Several HPDEs in, looking into mild track upgrades

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Just got notification that my mobile installer from Tire Rack is installing my Kuhmo 730s on my Titan-7s now. 😁

ETA: $120, 40 minutes, done in my driveway with my wheel weights. I'm never going to another tire shop again.
That is a steal of a deal for mobile.
I don't even know I can get a local shop to do it that cheap, even if I bring the wheels and tires off the car.
Sponsored

OP
OP
decodeddiesel

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman
That is a steal of a deal for mobile.
I don't even know I can get a local shop to do it that cheap, even if I bring the wheels and tires off the car.
I was shocked at how cheap it was. I left all of the tires, wheels, TPMS sensors, wheel weights, and valve stems organized at the end of my driveway in front of my garage (invisible to the street). He was pretty stoked about how easy it was, but disappointed that he didn't get to actually see my Supra lol.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I was shocked at how cheap it was. I left all of the tires, wheels, TPMS sensors, wheel weights, and valve stems organized at the end of my driveway in front of my garage (invisible to the street). He was pretty stoked about how easy it was, but disappointed that he didn't get to actually see my Supra lol.

The last mobile guy I had come out charged me $240.
Needless to say I started taking my wheels and tires into the tire shop, again.
I really should just get my own mounting machine.

OP
OP
decodeddiesel

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The last mobile guy I had come out charged me $240.
Needless to say I started taking my wheels and tires into the tire shop, again.
I really should just get my own mounting machine.
I was afraid it was going to be something outrageous like that. I have horror stories about the tire shops in my area.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I was afraid it was going to be something outrageous like that. I have horror stories about the tire shops in my area.
I will say that this guy has all the latest equipment and has it calibrated weekly. He also refused to do my carbon fiber wheels until he could order the right adapter for his machine to do them without damage. So, the guy is super responsible, I can trust him with all my stuff.
If I had nice wheels on a car, then I would probably still use him. But, for my track day wheels, I couldn't care any less if anyone scratches one of them.
However, when they do scratch them, I make a big old deal about it to the manager so that I get a discount or my visit is free. 🤣

OP
OP
decodeddiesel

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The last Tire Rack recommended installer I brought the car to had some minimum wage moron literally take an angle grinder to my OEM wheels to stick the wheel weights on. Albeit they were kinda dirty, but still, I was fit to be tied when I realized it.

My wife has a business relationship with the owners wife and we're working through the issue, but it's looking more and more like if I want restitution I'm going to have to take the son of a bitch to small claims court. I've already reported them to Tire Rack and they removed them as a recommended installer.

I chalk it up as a learning experience. If it's not an outback, F150, or some econobox that you don't care about DON'T let these miserable people around here touch it.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
The last Tire Rack recommended installer I brought the car to had some minimum wage moron literally take an angle grinder to my OEM wheels to stick the wheel weights on. Albeit they were kinda dirty, but still, I was fit to be tied when I realized it.

My wife has a business relationship with the owners wife and we're working through the issue, but it's looking more and more like if I want restitution I'm going to have to take the son of a bitch to small claims court. I've already reported them to Tire Rack and they removed them as a recommended installer.

I chalk it up as a learning experience. If it's not an outback, F150, or some econobox that you don't care about DON'T let these miserable people around here touch it.
an angle grinder?? LMAO

I wish TireRack offered mobile service where I live. That said I have a local place that does a pretty good job. I would rather just be lazy though. :)

Discount Tire

Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Car(s)
All Things Toyota
an angle grinder?? LMAO

I wish TireRack offered mobile service where I live. That said I have a local place that does a pretty good job. I would rather just be lazy though. :)
Keep your eyes peeled! Our mobile installation will be headed your way soon!

OP
OP
decodeddiesel

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Keep your eyes peeled! Our mobile installation will be headed your way soon!
When I lived in Denver you guys and Tire Rack were always my go to. Sadly in CT there's nothing like it aside from Town Fair Tire which is is friggin AWFUL.

I was glad to see the merger between Discount Tire and Tire Rack. I hope you keep everything the same!

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
When I lived in Denver you guys and Tire Rack were always my go to. Sadly in CT there's nothing like it aside from Town Fair Tire which is is friggin AWFUL.

I was glad to see the merger between Discount Tire and Tire Rack. I hope you keep everything the same!
This and an alignment at my own garage would be fantastic!!

OP
OP
decodeddiesel

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I noticed my rear diff was weeping a little when I changed my gear oil. I'm thinking the o-ring on the fill plug probably got too hot at some point and is somewhat degraded after several track days and 30k miles. I definitely didn't make it to the recommended service interval.

PXL_20230506_150743393.jpg

Today I'm adding a Verus rear differential cooling "plate", swapping to my square 275-35R18 V730s, checking my alignment, inspecting my suspension, and replacing my air filter with the HKS pannel filter (inbound from Amazon ATM).

PXL_20230520_132458040.jpg

@razorlab First time at Palmer is tomorrow. Where is a good spot to meet up?

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
My local track has showers. Oh, man.... game changer, when you have a 2hr drive home.
Who woulda thought!?! That’s brilliant! The wife and I used to pay extra for a ½ day at the track hotel to clean up, when driving all year round. What a great option to have!!

Mike and I have carport A and B. See location below that I circled in green. It looks like there are two carports left if you want to grab one, if not, you can grab a paved spot next to the carports!

To book carports: https://www.palmermotorsportspark.com/EventDetails.aspx?LID=91&EID=1800

FacilityMap.png

Screenshot 2023-05-20 at 10.50.27 AM.png
Holy crap. Everything you do Bryan is never 1/2 ass. I bet your wife has never had to ask you to make your bed. Fantastic diagram dude 🤩 Man we’re lucky to have you on this forum 🥰

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Holy crap. Everything you do Bryan is never 1/2 ass. I bet your wife has never had to ask you to make your bed. Fantastic diagram dude 🤩 Man we’re lucky to have you on this forum 🥰
Hah, it’s definitely selective! I have an ever growing list of honey-dos…
Sponsored