Supra Nurburgring Time?

redspencer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue Supra; Track-tuned IS350 w/ OS Giken TCD
A Nurburgring expert has his doubts on the legitimacy of Honda's lap with the CTR.
Sponsored

PaulFRDE

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red Supra 3.0 2022, Black BMW 116i 2022
A Nurburgring expert has his doubts on the legitimacy of Honda's lap with the CTR.
Well Misha also dislike the supra and says our cars have horrible rear geometry.

I drove only against 2 Type R until now, both well driven and one modified. There are damn fast and more nimble I think, but lack the push of the supra in corner exit. I was also alwys slightly faster

johnnyskids

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
Am I the only one on here that is okay with a Civic being comparably quick on a track to a Supra. For me a pretty fantastic two car garage would be a manual Supra and a current gen Civic Type R (or maybe the Integra Type S). I give major props for the Honda people for building the best FWD vehicle ever made.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Sounds like some of you, need to sell your Supraā€™s and go back to the Honda Civic?
Where are you seeing that?

Never understood the point of a fwd track car?
Having cut my teeth on road racing in an integra type R, I can vouch for how fun they are to drive and how fast they can be.
A good front wheel drive car will embarrass lots of other cars. It doesn't care which end is driving the wheels.
I think the problem is most people have a misconception of how front-wheel drive cars perform. Everyone seems to think they can't power out of corners and won't rotate. Understeer machines. Very far from the truth, though. They are extremely capable and super safe to push to the absolute limits. That makes a lot of drivers very fast.

Am I the only one on here that is okay with a Civic being comparably quick on a track to a Supra?
Absolutely not. For the reasons I listed above.

Kolme

First Name
Kolme
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Sigh. I wish I had bought a Viper ACR when they were cheap. If they ever hit their original MSRP again, Iā€™m all over it lol. (Speaking of Ringā€™ times)

Bigboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 civic FK7 sport, supra 3.0 premium
My dream was to have a 10th gen type R and a supra but they are going used over msrp with 30k miles for $45k. Its not worth it for a used car absolutely ridiculous and most type R owners daily drive it treating like shit. I gave up on the idea and going for my other dream car a new supra. This car superior than the R in power and tech, and its a true drift car. I will say tho 10th gen civics are not to be taken lightly, honda did a fantastic job with that whole generation, which is why i have no plans of getting rid of my sport hatch ever. Theyā€™re new gen of cars are boring and slower, i will never buy another honda again with the way they are headed now.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Also never had any type R pass me on the track. ;)
Exactly my thought. I was kinda joking to myself about it but figured why not confirm it with you. Thereā€™s not as many of them on track. Iā€™ve only encountered about 4. The 1st time I did it wasnā€™t even close. Had to be the driver ofc. I finally saw a new one at Homestead that had a really really good driver. Good lines, looked smooth, untilā€¦ I pushed it. Then he was just dust in the wind. Iā€™m truly convinced the Type-R is just not in the same league as our Supras for this track related topic.

Not saying front wheel drive or Honda sucks. I love all cars! I am saying any of us that drive on a track regularly look at the roster for friends that we ā€runā€ with. If I see all Porsches, Vettes, higher HP cars, in a higher run group -Chin red group for example- I know that will be a very fast run group. Sorry but the Hondas, Mazdas, BRZs, whatever, are just not in that quick glance consideration of a fast run group. If that makes any sense. Sure in the beginners group none of that matters. Because everyone sucks at driving. So itā€™s not the car. Itā€™s all driver. But once you learn how to momentum drive, the car does make a difference.

Bottom line, anyone tracking their cars knows we could have bought a Type-R. This my friend is key. The Type-R is not that car. The Supra is Fast šŸ’Ø as šŸ’© on track. Shockingly so. More and more are buying them for this exact reason. Some spending hundreds of thousands to race them! And wining šŸ in WRL for example. Thatā€™s also key. Checkout the GTO class:

https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.../uidEvent/DCBE2D34-DD0D-567C-55DC161FA738E687

The Hondas start ticking in a class far below. Because if you were to spend lots of money, these are the platforms you start with. The fastest ones that can do repeated fast laps over and over again. A good friend is currently driving the 727 Porsche in WRL. When asking him about the competition (Supra in this case because they are the car to beat): ā€œThey are no joke.ā€ His words, not mine.

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Iā€™m truly convinced the Type-R is just not in the same league as our Supras for this track related topic.
I always suspected as much but just couldn't find much evidence to back it up and (the likely falsified) Nurburgring times seem to put the new Type R ahead. Happy to be corrected.

redspencer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue Supra; Track-tuned IS350 w/ OS Giken TCD

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I always suspected as much but just couldn't find much evidence to back it up and (the likely falsified) Nurburgring times seem to put the new Type R ahead. Happy to be corrected.
Glad you choose the Supra as well. I canā€™t wait till you get yours and track it brother!

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Glad you choose the Supra as well. I canā€™t wait till you get yours and track it brother!
Thanks man! One step at a time.. Right now I'm fighting the good fight with my dealer to make sure they don't put a godawful front plate on my car before its delivered. It looks like this is going to be a long term problem for everyone in Australia.

In any case, hopefully I will have it early June. That'll be what, an 11 month wait. šŸ˜…

Allenyao09

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23' Toyota GR Supra 3.0 MT
Not sure about NĆ¼rburgring times but as Car and Driver tested, 2023 Supra 3.0 MT is 3 seconds faster than FK5 Type R on Virginia Internal Raceway.
Also Type R is on Cup 2 tires while Supra is on stock PSS.
1682364123743.png

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Not sure about NĆ¼rburgring times but as Car and Driver tested, 2023 Supra 3.0 MT is 3 seconds faster than FK5 Type R on Virginia Internal Raceway.
If someone where to have told me these results, I would have believed them. These results are exactly what I'd expect.

swrdply400mrelay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Veloster N, 2024 Stratosphere MT
1682364123743.png

just wanted to clarify, based on the image you posted, the supra is faster than the FL5 CTR (newer) version, not FK8 last gen CTR, and the FL5 is faster around tracks than the previous generation FK8
Sponsored