Supra Meme thread

Teleguy11

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR, 2017 Highlander Limited Platinum
I say the same. Literally have only had the car for a week and a half and no joke have had "IS THAT A SUPRA?!?!?" yelled at my 4 times already.

I just laugh it off though. The video it originated from is kinda funny
When I get that, I reply with a proud YUP! And then I do a launch control Bye Bye! πŸ‘‹

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
A almost took my A91 to the junkyard when I realized it had no HUD.
See, I turn that shit off. I find it distracting at night and I can't see it anyways during the day due to polarized sunglasses. I also think it's kind of useless without showing RPMs. Nobody thinks that space to the right of the RPM/gear are is used for anything, but that's where all that information goes if you turn the HUD off.

Last edited:

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
See, I turn that shit off. I find it distracting at night and I can't see it anyways during the day due to polarized sunglasses. I also think it's kind of useless with showing RPMs. Nobody thinks that space to the right of the RPM/gear are is used for anything, but that's where all that information goes if you turn the HUD off.
When I first saw the HUD I was like "Oh cool I'll bet this horizontal orange bar fills up to show you RPM!" and was quickly disappointed.

That said, despite it being designed to be almost purposefully useless, I'm still so enamored with the novelty of it that I've ordered new lenses for my sunglasses that are not polarized so I can see it during the day :hmm:

I test drove a Mazda3 recently and was at least happy to find the HUD there wasn't a lot better. It also didn't support showing turn-by-turn when using Carplay which is my other chief complaint. That said, Mazda3 top trim is only like a $33k car...

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
I almost took my A91 to the junkyard when I realized it had no HUD.
I won't miss it at all. I never trained my eyes to use it in the first place, and I was always watching the dust collect on the lens in the sinkhole and thinking, "Damn, that's one more annoying aspect of detailing this car."

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
X_KJsze&tn=7J71OP3QJb9FxR-i&_nc_ht=scontent-hou1-1.jpg

sag-awards-2007-154049826501.jpg
Sponsored