret or Precision is not proven until someone puts it on a B58. The turbo itself is.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
not on the B58 but this turbo has been out for years now.

it’s like saying a Garret or Precision is not proven until someone puts it on a B58. The turbo itself is.
It's sort of like saying that, sure. It's the same CHRA I assume, which is great, however, CTS has a hit-or-miss track record with their CHRAs, the same with FP and Pure. Pure also has casting/machining issues. This is a whole new casting, obviously, because of the factory frame- a lot of R&D went into this design, and it's new. I'm not saying that Omega is bad or even might be bad, I'm saying I don't think there is a ton of data on this yet, in its current configuration.

Comparing Garret, Precision, or any other top-tier turbo manufacturer is also a little unfair. "Household" brands aren't exactly the same ballgame as Pure, CTS, Omega, etc.

sams2k

First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 turbo s2k, 2017 cadillac atsv, 2022 supra 3.0
The Omega series turbos have been proven to be very reliable and make great power!
what power level should this turbo do?
its bigger then pure?
Sponsored