Share your MY 2021 Deal!

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
I think the market has drastically changed even in the last month. My June purchase was $52K on a $58K MSRP vehicle, I really don't think I could get that deal again today.

Just glancing at Autotrader there are 135 3.0's available right now in the entire country. And some of those are sold (and there are likely some available not posted in Autotrader).

But there is little to no inventory, and if you want certain colors and features you are likely buying out of state.

It will only continue to get worse if Toyota/BMW struggle with the manufacturing/supply chain.
Sponsored

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series
End of June I was able to get a new 2021 3.0 Premium in SD for $56k and taxes.

Car was Nitro Yellow and had all the options available at no cost. Even included Tint and PPF!

For Cali I thought that deal was dope, especially since places in LA wanted 10k markup before charging for options. Culver City Toyota wanted to charge me 75k OTD for a Red one. They laughed at me when I said I found better deals!

Anyway, if you're in Southern Cali and want to pay MSRP without the Markups, check the SD area!
None left in SD

Materia

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
None left in SD
Damn. I guess they were able to push them out before the 2022. I do see some here in LA. The dealerships by my house still have a few but the markups are massive.

I really get surprised when I read people get it for either MSRP or some on here saying they get it for way cheaper.

Culver City was trying to get me to pay close to 80k for one, and looks like they sold two so I don't know who paid that amount. :X

BobbyC1221

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
2021 Red 3.0 Premium
Sticker was $56,500
Paid $52k

no negotiation, manager was an old colleague of my brotherā€™s and they know I donā€™t BS about buying a car

+ wheel/tire protection package. (Extra $8 bucks a month or something like that)

$6K down.
free oil changes for the duration of my ownership.

Financed though Toyota finance. No trade in.

Roman

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR B48
I was shopping for a Supra, I wanted a 2.0, there were a few 3.0's in the area - but only 1 2.0 and it was listed for a little over $45k with 42 miles at a used car dealer

I called them and talked to them and kept shopping around

then a mile from my house a 3.0 black showed up with 6k miles for 55k so I took my lowered 997 on Rotiforms to go test drive that car and dealer told me it was sold and gone

so I called back the dealer with 2.0, did all paperwork, total was $50k (tax and everything), I put a large chunk as a downpayment and havent looked back

the black 3.0 is still listed for sale btw, I get this kind of treatment from all local car dealers, thats why I normally prefer to buy out of state

Omega

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Civic Sir 2000, Honda CRV 2018
2021 Red 3.0 Premium
Sticker was $56,500
Paid $52k

no negotiation, manager was an old colleague of my brotherā€™s and they know I donā€™t BS about buying a car

+ wheel/tire protection package. (Extra $8 bucks a month or something like that)

$6K down.

What a deal. And here i am willing to buy one at msrp. Jesus

mokleen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
2021 Red 3.0 Premium
Sticker was $56,500
Paid $52k

$6K down.

Which dealership?

BobbyC1221

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Which dealership?
the bad one was hendrick Toyota in concord.
had the exact same thing happen in 97 when I got my integra type-r. Dealer wouldnā€™t let me test drive it unless I bought it. So I went to chapel hill. They let me take it home for the weekend. Bought it the next day.

The dealer I bought the Supra from was Leith in Raleigh. Not sure if they have another one. The only other one they had when I went to pick mine up was a white 2.0.

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series
the bad one was hendrick Toyota in concord.
had the exact same thing happen in 97 when I got my integra type-r. Dealer wouldnā€™t let me test drive it unless I bought it. So I went to chapel hill. They let me take it home for the weekend. Bought it the next day.

The dealer I bought the Supra from was Leith in Raleigh. Not sure if they have another one. The only other one they had when I went to pick mine up was a white 2.0.
I had that same test drive BS earlier this spring with a 2021 Honda Civic Type R. Two separate dealers refused to let me test drive one. You canā€™t drive it unless you plan to buy it. I said, so you think Iā€™m just gonna write you a check for $40k without even driving it? What if I donā€™t like it? Theyā€™re excuse was that a potential customer wouldnā€™t want a lot if miles on it. They sat at the dealershipā€™s lots for 3 months.

BobbyC1221

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Yep. I intentionally dress like crap and drove up in my life old CR-Z. Just to see how they treat potential customers.
Walked up in torn up jeans (expensive ones) and a t shirt. Oh and my $90k watch. Got treated like shit until they looked me up on Toyota finance. Then they got their finance manager to come to me. He noticed my watch right away and started asking me I wanted a cup of coffee a snack..etc.

Then they kept pushing me to buy it and asking what the numbers would have to be for me to take it home. I said NOTHING because I donā€™t make financial decisions under pressure. Explained the whole ordeal to the finance manager and I just walked out.

best part, I drove up there when I got mine and said hi.
Yea, I can be petty sometimes. Especially when Iā€™m being treated like shit for no reason aside from looking like Iā€™m not rich. Iā€™m not rich but I donā€™t go looking for stuff I canā€™t get.

I hate that type of sales people. I mean, I can roll up to the Lexus dealership and test drive a LC or a RC-F with no issues. Actually considered buying a RC-F until I drove the Supra. RC is fun but waay too heavy imo.

jreinlie4

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
All of the sudden I no longer feel bad for paying MSRP LOL

ApexMissingApe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra (sold), BMW M550i, G8 GXP
MSRP buyer here, too. Well, technically I got it for $1000 less, but then I paid for tint and an extended warranty.

itā€™s the first time Iā€™ve ever paid MSRP. I canā€™t shake the feeling Iā€™ve been had. But Iā€™m very happy with the car, so allā€™s well.

jreinlie4

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
MSRP buyer here, too. Well, technically I got it for $1000 less, but then I paid for tint and an extended warranty.

itā€™s the first time Iā€™ve ever paid MSRP. I canā€™t shake the feeling Iā€™ve been had. But Iā€™m very happy with the car, so allā€™s well.
Back in January this year the Supraā€™s were selling like crazy in FL, no dealers were budging off of MSRP. Iā€™m sure slower sales in other parts of the country created some opportunities for discounts. I picked mine up the day after they unloaded it from the trailer in the exact color and trim per my request 3 months prior. I was the first and only person to drive it outside of the tech that unloaded and received the car.

Last edited:

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
I was shopping for a Supra, I wanted a 2.0, there were a few 3.0's in the area - but only 1 2.0 and it was listed for a little over $45k with 42 miles at a used car dealer

I called them and talked to them and kept shopping around

then a mile from my house a 3.0 black showed up with 6k miles for 55k so I took my lowered 997 on Rotiforms to go test drive that car and dealer told me it was sold and gone

so I called back the dealer with 2.0, did all paperwork, total was $50k (tax and everything), I put a large chunk as a downpayment and havent looked back

the black 3.0 is still listed for sale btw, I get this kind of treatment from all local car dealers, thats why I normally prefer to buy out of state
Bought Certified Ren Red 2.0 with 845miles. 43k loaded. Sticker was 48. Last month. Slightly used is theee best way to buy now. I have a 7 year warranty. Put large down on it including a 20 BRZ trade that net me 2k more than I paid!!. 7 year loan. 320 per month US$ :) Be paid off in less than 3 years easily. Supra - glad its mine!

Omega

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Civic Sir 2000, Honda CRV 2018
Just bought a 2022 3.0 premium white for $500 below MSRP. I know its not much but it felt like a win to me.
Sponsored