Supra facelift discussion thread

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
With how low volume this car is I will be surprised if they do any type of facelift at all.

This car will probably turn into something like the Lexus F products where everyone make comments about the car, but then after its out of production everyone will be looking for one and complaining about "why doesn't anyone make a sports car again?!!"
Sponsored

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
What would a "normal" front bumper look like? Also how long is warranty for the Supra?
See post #37 with the nose removed. 3 yr/36,000 mi basic, 5 yr/60,000 mi powertrain is way shows up on a quick Google search.

OP
OP
supraboi

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
With how low volume this car is I will be surprised if they do any type of facelift at all.

This car will probably turn into something like the Lexus F products where everyone make comments about the car, but then after its out of production everyone will be looking for one and complaining about "why doesn't anyone make a sports car again?!!"
It's no Camry but it has already outsold the previous gen in last then two years time. Low volume cars also gets facelift; case in point the 86.

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 2018 Mazda Miata RF. 2020 Range Rover.
I'd like to see the nose a little more subtle. I actually like the fake vents on the door. The other ones really don't bother me either. More wheel options would be nice. Maybe a dark purple, or a shade of green similar to Porsche's (Adventurine Green)

lemonslush

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 supra premium nitro yellow, xc90, element
Still waiting for that manual. :sleep:
ill bet if they do a manual it will only be on the 2.0 and make it cheaper. That said the z4 doesnt come in a stick and I bet the supra will also not come in a stick cause its a bmw z4 with a different body. Also they sell like 3500 a year. volume isnt high enough to really make any profit let alone invest in development to making more varients. I really want a removable hard like a vet or AWD. both I bet wont happen but heck if they throw the current m2 comp engine in there ill buy a 2022 and trade my 2021 with 120 miles in a heartbeat.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
ill bet if they do a manual it will only be on the 2.0 and make it cheaper. That said the z4 doesnt come in a stick and I bet the supra will also not come in a stick cause its a bmw z4 with a different body. Also they sell like 3500 a year. volume isnt high enough to really make any profit let alone invest in development to making more varients. I really want a removable hard like a vet or AWD. both I bet wont happen but heck if they throw the current m2 comp engine in there ill buy a 2022 and trade my 2021 with 120 miles in a heartbeat.
Indeed. BMW is even moving away from their DCTs and going fully ZF torque-converter transmissions. Now that the ZFs have really become a great transmission, they seem to be focused on both that combination of luxury and performance, which the current transmission provide.

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
What do you guys think about the location of the screen? I recall a number of people complaining about glaring. Do you think they will move it into the dashboard?

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
I hadn’t heard anything about a facelift just a very very slim amount of news in regard to a manual and the GRMN

Reactions: zrk

Davidr3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Don’t think they’ll have a facelift with limited production of the Supra since it’ll be discontinued in 2025. Seems likely they’re focusing on other things like the manual and the m3 engine

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
There is nothing official out now. Only thing out in the wild is a picture of what looks to be a GR Supra interior with a manual transmission. No word on if it's for the B48, B58, or both.

IF there is a GRMN version of the car... I hope you have deep pockets. Because it definitely won't be selling for MSRP unless you get extremely lucky.

With that new lineup of electric vehicles on the way, I think Toyota is moving on to other platforms. I'm more interested in that Lexus Supra+LFA love child looking car.

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
No official news yet. I'm hoping they make a MKV with the more pronounced black bits similar to the CF edition, but not in CF.

splv

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 IS350
Interesting you should ask. I have an inside source at Toyota HQ that mentioned a mid cycle refresh that includes a facelife and possibly wide body. @A70TTR will have to confirm.

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
Don’t think they’ll have a facelift with limited production of the Supra since it’ll be discontinued in 2025. Seems likely they’re focusing on other things like the manual and the m3 engine
this may seem to be a short life cycle for a Toyota product, but its the norm by BMW standards.

E36 1995–2002 = 7 yrs
E85 2002-2008 = 6 yrs
E89 2009–2016 = 7 yrs
G29 2019-2025? = 6 yrs

with that said all these Zs got a LCI... :rolleyes:
Sponsored