Auto vs Manual - Which to Buy?

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
When I test drove the Supra (an AT mind you) I found it much quieter and much more isolated than something like a Miata. Not really a bad thing based on what I'm looking for in my next car, but it definitely influenced my decision to go with an auto this time round.
1st thing I did was go catless and get the AWE track exhaust. She went from kitten to lion king. OMG ripping through the gears with the pedal to the metal... Incredible! Definitely not the same in stock form. But to each his own 😉

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
1st thing I did was go catless and get the AWE track exhaust. She went from kitten to lion king. OMG ripping through the gears with the pedal to the metal... Incredible! Definitely not the same in stock form. But to each his own 😉
I just went catless with stock catback and that alone was a HUGE change in sound. Way more than expected - honestly don't want it any louder.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
I just went catless with stock catback and that alone was a HUGE change in sound. Way more than expected - honestly don't want it any louder.
I went high flow catted and that was much more lively in sport mode. Then added in the Titan titanium exhaust, and that really amped up the noise at all times. It provides a very nice resonance in the cabin.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
The class I'm running requires a stock downpipe, so I have to deal with the quiet ass car for now lol
Next year, I should be able to make some changes. I think I still have a high flow cat down pipe laying around. I'll throw that on there and see if I can hear things a bit better.
What's a helmet on, exhaust noise from this car is almost non-existent 🤣

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5

screamer

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX MR, 2016 Scion tC RS10
Not (yet) an owner myself, but I know I'll be kicking myself if I don't find a manual. Well, maybe not kicking myself...but that ocd side of me will definitely be wondering "what if" for the life of the car.

BrodoFratgins

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MKV Supra MT
I took my MT up to the Tail of the Dragon and let my buddy who previously owned a 2020 drive it. He felt like the difference was night and day for how the car felt.

Granted, the 2023 has some suspension changes that the 2020 didn't have (iirc). His opinion was that the MT was the more "twisty friendly" car whereas the AT was better suited for speed.

I've unfortunately not driven an AT to compare, but I feel like you really can't go wrong with either.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
This car would be boring to drive with a quiet exhaust especially if AT. Mine is a 2020 before all the pops and burbles were taken away, so it's quite lively and enjoyable to drive. What I like best about this car besides looks is that she is ready to go fast at any given moment without trying while sounding good.

I suppose the latter year AT's would be as enjoyable (or more) with a louder aftermarket exhaust. I'm a MT guy at heart so have no plan to sell my 4 banger turbo's just yet.. but no plan to get a MT Supra either.
Sponsored