Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'87 E30, '95 Mk4 Supra, '03 Legacy GT
I spy Supra in the back...

Lexus-LC-F-Spied-1.jpg

Lexus-LC-F-Spied-3.jpg

Lexus-LC-F-Spied-4.jpg
Thats a lot of extra cooling going on there....

TT V8 or go home.

*edit*

Is it me, or are those front fenders widened?

Matador

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'87 E30, '95 Mk4 Supra, '03 Legacy GT
lexus-lc-f-prototype-spy-photo-09-1.jpg

This shot from Autoblog is telling. That stacked exhaust = no doubt it's an LCF. Holy wide diffuser batman. Also, cross drilled rotors.. can't really tell if they are bigger.

My biggest wish for this car, a massive diet. V8 TT a close second.

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
lexus-lc-f-prototype-spy-photo-09-1.jpg

This shot from Autoblog is telling. That stacked exhaust = no doubt it's an LCF. Holy wide diffuser batman. Also, cross drilled rotors.. can't really tell if they are bigger.

My biggest wish for this car, a massive diet. V8 TT a close second.
This will def. be a car I’ll be interested in once the market saturates... I’ll eliminate the stupid floating roof design (who asks for this anyways?) by painting that portion white (since I’ll be getting a white car) and call it a day. All Toyota.. just the way I like it and guess what.. I’ll even put the Supra badges on it and tag Toyota on my gram pics. :)

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
For what it's worth, the Aston DB11 (which seems to me to be the LC's most direct competitor) weighs 4134 lbs (LC is 4280). The DBS Superleggera uses all carbon bodywork, a carbon propshaft, etc and takes off 75kg to get to roughly 3966 lbs, which is an impressive weight savings of 168lbs. Trouble is, even if Lexus did the same things and more, and took off 250lbs, the car would still be 4030 lbs. Unfortunately that's just inherent of a chassis as wide and long (113" WB) as the LC.

The LCF will be a fast, powerful, capable luxury cruiser, but not a "sports car", as in a car that is agile, adaptable to various forms of motor racing, easy to cage and get into lightweight spec, and, perhaps more importantly, accessible. Now, not to say it'll be bad, you can bet your ass I'm gonna buy one if I have the spare cash flow, as it looks freaking amazing. But it's different, and always will be different, from the Supra.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
You know, the more I think about it....the more a LC-F (MKIV Supra successor) makes sense. I mean, it really has all the right things going for it. What I mean is, we all know Lexus doesn't skimp out on their cars....they have a "spare no expense" mentality on almost their entire lineup (obviously class / category taken into consideration). This alone, is and has always been key to a MKIV Supra successor! We all know that the MKV Supra's sole purpose of sharing a platform with BMW was because Toyota knew and truly believed that a $80-$100k Toyota just wouldn't sell. However, take the same approach with Lexus, and things turn for the better quickly. It would have been great to revive the Supra name with a "home-grown" car...but that's just not possible with what the engineers want in a true MKIV Supra successor while keeping it a Toyota. If the LC-F truly will be a MKIV Supra successor with a drive-train capable of being tuned....I will be first in line to place my order. I have no doubts the LC-F will be a great car, I just hope they don't run into the IS-F/RC-F obstacle of heavily limiting the car for the enthusiasts. This is the main reason the M3/M4 is outselling the RC-F 3 to 1. I will be keeping a close eye on the LC-F for sure...

My point is...the LC-F may be the "new Supra" we all want....just without the Supra name.

Reactions: BRX

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You know, the more I think about it....the more a LC-F (MKIV Supra successor) makes sense. I mean, it really has all the right things going for it. What I mean is, we all know Lexus doesn't skimp out on their cars....they have a "spare no expense" mentality on almost their entire lineup (obviously class / category taken into consideration). This alone, is and has always been key to a MKIV Supra successor! We all know that the MKV Supra's sole purpose of sharing a platform with BMW was because Toyota knew and truly believed that a $80-$100k Toyota just wouldn't sell. However, take the same approach with Lexus, and things turn for the better quickly. It would have been great to revive the Supra name with a "home-grown" car...but that's just not possible with what the engineers want in a true MKIV Supra successor while keeping it a Toyota. If the LC-F truly will be a MKIV Supra successor with a drive-train capable of being tuned....I will be first in line to place my order. I have no doubts the LC-F will be a great car, I just hope they don't run into the IS-F/RC-F obstacle of heavily limiting the car for the enthusiasts. This is the main reason the M3/M4 is outselling the RC-F 3 to 1. I will be keeping a close eye on the LC-F for sure...

My point is...the LC-F may be the "new Supra" we all want....just without the Supra name.
I mean, the old Supra was 3500 lbs. This one weighs 4300 ls. If we receive a LCF and it weighs potentially 3900, I doubt it, more like 4000, but still has an awesome engine note and some new technology that it is like a GTR that it doesn't feel heavy will certainly draw eyes. Two things I have to ask though.

Is it going to be a 20k difference? Or a 40k difference?

And two, damn, Performance, you seem to be cross shopping a LOT of cars out here.

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm What AM I driving?

I mean ... it is kinda an SC replacement and the SC is sorta a Supra.....with a different name.

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
You know, the more I think about it....the more a LC-F (SC300 successor) makes sense. I mean, it really has all the right things going for it. What I mean is, we all know Lexus doesn't skimp out on their cars....they have a "spare no expense" mentality on almost their entire lineup (obviously class / category taken into consideration). This alone, is and has always been key to a SC successor! We all know that the MKV Supra's sole purpose of sharing a platform with BMW was because Toyota knew and truly believed that a $80-$100k Toyota just wouldn't sell. However, take the same approach with Lexus, and things turn for the better quickly. It would have been great to revive the Supra name with a "home-grown" car...but that's just not possible with what the engineers want in a true Supra successor while keeping it a Toyota. If the LC-F truly will be a SC300 successor with a drive-train capable of being tuned....I will be first in line to place my order. I have no doubts the LC-F will be a great car, I just hope they don't run into the IS-F/RC-F obstacle of heavily limiting the car for the enthusiasts. This is the main reason the M3/M4 is outselling the RC-F 3 to 1. I will be keeping a close eye on the LC-F for sure...

My point is...the LC-F may be the "SC300" we all want.
fixed it

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
I mean, the old Supra was 3500 lbs. This one weighs 4300 ls. If we receive a LCF and it weighs potentially 3900, I doubt it, more like 4000, but still has an awesome engine note and some new technology that it is like a GTR that it doesn't feel heavy will certainly draw eyes. Two things I have to ask though.

Is it going to be a 20k difference? Or a 40k difference?

And two, damn, Performance, you seem to be cross shopping a LOT of cars out here.
Dude, you have no idea the time I spend comparing cars. I have been in the market for two years now for a high-end sports car...and I just can't seem to pull the trigger yet. After fixing up the house I purchased several years back, I now have some breathing room and $40k to put down on a car, and my companies CU has offered 1.9% on the remainder balance of any car. The GTR is currently top of my list, however, stupid Nissan dealers won't budge on the price and base trim GTR's are still $105k after taxes....forget the Nismo. I'm trying to stay under $100k when all said and done. I started looking into domestics, but after talking with reputable owners and enthusiasts, they truly say "if I could do things all over again, I would have gotten XYZ car." I honestly really like the MKIV Supra's, but I cannot justify spending the money being asked for one nowadays considering more than half of the parts are discontinued....this is HUGE. Alot of my friends with Supra's regret buying their Supra's because they are now feeling the pain of sourcing used (not new) OEM parts when something breaks. I still have my project 2JZX that im working on, and although it is a slow process, when all said and done it should be one hell of a car to drive.

I may end up getting a used GT-R, but gotta see what this LC-F will be going for. Pretty sure it will be out of my price range.