Supra Coding Step By Step

Waferz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra launch edition, 1993 rx7
Do you guys think we can turn off the orange corner lamp in the headlight assembly with coding?
Sponsored

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Do you guys think we can turn off the orange corner lamp in the headlight assembly with coding?
No, the computer just triggers the ballast in the headlights and the ballast outputs to the DRL, corner light, and Low Beams. Second ballast in the headlight just manages the turn signal.

CJ-

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Absolute Zero Supra LE
Has anyone tried the “Alpina Display” option? Does it do anything?

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I was curious about the Alpina Display but chickened out because I didn't want to screw something up and not have it revert back to normal. I believe this is what it looks like.

5ae4c59630b7e9fe66007e59921df32c.png

Reactions: CJ-

CJ-

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Absolute Zero Supra LE
Me too! Maybe someone will dare to do it. Cool looking display.

Kiwi Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
terminatorproducts.co.nz
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2021 GR Yaris, 2022 GR86
Me too! Maybe someone will dare to do it. Cool looking display.
I did 1/2 an hour or so ago & it didn't appear to change anything...

Getting bored only a third of the way through lock down here, twenty days to go :rolleyes:

Suprako

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Lexus GX, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
I've turned off the active sound using OBDlink and it's definitely more "natural" sounding, though a bit tame now in comparison to original sound. In order to do a bit of comparison, I tried to turn the active sound back on by using the backup file in the OBD link to bring it to the pre-sound off scenario. The backup file loaded successfully, but the active sound is still turned off. Does anyone know how to turn it back on when the backup file isn't working?

By the way, I know a lot of people reported better music stereo sound after turning off the active sound, but I am an automotive engineer with extensive testing experience and I can say that the music sound is exactly the same before and after. What is happening is that when the active sound is turned off using coding, all of the stereo tone setup (bass, treble, equalizer) goes back to factory default (zero setting). So it appears to sound different, but the actual quality of the sound is the same. What i found to be most useful is playing with the equalizer instead and the quality improves that way.

OP
OP
CarGuy11

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra Prem/Assist DS Blue, '16 C7, '22 Mach-E
^^^ Interesting the backup file didn't work. I never tried to use it. The active sound plays a constant base (drone) which when turned off makes the sound system sound better. What equalizer settings made it sound the best after coding?

Suprako

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm not near my Supra right now, but basically what they call the "rock" setting with high treble and high bass, but bring the vocals (the middle section) to zero. It's basically the "U" shape profile that I prefer, but everyone has their own favorite way so each person has to play with the different settings. You will hear shockingly better sound because the high's and low's are emphasized but the tinny vocal sound is minimized. This is the same sound profile companies like Beats use for their sound profiling. I will take a picture of my setting in the Supra later and upload it to show you.

Equalizer_itunes.jpg

Last edited:

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Using bimmercode to remove ASD will also reset EQ back to zero and clear preset buttons...EQ will need to be re-adjusted afterwards...

The Active Sound Design feature is only active in Sport Mode and electronically overlays a low freq noise (to simulate engine / exhaust rumble (when in sport mode)) onto the audio signal which muddies / distorts bass response...Once ASD is removed bass is punchier and more distinct while driving in sport mode...

I avoid "canned" i.e. rock, jazz, etc... EQ presets...I always adjust my EQ by ear to take into account environment and hearing along with music preference...

Here are my current EQ settings...

Equalizer settings.jpg

Last edited:

Suprako

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This is the equalizer setting I use. Again, everyone has their own taste but this produces strong high's and low's and create an illusion of a vibrant music similar to the profile being used by the Beats brand of headphones.

equalizer.jpg

Ale81

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350
Has anyone used a different OBD tool other than OBDLink MX+? That one seems to sold out everywhere I look.

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth