Shipping spacers not being removed?

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Ok, done the other side now and went for drive.

Conclusion:
1. Much more compliant on front end (so much softer less stiff and rigid up front;it was at times bone jarring over potholes)
2. Front brakes work much much better
3. Steering more feel but still early, will need more time to judge. Definitely better with corners :thumbsup:
4. Acceleration is more compliant. You press and it goes (ie it hooks up)
5. My hands/fingers are all cut up from removing them spacers.... :(

Overall very happy and the way the car should have been delivered. Checked rears no spacers....pheew..

Time for beer... :beer:
Dealership owes you some freebies lol
Sponsored

Auronof

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Now that I know what those things are, it's crazy to hear that some dealers are skipping the checklist step to remove them.

I found 4 of those in my trunk when they delivered mine and didn't know what they were until I saw this thread. Now I know, AND I don't need to go see if the dealer left them on.

strohw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 X3M, 2009 987.2, 2021 Supra
I thought I'd mention this since the thread was brought back up. You don't need to take off the wheel nor do you need to peak under the boot to tell if these are on. Just jack up the car so that the tire is just off the ground. From there you can reach in and grab around the middle of the strut and squeeze the boot. You'll either feel the shaft like you should or the plastic spacer.

f22bub

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
20210706_193856.jpg

Of course I also had them in my A91

f22bub

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
Shocking ? to see this.
I've moved on since and sold my supra. The stiffened front end took the joy away from what this car was for 10 months. Wishing all supra owners the best.
I can't believe I drove around Nürburgring with this stuff lol..

Don Alex

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Premium
Of course I found them on mine too... awesome. One question, do I have to get only #1 removed, or also #2. I took the picture from f22bub, thats not mine, I hope thats alright.

20210706_193856.jpg

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Of course I found them on mine too... awesome. One question, do I have to get only #1 removed, or also #2. I took the picture from f22bub, thats not mine, I hope thats alright.

20210706_193856.jpg
Everything in circle #1. The other plastic ring helps keep the shock boot down.

-RJM

Last edited:

Don Alex

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Premium
Everything in circle #1. The other plastic ring help keep the shock boot down.

-RJM
Thank you for your fast reply! Alright, I'll remove the 2 "rings" in the #1, but leave the thing in #2 right there. And one last question, there are no spacers on the back right? I see a big gap to the tire in the front and it looks much flatter in the back. Also, I don't think anyone here on the forum has found any in the back yet, right?

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thank you for your fast reply! Alright, I'll remove the 2 "rings" in the #1, but leave the thing in #2 right there. And one last question, there are no spacers on the back right? I see a big gap to the tire in the front and it looks much flatter in the back. Also, I don't think anyone here on the forum has found any in the back yet, right?
The gaps should be almost identical unless you have a bunch of items in the trunk. No rear shipping spacers that I’ve seen on the Supras. Here is a side shot for comparison.

-RJM

590829AE-4D65-4DDE-9C8B-2540EAC7C736.jpeg

Don Alex

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Premium
Thank you again! You helped me a lot. I was already looking for lowering springs and I was looking into installing them only on the front, because it looks very very unbalanced... So I had an eye on that "mistake" but I never heard of spacers, so I dont even tried to post my problem here. I get them today removed, I hope they haven't damaged anything :rolleyes:

btw great looking color combination! :thumbsup:

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
This squishy thing I am poking in the picture is just the bump stop, right? I wasn't expecting to find it right there next to the cap, but I guess most of the previous pictures that show it are with the car lifted and wheel off so the suspension is fully extended?

Attachments

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This squishy thing I am poking in the picture is just the bump stop, right? I wasn't expecting to find it right there next to the cap, but I guess most of the previous pictures that show it are with the car lifted and wheel off so the suspension is fully extended?
Correct, thats the factory bump stop. You’re good, no spacers.

-RJM

Ivan27

First Name
Constantine
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2018 4Runner Limited
Well finally looked, and there they were. So I drove the Supra on a couple paver stone's and got the floor jack and puck to jack her up. And yep, they were there. So lifted boot up and got a flat head screwdriver to split them and slide peices right out. A lot easier then I thought it would be. I'll be letting Toyota dealer bout this.
Sponsored