Switching to Manual from Auto version?

Would you trade in for the manual version?

• Total voters

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
I have an Auto Supra and love it. Do I think the Manual version is better?….not really.

But that won’t stop me from
buying one. Having both versions is a win-win in my book. It will be interesting to see which one gets more miles put on it.

-RJM
Sponsored

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
I have an Auto Supra and love it. Do I think the Manual version is better?….not really.

But that won’t stop me from
buying one. Having both versions is a win-win in my book. It will be interesting to see which one gets more miles put on it.

-RJM
2 supras? You my friend are wild.

I'd take them both, sell them, and buy 1 awesome Porsche :p

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)

Nah I wouldn’t fit in with that snobby bunch. 😆

Plus the P tax makes our mods look like child’s play.

-RJM

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Hard to enjoy something you're not good at. A FBO M6 is a 10 second car with a driver.
no… no it’s not. Here in Vegas at this elevation a FBO E85 A10 is barely breaking low 11’s. Tuned e50 MKV‘s run in the 10’s and walk A10’s by buses.. and you think a manual is that fast lol. You don’t have to take my word for it, head over to M6G and look at the list, ANY manual car in the 10’s there is FI. Fastest manual I see is 11.6 and that’s in mine shaft air. FBO e85 3rd gen only getting about 75whp over stock you’re not dropping from mid to high 12’s to 10’s on 75hp NA

It’s always “driver mod” when I can jump in a different mustang and have zero issues, fact was the trans in my mustang was garbage, as was the majority of 2018’s…

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
no… no it’s not. Here in Vegas at this elevation a FBO E85 A10 is barely breaking low 11’s. Tuned e50 MKV‘s run in the 10’s and walk A10’s by buses.. and you think a manual is that fast lol. You don’t have to take my word for it, head over to M6G and look at the list, ANY manual car in the 10’s there is FI. Fastest manual I see is 11.6 and that’s in mine shaft air. FBO e85 3rd gen only getting about 75whp over stock you’re not dropping from mid to high 12’s to 10’s on 75hp NA

It’s always “driver mod” when I can jump in a different mustang and have zero issues, fact was the trans in my mustang was garbage, as was the majority of 2018’s…

Your DA will certainly play a part. However I'm speaking from what I've personally witnessed vs rando forum posts. That said, after asking around the 10s car I'm referring did have cams so "FBO" is debatable. Another buddy of mine was running consistent 7.2 / 11.2 with an unopened longblock which certainly qualifies but a far cry from 10s. The videos on FB are private otherwise I'd link them here... Point being I see a lot of whining and excuses about the MT82 on the internet, but there are plenty of drivers on track that have figured it out. Which holds more weight..?

GhostLE

First Name
Mansoor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE, G63

Porsche is one of my favorite manufacturers. They’re great! unfortunately right now is not a buyers market.
For example:

•992 base Carrera 15k-30k above MSRP

•992 Carrera GTS 30-60k above MSRP

•992 Carrera turbo S 60k-100k above MSRP

•992 Carrera GT3 80k-120k above MSRP

•992 Carrera GT3 Touring 120k-150k above MSRP

Personally I would go with the following and get it at MSRP:
•Lamborghini
Huracan Tecnica
STO
Aventador
•Mclaren
GT
Artura
720S

SupraNews

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 XSE Hatch, 22 3.0 Prem, Chevy Z06(waiting list)
Porsche is one of my favorite manufacturers. They’re great! unfortunately right now is not a buyers market.
For example:

•992 base Carrera 15k-30k above MSRP

•992 Carrera GTS 30-60k above MSRP

•992 Carrera turbo S 60k-100k above MSRP

•992 Carrera GT3 80k-120k above MSRP

•992 Carrera GT3 Touring 120k-150k above MSRP

Personally I would go with the following and get it at MSRP:
•Lamborghini
Huracan Tecnica
STO
Aventador
•Mclaren
GT
Artura
720S
All the Lambos you mentioned are out of production. I can get you all those for less over sticker. Let me know if I can help. Ferrari models as well. Some deals require 2 car purchases.

GhostLE

First Name
Mansoor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE, G63
All the Lambos you mentioned are out of production. I can get you all those for less over sticker. Let me know if I can help. Ferrari models as well. Some deals require 2 car purchases.
They probably are. Thank you for the correction. I was using them as a reference. That’s actually pretty cool. Are you a broker? I along with my friends are in the market for the following cars. What state are you in? Do you have a list of cars available?

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
If I was stock possibly. Too invested now.

SupraNews

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 XSE Hatch, 22 3.0 Prem, Chevy Z06(waiting list)
They probably are. Thank you for the correction. I was using them as a reference. That’s actually pretty cool. Are you a broker? I along with my friends are in the market for the following cars. What state are you in? Do you have a list of cars available?
PM me.

404nd2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tesla MYP | 2020 Supra
I'll stick with auto. I'd only be interested in another Supra if there were a trim level or an option for factory racing buckets. Like if I were buying a Cayman or 911...918 bucket option checked immediately.

Leaning

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
supra 2022
I came from a 2016 wrx that was manual transmission. Enjoyed that car until engine blew on me.

Ngl sometimes I think about going to the manual supra but I invested in ppf and ceramic coating and I've been making payments on this car since October already.

I miss shifting my own gears sometimes but at the same time I know the auto can shift more smoothly and quickly than I can.

It's just a matter of timing. If the manual supra was there when I was shopping I would've picked that.

If I have one complaint about the auto trans it's that it behaves more conservatively on normal than my preference for everyday driving. Always upshifting earlier than I would've if I was shifting my own gears.

And on sports it's cruising at 3000 when I'd like it lower.

If there was a mode in between normal and the default sports mode that'd be nice. I use normal 95 percent of the time I'm driving and 5 percent for when I feel aggressive. But if a mode in between exists I'd probably be using that.
Sponsored