Throttle hesitation

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra Prem/Assist DS Blue, '16 C7, '22 Mach-E
Since the iStep level is not tied to model year Supra, does this mean that on my 2020 I've gotten the calibration changes to steering, ediff, trans etc that the 2021s & 2022s received?
Sponsored

JP_

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
Since the iStep level is not tied to model year Supra, does this mean that on my 2020 I've gotten the calibration changes to steering, ediff, trans etc that the 2021s & 2022s received?
Interested in this too, particularly for when the 2023 models come out with any tweaks made for them. I'd suspect anything not tied to a physical change _might_ be included. The level isn't the whole story though - different logic may get shipped to each control unit depending on the MY, VIN, or something else, even within the same I-Level.

Anyone have more of an idea?

tjk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium Nitro Yellow
Did my Toyota care service at 10k miles two days ago, but looks like they didn't update anything as my bimmercode stuff is intact.

B54

First Name
Bas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
If you complain. Make sure you explain the issue so they can log beforehand and forward it to Toyota.

We can only make Toyota care by flooding them with complaints or triggering them through media exposure.

Other than external investigation from NHTSA (or locally equivalent) due to cause of injury.

tjk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium Nitro Yellow
Pretty sure this deserves a recall, so yes, need to report it as much as possible

baagel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Challenger Hellcat
For the record, turning off cross traffic safety did not resolve the hesitation, as I experienced a nearly 5 second hesitation recently.

Decimari

First Name
Reshad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Iā€™ve put in a complaint and run into this as well. Car was started a minute before moving, pressed the gas at a turn and the car started to bog down to as low as 400 rpm. Tried the throttle again and it bogged down to 500 rpm. Third time it picked up and started moving. This is a common thing for me in my ā€˜21 3.0

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra RZ, BMW G20 gone:BMW F30, E85, E46
Out of interest, how did you discover the rumour that this resolved the issue for Z4s?
Some owners in the Z4 forum reported similar issues and one shared that his local dealer advised software update was due to address it. So far, I have not heard back from any of them about the update. The supra update for Asia (EU emissions) is also not ready yet.

DangerNut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0, 21 Yukon, 20 Ninja 650, 19 Sierra
Does anyone know if updating the firmware by yourself using the licensed TechStream and ISTA software with a certified Supra diagnostic cable will void the warranty? I canā€™t seem to get my dealer to do a firmware update and have had this issue several times; to the point Iā€™m logging multiple times a day, hot and cold engine, but they canā€™t replicate. I would hope that things like that would be covered under the right-to-repair laws.

IsItASupra?

First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I had the same issue when the car only had 6-7k miles. Canā€™t tell yā€™all how many times I almost got rear ended in ATL traffic bc of the hesitation. Iā€™ve noticed though that since Iā€™ve put on 14k miles (I drive a whole lot) and Iā€™ve been letting the car warm up entirely before I drive, this hesitation has since completely disappeared. I wonder if this is something to do with the car breaking in? Or does it have something to do with the car not being fully warm before a drive.

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Just had this happen to me for only the second time ever. First was at an autox event and I was on the fence if it was the issue or not. I had dumped the throttle avoiding a jump start and the turbo had to respool so I disregarded it thinking it was obvious driver error.

This time it was DEFINITELY hesitation. No need to describe. It was exactly what everyone is talking about. And itā€™s gnarly!!!

Iā€™m currently at iLevel S18T-21-11-530 post recall. If it happens again, looks like Iā€™m going in for an update. Guess itā€™s good I havenā€™t unlocked and tuned yet

Z4UPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
When does this hesitation starts happening? Specific mileage, weather conditions, etc.?
Sponsored