Advertisement

The Lexus LC500 & LC500h, Plus LC-F Talk

Discussion in 'General Automotive & Other Vehicle Talk' started by bballr35, Nov 19, 2014.

1. SupraFiend

SupraFiend Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    5 Supras currently
    Liked:
    The future is bleak for driving enthusiasts alright. I hope someone figures out how to make a lightweight, tossable electric sports car. You can get an electric Palatov D2 now, but that thing is 100k+ and hardly mainstream. Really hoping Toyota is actually developing an electric mr2 as the rumors have suggested. I was thinking about how you could do that the other day. If one were to create an sw20 MR2 sized car with the motor and 1 battery pack in the back, it would be awesome if you could have a removable battery pack in the front for road range, but some kind of mechanism so you could drop it out at the track/autox. Street range requires a lot more battery, but tracking we can get away with less. Even better if the 2 battery packs were the same size and could be hot swapped like in an electric impact or drill. I'm ok if Toyota steals my idea, just build it!

KahnBB6 likes this.
  2. Matador

Matador Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    '87 E30, '95 Mk4 Supra, '03 Legacy GT
    Liked:
    Interesting tidbit

KahnBB6, DesmoSD, XtremeMaC and 5 others like this.
  3. A70TTR

A70TTR Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
    Liked:
    Engineering liaison
    #258 Dec 15, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    :)

4L v8 twin turbo paired to Aisin AT
    ~700hp+ shakedown
    ~650hp production
    ~$165k
    ~7:08

Bryster, KahnBB6, marco and 5 others like this.
  4. Matador

Car(s):
    Liked:
    :headbang::headbang::headbang:

A70TTR likes this.
  5. F1 Silver Arrows

F1 Silver Arrows Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
    Liked:
    This will be fire. >:^) LETS GOOOOOOOOO!!! :flame::spaz:

Jabba and A70TTR like this.
  6. Jabba

Jabba Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Joel
    Car(s):
    2017 Subaru WRX
    Liked:
    ~165k damn that's more than I was predicting (140k-150k).

I'm sure it's not the lightest thing, but ~7:08 time is impressive. The engineering behind weight distribution is really impressive now-a-days.

Bryster, KahnBB6 and A70TTR like this.
  7. KahnBB6

KahnBB6 Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    '93 Lexus SC300 5-speed 2JZGTE R154 LSD
    Liked:
    Very excited for the upcoming LC-F 4.0L TT V8! That is going to be one great machine when it launches! A very high price tag was to be expected but $165k is pretty steep.

One other thing to bring up from a bit ago:

Is the next IS generation still slated to be tied up with Mazda and their new I-6 engine family? I hope so rather than the worrying...

The SUV/CUV obsession is just the second worst thing ever (the first being the threat of mass autonomous).

While it will be VERY different I *know* it's possible to make not-boring EVs though. Different of course but they can be very different experiences than numbing non driver oriented interiors with too many distracting screens in barf-inducing CUV/crossover chassis. Simplicity and driver focused could be emphasized for future EV models meant to appeal to those who don't want a crossover full of screens. Battery technology still has a way to go but it will eventually be far less limiting to high performance, recharge times (and less weighty) than what we have available today.

Don't get me wrong-- I prefer to enjoy the best gas powered enthusiast vehicles we're getting right now and over the next few years but eventually after that I find it incomprehensible that Toyota can't see a way to make driver-car EV's in the Toyota and Lexus stables that are meant to be *driven* especially as solid state battery tech improves by 2025 or so.

But I know suggestions like those are not the ones dominating high level discussions at most automakers (Porsche and Ferrari probably being among the few exceptions to current roadmap trends apart from electric drive by itself).

Anyway for now I hope the rumors of a Mazda I-6 powered RWD IS lineup come true (unless Toyota has their own badass engine planned for it!). Especially if it becomes more focused again like the 2001-2005 IS (one can dream...). And the LC-F for all it's exclusive cost will hopefully go right up against Mercedes-Benz AMGs.

Jabba likes this.
  8. F1 Silver Arrows

F1 Silver Arrows Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
    Liked:
    I remembered something and wanted to ask you a question to follow up. You said Aisin AT. Is this an upgraded version of the 10-Speed automatic that's in the LC and the LS or is this a completely different automatic that's also built by Aisin? We can also get this out of the way that it ain't going to be a dual-clutch or a single-clutch transmission.

9. A70TTR

A70TTR Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
    Liked:
    Engineering liaison
    AT can refer to many things.... :D

Bryster and KahnBB6 like this.
  10. Bryster

Bryster Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Bryan
    Car(s):
    Nothing,considering a Civic DX
    Liked:
    Akio Toyoda?

11. Villa Jonny

Villa Jonny Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Lexus [V8] RCF, Camry [V6] SE
    Liked:
    Tech
    Garage Profiles:
    I can't wait!

A70TTR likes this.
  12. Matador

Car(s):
    Liked:

Production car probably wont make dog-boxy noises but......

13. PerformanceSound

PerformanceSound Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 2019 Subaru STI, 1972 FJ40 LandCrusier
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Anticipated cost, $170k...Actual production cost, $400k...lol.

The car looks and sounds amazing! I really really hope this car won’t follow in the footsteps of the LFA.

14. KahnBB6

KahnBB6 Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    '93 Lexus SC300 5-speed 2JZGTE R154 LSD
    Liked:
    If I had $170k to spend on one of these I would fully expect dog-boxy noises! XD That would be one of the coolest key selling points of this model IMO.

I know... Lexus is not going to sell a production halo super coupe with sequential dog box transmission but... seriously... for that amount of money and this level of track performance? Why not? The average Lexus buyer wouldn't be remotely interested or able to buy such a machine anyway.

You know... 650hp+ street legal track car with insanely awesome sounding circuit racing transmission.

And before anyone says it... this is an instance where, no, a traditional manual transmission doesn't even remotely occur to me. Not for this thing. Not for how it's being redesigned to do exactly what it's doing on that racetrack.

Bah... we all know it's getting a production AT (or DCT?) but still... the transmission in that development car just sounds cool and raw.

Maybe Lexus will make a few race prepped track-only examples not eligible to be driven on the street.

15. Bryster

Bryster Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Bryan
    Car(s):
    Nothing,considering a Civic DX
    Liked:
    Is there an M3 GTR hidden in that LCF?