Shipping spacers not being removed?

f22bub

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
When I installed my springs I wasn't aware so I left the shipping spacers on and because I went on vacation afterwards, they had been sitting in the car for a bit. Finally got the time to remove them and wanted to share some pics for everyone else to see how you can remove them.

You don't need to get out the whole suspension out again! Just jack up the car, until the front wheels do not touch the ground and you can remove the spacers without even removing the wheels! Took me 5 mins.

You need to pull up the black plastic shoe , then the shipping spacers can be unclipped on one side, by pushing down the right end and pushing up the left end. Then you can slide them out. There are two on each side, someone else marked them one or two pages ago in this thread.

Video on how to unclip them:

20210803_171104.jpg
20210803_171204.jpg

Ivan27

First Name
Constantine
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2018 4Runner Limited
When I installed my springs I wasn't aware so I left the shipping spacers on and because I went on vacation afterwards, they had been sitting in the car for a bit. Finally got the time to remove them and wanted to share some pics for everyone else to see how you can remove them.

You don't need to get out the whole suspension out again! Just jack up the car, until the front wheels do not touch the ground and you can remove the spacers without even removing the wheels! Took me 5 mins.

You need to pull up the black plastic shoe , then the shipping spacers can be unclipped on one side, by pushing down the right end and pushing up the left end. Then you can slide them out. There are two on each side, someone else marked them one or two pages ago in this thread.

Video on how to unclip them:

20210803_171104.jpg
20210803_171204.jpg
Yep, that's how I did it.

TheRock

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
2021 Premium 3.0, just stumbled upon this thread, went out checked my car cuz my dealer sucks. Yep, sure as shit, they were still on there. Dealer didn't remove these, didn't unlock my nav... makes you wonder if they even did the PDI at all? Would I be crazy to ask for my dealer prep fee returned?

IMG_6856.JPG

Ivan27

First Name
Constantine
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2018 4Runner Limited

SoDakMk5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Had my car for awhile now and finally decided to check mine. After 1600 miles yep they are there. Surprising because the dealer I go to even tho they are small they are thorough and know their stuff. Guess I have a project ahead of me in the next couple days

TheRock

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Had my car for awhile now and finally decided to check mine. After 1600 miles yep they are there. Surprising because the dealer I go to even tho they are small they are thorough and know their stuff. Guess I have a project ahead of me in the next couple days
I had to lift my car to get my hand between the wheel and the wheel well, but they were extremely easy to remove.

Tripjammer

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium 3.0
I just checked mine and damn they were there! Gonna try to remove these myself. Damn sucks right?

TheRock

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Mine was Ourisman in Fairfax, VA. They also couldnā€™t activate my navigation unit or perform the safety recalls. They were able to take my money and give me a Supra, so I guess thatā€™s something.