The MKIV vs MKV Thread

For those with mkiv's, will you be selling yours to get a mkv?

• Total voters

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
MKIV owners hate everything so I am not surprised
QFT! They spent years bashing the LFA. Saying its bland, overpriced, and 2nd place to the GT-R. Now all of a sudden they have a change of heart saying its the true successor to the MKIV.

Same goes for the RC-F and LC. Overpriced and overweight, slow and loses to the M4 and 6/8 series. But now all of sudden they want a new Supra to be based on either or instead of a Z4 platform. So you guys want a new Supra to be based on cars you spent years talking trash about? :crazy:

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
The irony is that when the R35 first came out they were also crapping all over it as well.
Some of them hate change which is why they can’t accept new cars competing with their 20+ year old cars, (admittedly awesome cars).

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
Tada can't stand the majority of A80 owners. His overall opinion of them was that they were arrogant, but some things have happened now to where he's sick of them.

If you heard some of the insulting things they've said to him in person and via PM, it's disgusting.

(not all are bad, I was an A80 owner once too, but there has been a far more open minded and respectful reaction from A60/A70 folks)

Last edited:

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
People forget that there's more than one generation of supra.

A80 owners aren't as bad in au, I guess because they were far more common.

Still a few knobheads though.

We actually have an A70 owners problem! They're the arrogant ones hahaha

McWicked

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stutz Bearcat
Vehicle Showcase
It's probably for the best that a lot of MKIV owners don't like the A90. Some people think MKIV owners are jerks, everybody knows that BMW drivers are jerks. So if you put an A80 owner behind the wheel of a BMW powered Supra... the arrogance waves alone would rip a hole in the fabric of space itself.

Sadfhorde

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Mitsubishi Evo X MR, 2010 BMW M3, 2020 Mercedes-AMG C63S
It's probably for the best that a lot of MKIV owners don't like the A90. Some people think MKIV owners are jerks, everybody knows that BMW drivers are jerks. So if you put an A80 owner behind the wheel of a BMW powered Supra... the arrogance waves alone would rip a hole in the fabric of space itself.
This is true in my personal experience. I used to be a respectful driver behind the wheel of the STi and Evo, but then when I brought on the M3...things changed....I changed....and it will never be the same.
Sponsored