The Lexus LC500 & LC500h, Plus LC-F Talk

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
like I say continually, people love to be negative and bash things, but ultimately there are really cool things happening and folks need to relax a little and enjoy them as they are released.

I get the discussion aspect and excitement that comes with drama, but things are going great and there is so much to look forward to.

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What I wish people would understand is that the mustangs, Camaros and the highest trim being Gt350s and Zl1 are awesome but when you have generations of development to help make the cost to bump power and other aspects cheap in comparison to new cars on new platforms having to do things from the ground up, it's stupid to compare.

I would like the LC500 to be 75k, the RCF to be 50k etc... but for a first time platform, they will be made as is and shouldn't be bitched about as they provide comparative performance from a ground up first attempt.

I guarantee a second gen would be cheaper and/or be a huge bargain over the first gen but until then, we need to enjoy what we have and hope Toyota/Lexus keep going because they can only go up from here from an engineering stand-point. Cause sooner or later, these projects are going to stop and it won't be because of sales.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Performance right now. I don't think this guy will get the perfect car at his budget at this rate.

raw.gif
Exactly....FML!!! If we can't get FAST AS F**K cars for ~$80k in today's day and age, then forget it. I will just reinvest my money into another piece of property and let it appreciate....then buy an exotic car. Lexus, your not Ferrari....stop making Ferrari-like cars that cost twice as much as a Ferrari. Just sayin...

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Exactly....FML!!! If we can't get FAST AS F**K cars for ~$80k in today's day and age, then forget it. I will just reinvest my money into another piece of property and let it appreciate....then buy an exotic car. Lexus, your not Ferrari....stop making Ferrari-like cars that cost twice as much as a Ferrari. Just sayin...
See post above and note that Lexus has to start from somewhere. Though, you gotta admit. What the hell are they throwing in a base 90k vehicle that would make it chase and fight after a Nismo GTR/NSX/ etc...

Matador

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'87 E30, '95 Mk4 Supra, '03 Legacy GT
The LC starts at around $90k..... How is a $150k LC-F surprising?

That's around pretty much what I'd expect it to cost.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The LC starts at around $90k..... How is a $150k LC-F surprising?

That's around pretty much what I'd expect it to cost.
Itā€™s not surprising....who said I was surprised??? Here we go again with people putting words in my mouth. If you read my post carefully and please stop assuming, I said ā€œif we canā€™t get fast as f**k cars for ~$80k in this day and age, then forget it.ā€ This doesnā€™t mean the LCF will be a $80k....it also doesnā€™t necessarily mean it will be $150k. Iā€™m simply saying that today, the domestics are in supercar territory with cars in the $80k range that if (for me) a slower car costing more comes along, I wonā€™t look twice at it regardless of how much luxury it has. Again, thatā€™s just me....someone else may want more luxury and carbon fiber than power. A LCF at $150k would mean I would be looking at new GTRā€™s because (for me) performance outweighs luxury...and considering the GTR might be cheaper than the LCF in price, itā€™s a no brainer for me.

Now, I have a feeling Lexus will introduce a different F car with twin turbos and be in the $70-$80k range (not necessarily a LCF). If that happens, I will be interested in that car.

BRX

First Name
Abdulla
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tundra, Celica, GT86
Now, I have a feeling Lexus will introduce a different F car with twin turbos and be in the $70-$80k range (not necessarily a LCF). If that happens, I will be interested in that car.
This is what you're looking for: https://www.motor1.com/news/258373/lexus-rc-f-gt-spied/

My guess is whatever engine is going into the LC-F will make it's way into this "RC-F GT". Probably what A70 is working on too. :popcorn:

Haha, someday I'll talk more about it, but it's actually two platforms I'm part of and they're sort of related.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Same 5.0 V8????....no forced induction???....thanks but no thanks.
Hey, we're getting most of our actual news here on the forum and from Moto4AG regarding the Supra. I would never pay too much attention to Motor1 unless it came from an executive or engineer working on the project.

AS Guff said, we are here in search of the truth.

Car magazines are in the search of regurgitating the same article to maximize ad-revenue...with pictures.

BRX

First Name
Abdulla
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tundra, Celica, GT86
Same 5.0 V8????....no forced induction???....thanks but no thanks.
Sorry, I was talking about the pictures not whatever that article is saying. The engine I'm talking about is the rumored TT 4.0L V8 going into the LC-F with +600hp.

Last edited:

BRX

First Name
Abdulla
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tundra, Celica, GT86
That's disappointing to say the least. Well hopefully this TT V8 doesn't get the same treatment as the LFA's V10 and finds its way to other (cheaper) platforms.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
That's disappointing to say the least. Well hopefully this TT V8 doesn't get the same treatment as the LFA's V10 and finds its way to other (cheaper) platforms.
I won't speak to the new motors specifically, but the top tier option I'm working on is flagship only and will likely be the same as story as the LFA.

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm What AM I driving?
If Lexus previous F Car was any indication and if the market keeps going the way it does. I think we will only see one Gen of the GSF and the RCF after this face lift. I think Lexus will move on toward Hybrid boosted cars or something else heck at this point a NX F is more possible imho sad but true.

Can only keep my fingers crossed for a new SC if they just took the MKv and made a Lexus out of it. Long shot but it's fun to think about.
Sponsored