• Total voters

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
FWIW, I bought an A91-MT. So, I obviously also like manual transmissions too. :p And I actually think the one in the Supra is really good and enjoyable to use.

I'm just not as aggressively anti-DCT/auto... mostly, because I know the results speak for themselves. If it's for a track car, and the goal isn't just having fun but also setting good lap times and breaking records, DCTs and the 8HP make a whole lot of sense. I think Jackie Ding has been proving this with his Supra and now the new M2. It's just hard to argue with.

That's not to say it's impossible to set good times with the manual version, but you're definitely going to have to work harder to make it happen. And I don't think any of us knows how much power the manual transmission can actually hold yet, while we know the 8HP can handle a ton of of power with upgrades. Luckily, Clutchmasters just released the FX1000 for our car. Now, we just have to wait and watch other people push the limits to find out how much our transmission can hold. :p
The manual wasnā€™t a thang when I was shopping in 2022. Had it been, I would have gone for that. And Iā€˜m a track nut šŸ”©. So itā€™s not just about having the fastest lap times. Youā€™ve got to have fun in the process. Thatā€™s where I was shocked to find out how much fun this fast shifting 8 speed really is. In town or on track. It was (and still is) a pleasant surprise for sure. Iā€™m thrilled every time I get behind the wheel.

Any of you that made the decision to purchase manual, solid decision! I have no doubts they are incredible to drive. After all, itā€™s still a Supra šŸ˜‰
Sponsored