Results for DI & DAW Ultra Flow R

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
I'm still having issues getting the tune straight. my tuner has been patient but it's kind of out of his hands. we're sitting at 600/600 and it's drivable, but we can't push the ethanol higher than E52. If you go by Spool's published info on my setup, I should easily be able to push straight Ethanol at my power levels. I'm having issues getting Spool to respond (see final thoughts at bottom for more on this). Sameh is my tuner, so when he says he's pushing it as hard as he can given the tables he's received from Spool, I'm inclined to believe him.
It took 18 dyno runs to initially dial it in... that's absurd. Once we started street tuning, that's where the underlining issues really started popping up, trims getting wacky, throttle closures, etc. Spool has since provided Sameh and Pro Tuning Freaks with the "correct" tables for my setup, that was a couple weeks ago. I've had 2 revisions since then and it's marginally better. Sameh did send over another revision yesterday, that I'll be testing today. Even if it "works", it's still a bandaid because I'm not even close to Spool's claimed flow/output. Meaning, I'm sitting here with a top mount and there's zero chance my setup (in this configuration) will be able to push it to the max or even close.
I've asked Spool for help, and willing to provide them all the logs they want, but I feel I'm getting ghosted. In all fairness, the first time I reached out to Spool, they were all over it. Sent updated tables to Sam/PTF that day. Sameh confirmed he received them and that PTF updated their tuning platform to include these tables. As stated above, it got marginally better.

As far as drivability, feels like stock. The problem is I'm only getting, imo, 10-15% more flow than the stock hpfp/injectors.
Another thing that could be messing this up, but still doesn't fully explain everything, is Spool can't (or won't) tell me which injectors they shipped me. There's a reason lol. I originally ordered the FX-350 and Injectors. After I placed my order, but before receiving anything, they released their FX-400x hpfp and Stage 2 injectors. I contacted them, letting them know I wanted the FX-400x. They asked me to return the FX-350, which I did. Somewhere in there I mentioned it would be nice to get the Stage 2 injectors. When I finally received the FX-400x and Injectors, I assumed they upgraded the injectors to stage 2. I didn't get any up close photos of the injectors prior to the install. I've asked Spool a couple times now which injectors they shipped me, no response. So, Sameh's tune, to my knowledge, is based off me having Stage 2 injectors, but I'm not sure of that.

At this point, i don't know if it's a injector mismatch or Sam/PTF have the wrong tables. I'm really at a loss here. If I don't hear from them by the end of the weekend, I'm just going to pull an injector and get the QR code off of it. At least I'll know which injectors I have.

I fully understood I was getting an unproven product. I just thought Spool would provided more support. Probably would if I had a huge IG account or was a "somebody" in the racing scene.

I want to be clear about the above. Sameh hasn't said one negative thing about my setup or Spool. Spool also did try to reach out to me last weekend, on Easter, but I wasn't able to take the call. I feel I've been ignored since... or they're just really fucking busy.

@razorlab @EddieNel update for you guys... nothing really new. I'll be taking it out later today to test the latest tune revision.
It's disconcerting to read this, I have the FX400X.
Sponsored

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
Thanks for the update, and sorry for your issues! Hopefully you can get the needed info and see expected improvements. Sounds about the same power as their FX-350 and stock injectors, so any frustration is understandable.Thanks again and best of luck.
They managed to get 670 whp out of their shop car and Fx400x with stock injectors.. It should have atleast 650 in it with stock injectors

NiceBMW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
They managed to get 670 whp out of their shop car and Fx400x with stock injectors.. It should have atleast 650 in it with stock injectors
That's what I was hoping for too but don't know how they did it. I would love to see others try. Two other guys including the OP only got 610 max on E30 with FX-350 and stock injectors. Any more ethanol maxed them out. Maybe less ethanol and higher octane, I dunno.

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
That's what I was hoping for too but don't know how they did it. I would love to see others try. Two other guys including the OP only got 610 max on E30 with FX-350 and stock injectors. Any more ethanol maxed them out. Maybe less ethanol and higher octane, I dunno.
Maybe it was a happy dyno. Shoup tuned their shop car and he insists I can't break 60xwhp on stock injectors.

EddieNel

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F350
Iā€™ve got to go back and reread this. Somethingā€™s not right. Stock turbos are putting out 500hp and 600 torque. I think I would ask for new injectors and retune. Hell they might even be mismatched. Hell who knowā€¦.

OP
OP
Vimugsy011

Vimugsy011

First Name
Mugsy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Playing some catch-up on this post, personally I have learned that there is too much of a focus on obtaining certain dyno numbers. This is what I have been able to achieve with my current setup, my focus has been on drag racing, and can give you an idea of what I was able to hit. Dyno style and all can make a difference, all my numbers are on a Dynojet. I also found that on a dyno with no load there was a significant difference with what it does on the street, more power/boost on the street.

My current setup is the FX-350 and stage 1 injectors, I maxed out the stock injectors at 610 so I would expect to see around 600. At 610 I was deep low 10's in the 1/4 and hit as low as 10.0, once I added the injectors I ended up running 9.7 and the dyno was around 640 at the time.

With Spool I would recommend calling them, usually they are pretty responsive when I have called them over the phone. Past E50 I believe there is no power gain, just helps with cooling if your IATs are running high. Feel free to hit me up on IG with the log and might be able to help a bit.

OldHead-MKV-Owner

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22' Supra, 95' 300ZX SMZ, 22' F150 Limited
Playing some catch-up on this post, personally I have learned that there is too much of a focus on obtaining certain dyno numbers. This is what I have been able to achieve with my current setup, my focus has been on drag racing, and can give you an idea of what I was able to hit. Dyno style and all can make a difference, all my numbers are on a Dynojet. I also found that on a dyno with no load there was a significant difference with what it does on the street, more power/boost on the street.

My current setup is the FX-350 and stage 1 injectors, I maxed out the stock injectors at 610 so I would expect to see around 600. At 610 I was deep low 10's in the 1/4 and hit as low as 10.0, once I added the injectors I ended up running 9.7 and the dyno was around 640 at the time.

With Spool I would recommend calling them, usually they are pretty responsive when I have called them over the phone. Past E50 I believe there is no power gain, just helps with cooling if your IATs are running high. Feel free to hit me up on IG with the log and might be able to help a bit.
Will do...

OP
OP
Vimugsy011

Vimugsy011

First Name
Mugsy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Will do...
Yea I'm surprised that you are running into so many issues, I actually am looking to get mine upgraded to the stage 2 HPFP & Injectors. I know the tuning can be a little more challenging with the DI setup but you have the most experienced tuner on your case with DI on these. I would expect to see 700+ on stage 2 if the turbo can flow it, I am at 650 range with my current setup (stage 1)

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
Yea I'm surprised that you are running into so many issues, I actually am looking to get mine upgraded to the stage 2 HPFP & Injectors. I know the tuning can be a little more challenging with the DI setup but you have the most experienced tuner on your case with DI on these. I would expect to see 700+ on stage 2 if the turbo can flow it, I am at 650 range with my current setup (stage 1)
shoup might be the go to guy on this actually. He tunes The spool shop cars and works with them directly on DI B58 projects.

Gotink

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 supra 2016 tundra 1999 4Runner
Its pretty impressive. IDK why everyone is throwing shade on this car when its the only car to go 9s with just DI and a drop in turbo.
Itā€™s because it hasnā€™t been in fast And furious yet.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
I want to be clear about the above. Sameh hasn't said one negative thing about my setup or Spool. Spool also did try to reach out to me last weekend, on Easter, but I wasn't able to take the call. I feel I've been ignored since... or they're just really fucking busy.

@razorlab @EddieNel update for you guys... nothing really new. I'll be taking it out later today to test the latest tune revision.
You know its funny. I posted a link to this thread in one of the B58 groups about the spool pump and they responded there. Hell another member was feeling like I was attacking them posting your issue.

Maybe try posting in the b58 Enthusiasts group and see if you get a response there.

Bilharzia

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Commodore 2010
Could you link to B58 group please? "B58" gets plenty of hits - not sure whether you refer to supramkv.com or elsewhere.
You know its funny. I posted a link to this thread in one of the B58 groups about the spool pump and they responded there. Hell another member was feeling like I was attacking them posting your issue.

Maybe try posting in the b58 Enthusiasts group and see if you get a response there.