The Lexus LC500 & LC500h, Plus LC-F Talk

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
I don't know why Toyota thinks they get to play by different rules than everyone else. 3 years for a convertible model and 5 years for a performance model to release after the LC500 was released is absurd and should have been released a year and 2 years after respectively. I understand that development doesn't always work on that timeline but RIP to the F brand if this car isn't released.

With tightening emissions this is their time to be aggressive with the THS-R system when everyone else is still figuring out how to make hybrid sports cars.
Sponsored

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
Development on basically everything stopped when Covid-19 hit hard. I've haven't been back to Japan in months (my usual home base) and am only working on stuff I can do remotely.

That's the world we live in right now.

The car was already delayed several times because of changes made to its design, some of which were pretty drastic. As things stood previously, we were already looking at 2023.

Teemc

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Avensis, Lexus IS 300h
Development on basically everything stopped when Covid-19 hit hard. I've haven't been back to Japan in months (my usual home base) and am only working on stuff I can do remotely.

That's the world we live in right now.

The car was already delayed several times because of changes made to its design, some of which were pretty drastic. As things stood previously, we were already looking at 2023.
Do you think there is a possibility that the development of the LC-F will be continued once people don't have to work remotely? Really hope they can use the V8TT :(

Last edited:

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
It's possible, but it's not just that staff cant work on it properly, it's also the lasting sales impact of the pandemic coupled with what was already a ton of money and a strong public focus on trucks/SUVs. Really this year was just another setback to add to the list.

Things aren't looking great atm, but I'll continue to hope we can advance. My other existing project was not cancelled and is still in development though, so there is some good news compared to the latter, and it is arguably more important despite being an out of reach platform.

Last edited:

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
At least the V8TT is still going to finish and be used in some form. Hopefully with a good transmission.

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
https://bestcarweb.jp/news/scoop/190311

In addition, the F model will be on standby for LC and LS next year. This is even more intense, with the newly-developed V8 and 4L twin turbo installed, and because it demonstrates high power of 670ps/66.3kgm, it will be a full-fledged premium sport that will be a direct rival to Benz AMG and BMW M.
20200910_SCOOOOP_LEXUS_D.jpg

Lexus LC F (scheduled to appear in November 2021, image is best car expected CG)

CSUfiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus GS400
^agreed. Cautiously optimistic. Perhaps Lexus did hear some of us fanboys calling out their manhood with their decisions in the past few months:lol:

It makes sense since they had invested too much into it to the point where it was surprising that they just shelved the idea altogether.

also, November 2021? Better late than never

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
^^ This. They had likely put so much development into the LC F by the time they froze work on it that there was only so much work left to approve and spend on anyway.

Probably it can only be produced for a few years after which it would be discontinued anyway once emissions, sound and fuel economy regulations made it difficult to sell in its target markets.

My guess is that despite this, since it was almost ready for production anyway, Akio Toyoda wanted it to be produced after all and made it happen.

If it had not been as far as it was into R&D and testing as it was already then it probably would not have been kept on the new product roster.

Matador

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'87 E30, '95 Mk4 Supra, '03 Legacy GT
Yeah
^^ This. They had likely put so much development into the LC F by the time they froze work on it that there was only so much work left to approve and spend on anyway.

Probably it can only be produced for a few years after which it would be discontinued anyway once emissions, sound and fuel economy regulations made it difficult to sell in its target markets.

My guess is that despite this, since it was almost ready for production anyway, Akio Toyoda wanted it to be produced after all and made it happen.

If it had not been as far as it was into R&D and testing as it was already then it probably would not have been kept on the new product roster.
Well yeah. It was ready to race at the ring earlier this year, couldn't have had that much more work to put into it.

Fingers crossed.

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
Yeah

Well yeah. It was ready to race at the ring earlier this year, couldn't have had that much more work to put into it.

Fingers crossed.
Is there a chance that the price increases because of what it went through?