The MKIV vs MKV Thread

For those with mkiv's, will you be selling yours to get a mkv?

• Total voters

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
I have been in the Supra community for a pretty long time and only maybe experienced arrogance once or twice. If anything, the MKIV owners were always super helpful back in the day troubleshooting problems and helping with swaps. Hell... the two mkiv's I currently own are because of other members giving me leads. There is always going to be jackass people in ANY car forum... just look at this one. Normal owners out number the douchebags 20:1, but we only hear about assholes because they love the sound of their own voice and everyone else could care less. I don't think ANYONE wants this car to fail. Sure, a lot of people are upset that it isn't a pure Toyota and didn't turn out how we wanted, but we all want to see the Supra at the top of the food chain again. I for one hope the car far exceeds everyone's expectations and is a great car. I'm excited to finally see the car without camo and normal paint. I also know for a fact, WE ARE ALL ready to test drive this thing! :drive::spaz:
I believe he is referring to MKIV owner arrogance over owners of other models, not to each other. I had noticed this elitism throughout my ownership of my MKIII
Sponsored

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
I have been in the Supra community for a pretty long time and only maybe experienced arrogance once or twice. If anything, the MKIV owners were always super helpful back in the day troubleshooting problems and helping with swaps. Hell... the two mkiv's I currently own are because of other members giving me leads. There is always going to be jackass people in ANY car forum... just look at this one. Normal owners out number the douchebags 20:1, but we only hear about assholes because they love the sound of their own voice and everyone else could care less. I don't think ANYONE wants this car to fail. Sure, a lot of people are upset that it isn't a pure Toyota and didn't turn out how we wanted, but we all want to see the Supra at the top of the food chain again. I for one hope the car far exceeds everyone's expectations and is a great car. I'm excited to finally see the car without camo and normal paint. I also know for a fact, WE ARE ALL ready to test drive this thing! :drive::spaz:
Thank you for this....very well put.

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
I think everybody is being childish. We know nothing about this car, yet everyone is obsessed with berating others over their opinions. I think it would be best if we all reserved our final judgements until the actual reveal. For all we know Toyota could have a surprise ā€œGTR killerā€.

Australian of The North

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKIV Turbo 6 Speed & 2019 Toyota Supra GR GTS
The title of the thread is "what will MkIV owners do?":

Its filled with condescending posts implying we mkIV owners are stupid for not wanting to throw them out for a MkV.

It very much suggests the majority of MkV fanboys wear rose tinted glasses, desperate to convince themselves of a whole of myths about the A90 are fact. The question was asked with attitude - they got their responses likewise.

They need to stop crying and stop trying to change the subject when they loose by logic. They also need to stop talking sh#t and making up lies about people clubs, scenes and hating on people who are refusing to swallow their BS pill. Its clear they are just trying to avoid the TITLE of the thread, which is seriously hypocritical considering they all fit into a very specific demographic themselves, one which is very thin skinned, insecure, and often trolled for hours of hilarious entertainment.

People are not going to be forced or bullied to like the MkV just because others do. Because the "Zupr4" (as it stands today), simply isnt a match for an JZA80 Supra. The MkV has so many flaws already that it speaks for itself, and no amount of fake hyped up news or angry fanboys attacking MkIV owners is going to change that. Each car has pros and cons , and the A90 has more cons.

I think the MkV is a great car for Today's day and age. But its no A80. It simply does not deserve to inherit the name and linage. It would have been better called a Celica. It would sell better, and command a lot of respect in its design and specs - a suitable progression for that name 25 years on, and threads like this wouldn't exist. Nor would the MOUNTAIN of social media hate that's spewing on the new Zupr4 trash pile right now.

The argument is "what will MkIV owners do?".
- All evidence to date simply shows mkIV owners they should do nothing but hold on to their MkIV's.
- We will know more on release, but 25 years on, chances of getting an A90 that is anything more than marginally better is very slim, and the chances of getting an A90 thats BETTER OVERALL than an A80 is very sadly, near zero.
- In fact there is overwhelming evidence, already stated, to prove the MKiV is a better purchase than a MkV right now.
- Prospective A90 buyers, who are enthusiasts and genuinely buying for performance and the driving experience, should first consider the A80, a classic 911, an R33/34 GTR, Rx7, C6/7, or a myriad of the like from that generation. For the price point there is also vast array of newer superior cars to choose from instead.
- The A90 is now an entry level sports car, better suited to new drivers or those with little driving experience, and or those with no real intent to use its performance abilities --> Its a great car, but its no supra.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Its filled with condescending posts implying we mkIV owners are stupid for not wanting to throw them out for a MkV.
Yes, the title of the thread is ā€œWhat will MKIV Owners Do?ā€ The title is NOT ā€œMKIV Owners are Stupid for Not Wanting to Throw Them Out for a MKV.ā€ My first post cleary stated:

ā€œSo, I was thinking about this the other day....and I donā€™t want to start a flame thread, but when the ā€œspecialā€ MKV Supraā€™s comes out and start terrorizing the streets with all kinds of aftermarket 1000hp goodness...what will MKIV owners do?ā€
I mean, one of the most appealing aspects of the MKIVā€™s was their ability to handle alot of power. So, for those still hanging on to or who just bought a MKIV, what does this mean to you all? Do you all feel like nothing will change, or will the MKIV Supra bubble burst?ā€

Stop being such a little sensitive cry baby, and hopping on here when the grass is no longer greener on your side. I didnā€™t see any MKIV Owners come talking shit when I use to post negative things in the past before knowing more about the MKV??? I thought we were all ā€œSupra fansā€ and respected one anotherā€™s opinions??? Yeah OK, it seems like when the situation is all sunshine dandy for MKIV owners, they kick back and sip from their golden mug....and when there is even a slight hint of a better car coming and the spotlight is on the newer car, they lose their f***ing mind! Quit being a sensitive baby, everyone has their own opinion on this forum. Either learn to respect it, or leave....I learned this a while back and you should too.

Go spend some time on GTR forums and learn from R32/R33/R34 owners how to properly deal with situations when a superior version of a car is released. Embrace, donā€™t hate.

Btw, this is not a response to all MKIV owners, I know there are legit respectful MKIV owners out there.

Last edited:

RyanGT3RS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red 991.2 GT3RS, M and AMG,s

It very much suggests the majority of MkV fanboys wear rose tinted glasses, desperate to convince themselves of a whole of myths about the A90 are fact. The question was asked with attitude - they got their responses likewise.

They need to stop crying and stop trying to change the subject when they loose by logic. They also need to stop talking sh#t and making up lies about people clubs, scenes and hating on people who are refusing to swallow their BS pill. Its clear they are just trying to avoid the TITLE of the thread, which is seriously hypocritical considering they all fit into a very specific demographic themselves, one which is very thin skinned, insecure, and often trolled for hours of hilarious entertainment.

People are not going to be forced or bullied to like the MkV just because others do. Because the "Zupr4" (as it stands today), simply isnt a match for an JZA80 Supra. The MkV has so many flaws already that it speaks for itself, and no amount of fake hyped up news or angry fanboys attacking MkIV owners is going to change that. Each car has pros and cons , and the A90 has more cons.

I think the MkV is a great car for Today's day and age. But its no A80. It simply does not deserve to inherit the name and linage. It would have been better called a Celica. It would sell better, and command a lot of respect in its design and specs - a suitable progression for that name 25 years on, and threads like this wouldn't exist. Nor would the MOUNTAIN of social media hate that's spewing on the new Zupr4 trash pile right now.

The argument is "what will MkIV owners do?".
- All evidence to date simply shows mkIV owners they should do nothing but hold on to their MkIV's.
- We will know more on release, but 25 years on, chances of getting an A90 that is anything more than marginally better is very slim, and the chances of getting an A90 thats BETTER OVERALL than an A80 is very sadly, near zero.
- In fact there is overwhelming evidence, already stated, to prove the MKiV is a better purchase than a MkV right now.
- Prospective A90 buyers, who are enthusiasts and genuinely buying for performance and the driving experience, should first consider the A80, a classic 911, an R33/34 GTR, Rx7, C6/7, or a myriad of the like from that generation. For the price point there is also vast array of newer superior cars to choose from instead.
- The A90 is now an entry level sports car, better suited to new drivers or those with little driving experience, and or those with no real intent to use its performance abilities --> Its a great car, but its no supra.

Give it a rest, not this shit again.

Supra Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supras
Give it a rest, not this shit again.
As long as provoking threads like this exist, people will continue to chime in. The MKV is a new platform that many are still discovering and learning about. For better or for worse, likely the latter, this is only the beginning.

kaneda

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kaneda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dodge Demon, 2018 Civic Type R
An MKIV just sold for $120,000. Why? Cause it's ICONIC and a car every kid dreamed of having back in the day. Look, this new Supra is cute and all, but are people really thinking this car is going to make some sort of splash in the performance car category? How?

On the same day the Supra (made by BMW) is revealed, Ford is going to reveal a 750bhp GT500 for $70,000ish. So tell me again what performance benchmark this new Supra was designed to hit?

The world of performance has been taken WAY up and this new car will be a great balanced sports car, but on the streets it will get absolutely obliterated by cars costing half as much. When I say obliterated, I mean walked on by every kid that works at a mall driving a used 40K hellcat. That's just where we are at now. You can have HUGE power for cheap.

Can we all be honest? Toyota DID NOT want to invest the money in making a new Supra. BMW did all the work and Toyota basically licensed the car as a marketing move to bring the Supra back. How fucking sad is that? What's even sadder is Toyota did all of this R&D to make the LFA, why they heck isn't the new Supra using the engine from that car? It's developed, designed and would be cheap to make in a mass production car.

I just feel like anyone rooting for this new Supra is strange to me. It's a BMW.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
An MKIV just sold for $120,000. Why? Cause it's ICONIC and a car every kid dreamed of having back in the day. Look, this new Supra is cute and all, but are people really thinking this car is going to make some sort of splash in the performance car category? How?
No because the Supra has never been a performance car.
On the same day the Supra (made by BMW) is revealed, Ford is going to reveal a 750bhp GT500 for $70,000ish. So tell me again what performance benchmark this new Supra was designed to hit?
Porsche Cayman

The world of performance has been taken WAY up and this new car will be a great balanced sports car, but on the streets it will get absolutely obliterated by cars costing half as much. When I say obliterated, I mean walked on by every kid that works at a mall driving a used 40K hellcat. That's just where we are at now. You can have HUGE power for cheap.
Not everyone is so fragile to be offended when another car is faster than their's
Can we all be honest? Toyota DID NOT want to invest the money in making a new Supra. BMW did all the work and Toyota basically licensed the car as a marketing move to bring the Supra back. How fucking sad is that?
They should of replicated their 90's sales flop just resurrect the name. Imagine making that pitch to the execs of a publicly traded company
What's even sadder is Toyota did all of this R&D to make the LFA, why they heck isn't the new Supra using the engine from that car? It's developed, designed and would be cheap to make in a mass production car.
Ah yes, the cheaply produced V10. You make it sound so simple for something that has never been done.
I just feel like anyone rooting for this new Supra is strange to me. It's a BMW.
You can be a fan of something even if it isn't the best.
Go Colts!

Rotaryrunner

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda RX 8
Vehicle Showcase
I am tired of the war going on here about a car that is not even revealed.

People think they know everything about the mkv because they have read something or heard a rumour, but in fact they know s*It.

How much of it is BMW how much Toyota? What did Toyota change? The MKV is more of a relaunch of the Supra heritage wich is the 2000GT and it's not all about power.

The one who is shouting POWER POWER AND MORE POWER is an idiot and knows nothing about sporty driving.

The mkV will find his lovers, and if it's not you leave it and respect it as the car it is, a small sports car for driving enthusiast.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mods, please delete this thread once and for all.

I am sorry for trying to start a thread to get legitimate thoughts and opinions, but obviously that cannot happen yet.

Please delete this thread.

Thanks.

Jabba

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Hyundai Veloster N
@kaneda is trolling hard. He's basically posting the same crap on 3 threads already.