So there's no way to make a 2021 Supra have burbles/pops?

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 3.0 MT
I thought it was extremely obnoxious and did not like it at all.
The '20 is obnoxious too; it was kind of fun for a while to turn the car into an MG42, but it got old pretty quick when you're downshifting in populated areas, at low speed, and the car still sounds like a warzone (sure I could turn off sport mode, but nah :) )
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Errr, if you had made this post before you returned it.... šŸ™„ Downpipe, exhaust...

Also, did you know that this car is like 99% BMW. So, most ECU decisions are coming from Bosch n BMW and cyber security.. Toyota probably had 0 say in it. Bunch of other OEMs now have locked ECUs as well.

ĀÆā \ā _ā (ā ćƒ„ā )ā _ā /ā ĀÆ

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Shit this guy is local to me if really from Vegas, He would've fit right in with the guys that love to turn theirs up for the cool pops and bangs when we have any sort of meet. Mine aren't turned off, but i don't have the pops, mainly the burbles that I like. (when my son drives it he for sure turns those shits up, showing me the its for sure the thing of youngsters)

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
Are you sure both 20 and 21 are 100% stock?

Caveat emptor. Did you not drive test drive the car with a specific eye on the features that would drive you mad if you did not get? And why?

Did you do no research between the 20 and 21? The 2021 has a 6 port exhaust manifold rather than 2. Is it a surprise that changing the flow of the exhaust to improve hp would not impact the exhaust note? Or was this somehow a BMW/Toyota +40hp magic trick?

Careful of conflating issues. All car companies are locking ECUs in order to improve emissions. BMW is not the only one doing this. The locked ECU and the 2 port to 6 port are correlated but no causation.

How exactly is this bait and switch? Again, did you not research or test drive the car?

And good gosh, there's worse things about this car than slightly reduced burbles between the 20 and 21. I mean, have you honked the horn yet? Mess around with the dual zone AC? Try to anything useful with the trunk? etc...

Just drive the damn car.

Emspilot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Are you sure both 20 and 21 are 100% stock?

Caveat emptor. Did you not drive test drive the car with a specific eye on the features that would drive you mad if you did not get? And why?

Did you do no research between the 20 and 21? The 2021 has a 6 port exhaust manifold rather than 2. Is it a surprise that changing the flow of the exhaust to improve hp would not impact the exhaust note? Or was this somehow a BMW/Toyota +40hp magic trick?

Careful of conflating issues. All car companies are locking ECUs in order to improve emissions. BMW is not the only one doing this. The locked ECU and the 2 port to 6 port are correlated but no causation.

How exactly is this bait and switch? Again, did you not research or test drive the car?

And good gosh, there's worse things about this car than slightly reduced burbles between the 20 and 21. I mean, have you honked the horn yet? Mess around with the dual zone AC? Try to anything useful with the trunk? etc...

Just drive the damn car.
Carefulā€¦. Logic is not allowed

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Just wanted to brag that my 2020 pops and burbles unlike a minivan :lol: and have not done the recall flash so it's still flash enabled..

And funny I only run JB4.. which is an icing double birdie, I suppose.

CafeRacerQueen

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ā€˜20 M4 CS, ā€˜24 GR Supra 45th LE
OP should buy a Focus ST and get those mad pops and bangs bruh.
Donā€™t besmirch the ST like that. It was a great new car that predated the pops and burbles. They didnā€™t get the ricey noise until the Focus RS came out.
I had both when they were new. No Corvette, but just as yellow
32487112866_5a53cd2ed6_o.jpeg
FB_IMG_1486306469406.jpeg
2015-02-11 14.12.23.jpeg

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Donā€™t besmirch the ST like that. It was a great new car that predated the pops and burbles. They didnā€™t get the ricey noise until the Focus RS came out.
I had both when they were new. No Corvette, but just as yellow
I was talking more about all the modded ones rolling around with the shotgun blast burbles. There are like 30 of them around were I live. Absolute terrors.

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
My ST was tuned by Stratified and had the pops tune and it was really bad, just a POP POP POP every time you lifted off the throttle, so artificial so loud. I went to JST when I got the "big turbo" and he had a tune that gave some gurgles best I could describe that wasn't bad, but I hated my pop tune from Stratified, I took it off shortly after tuning it.

1707870859260.png

CafeRacerQueen

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ā€˜20 M4 CS, ā€˜24 GR Supra 45th LE
I was talking more about all the modded ones rolling around with the shotgun blast burbles. There are like 30 of them around were I live. Absolute terrors.
yeah they fuckinā€™ ruined what was a highly respectable auto-x god. I loved our RS.

Just too fuckinā€™ stuff and interior too budget cheap to hold onto it after we hit 3.5 years of ownership.

Janice

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'17 BRZ
Great thread!

So much you can do to make it sound the way you want. Personally I donā€™t like the 20s but who cares about opinions. You lost out on an amazing car though. BMW or not, itā€™s the best car under 75k.

And locking the ecu makes sense! 100% sense.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
You sound like you're 18 lol. Whining and crying. You didn't do your research and blame the company. It's your fault you didn't see the changes between 2020 and 2021. Bosch and governments are the reason ecus are locked, not toyota or bmw.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
For all those crying about the car being too loud and obnoxious (with or without aftermarket fuckery), I'm not sure why you aren't driving Teslas. :crazy:
Sponsored