Did you buy a 23 in Manual or Auto?

Did you buy a 23 in Manual or Auto?

• Total voters
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra MT 3.0
I got into an argument at work where I said most of the sales for 2023 were manuals since everyone was waiting for the option. My coworkers took the opposite view and thought only a tiny margin bought the manual. For the record I got the Manual in Red and I never considered the Auto. No judgements from me I just prefer the manual.
Sponsored

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
Iā€™ve got issues with my left knee, live in a highly populated area with tons of traffic, and when I commute itā€™s an hour each way. So Iā€™m currently waiting on an auto.

I also find the Supra to be very quiet for a sports car. This is something that made the manual in my Golf R less enjoyable than say something like a Miata. So for me at least itā€™s not the right fit. At least thatā€™s what I keep telling myself, because if I drove one Iā€™m sure Iā€™d love it haha.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
At least thatā€™s what I keep telling myself, because if I drove one Iā€™m sure Iā€™d love it haha.
A guy I know, purchased a mint, low mileage 2020 Nocturnal Launch Edition shortly after I scored the A91-MT, and he actually turned down my test drive offer, because, he said (to my face) "I'm afraid to drive it, because I know I'm gonna want it!"

Last edited:

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A91 MT, 04 M3, 05 M3, 00 M5, 00 Z3M, 04 X5 6MT
I only buy manual cars, I have knee issues and live in one of the worst traffic regions in the country (Boston's ranked, go find it).

My commute is 18 miles garage to garage. That can take 20 minutes or 2 hours.

No excuses.

Driving a manual keeps my joints moving. I can't be sitting in a car for almost 4 hours daily without my knees moving, I'd fall out the damn car haha.

And I specifically bought the manual because I wasn't considering the Supra without one.

Cu lat8r

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 supra a91-mt CU later grey, Gc8 and sti
I only buy manual cars, I have knee issues and live in one of the worst traffic regions in the country (Boston's ranked, go find it).

No excuses.

Driving a manual keeps my joints moving. I can't be sitting in a car for almost 4 hours daily without my knees moving, I'd fall out the damn car haha.

And I specifically bought the manual because I wasn't considering the Supra without one.
Facts

Content Cars

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I bought the auto before a manual was ever announced and no regret. While I'm sure the manual is good and fun, it may only be so if you are keeping it relatively close to stock power levels. I can't imagine putting down the power that I'm producing right now with a manual. The auto with an xHP stage 3 trans tune is just āš”. There is no right or wrong in this, it all depends on preference and the build you're going after. This is coming from a longtime manual owner.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Jeez. I've done that for decades during rush hour with everyone fighting over an inch space. Did leave me with thoughts of wish I had AT all those years but rocked MT all my life. Obviously other reason was that until DCTs came in, every AT pretty much sucked. Supra took my AT virginity šŸ˜‚
Now I'm rarely in traffic but have AT. life plays tricks on you.
FRS MT wasn't the greatest but for the power it made + lightweight was a great combo and I do miss it. Well surely left me with wish it had more power lol. Yet to try the 2.5L...2.4L

Would love to try the Supra MT for sure. Anyone?

Last edited:

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.

No excuses.

This. Wait..

I though people who have long commutes in traffic or have knee troubles or having owned multiple other manual cars or aren't young -- I think you've covered all the bullshit euphemisms for "I simply can't drive a manual" -- can no longer drive manual cars?

You must be a superman!

šŸ˜‚

tturboman

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 AT, '16 BMW 435i F36
Would've been happy either way. I was told the waiting list at my local dealership was 10-12 months for MT. This was back in Oct '22. I was then notified a week later that they had a cancellation on an AT in the color and spec I wanted and I could skip the line. I'm not a very patient person I guess.
Sponsored