Toyota confirms Supra revival concept for 2016 reveal

Status
Not open for further replies.

jm6k

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cars
I sent this video into Jalopnik and a few others back in August. They all said I was wrong and it was an 86 under the cover. Who knows, maybe it is an 86 under there. To be fair, when I did a comparison overlay it did fit. But CALTY is not working on an 86. Whatever is under the cover for the purposes of the video doesn't matter. The fact is that they're telling us there's going to be an unveiling in 2017.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
I sent this video into Jalopnik and a few others back in August. They all said I was wrong and it was an 86 under the cover. Who knows, maybe it is an 86 under there. To be fair, when I did a comparison overlay it did fit. But CALTY is not working on an 86. Whatever is under the cover for the purposes of the video doesn't matter. The fact is that they're telling us there's going to be an unveiling in 2017.
Automakers. Are. Trolling. You. Hype sells.

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think at this point it's all about connecting the dots with Toyota. They are releasing small hints/clues here and there. Somewhat like the LC500.

The new refresh of the 86 was just revealed a few months ago and is just now getting to the stealerships. The next gen will be another 2-3 yrs away. This is the FT-1 production car - at least that's what my gut tells me.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
So you think that the comment alluding to a 2017 reveal of some CALTY project is false?
I never said that. I only take info that I don't have to make assumptions about. Many of these posters on this forum make correlations and assumptions out of everything possible, it's like they're the paparazzi :s They covered up a car that eerily looks like the GT86 to build hype around the video and their future projects but people jump to conclusions that it is actually the new Supra underneath that..

Villa Jonny

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus [V8] RCF, Camry [V6] SE
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, everyone in this thread is assuming stuff. Including you, HKz. So why all the saltiness? the car isn't out and the hype is big. It's the norm for people to overreact over highly anticipated cars like the "supra".

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
I think at this point it's all about connecting the dots with Toyota. They are releasing small hints/clues here and there. Somewhat like the LC500.

The new refresh of the 86 was just revealed a few months ago and is just now getting to the stealerships. The next gen will be another 2-3 yrs away. This is the FT-1 production car - at least that's what my gut tells me.
it could be another concept. i recall reading an interview awhile back where it said we will see an official Supra concept.

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^ yeah I remember seeing that as well but rumor was that the concept was to be unveiled this year. Maybe it was just a rumor or something changed to where they decided to wait it out a few more months just to show the production. If it's a concept car next year then yeah we are in for a longer wait.

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
LA is coming up shortly. than Detroit is only a week after this yr. either way im really excited to see something new.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
Honestly, everyone in this thread is assuming stuff. Including you, HKz. So why all the saltiness? the car isn't out and the hype is big. It's the norm for people to overreact over highly anticipated cars like the "supra".
lol hype =/= assumptions..I'm totally fine with the hype, I own a FRS lol so bring it on..but just like how that car was revealed over the years, there was concrete evidence and there was also a lot of bullshit... I don't try to make a correlation or assumption out of everything written on the internet

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
lol hype =/= assumptions..I'm totally fine with the hype, I own a FRS lol so bring it on..but just like how that car was revealed over the years, there was concrete evidence and there was also a lot of bullshit... I don't try to make a correlation or assumption out of everything written on the internet
This forum is almost 100% chatter and speculation about what little tidbits of info is out there. That's pretty much the whole point. Obviously nobody knows everything about the car, but we like to talk about it, trade opinions, likes, dislikes. No need to be an internet cool guy and call people out.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
This forum is almost 100% chatter and speculation about what little tidbits of info is out there. That's pretty much the whole point. Obviously nobody knows everything about the car, but we like to talk about it, trade opinions, likes, dislikes. No need to be an internet cool guy and call people out.
cool guy on the intrawebz, seems like a bit of an oxymoron xD again that is all fine and dandy, but as I mentioned "opinions" and debates are different than when posters take a particular article and use an almost religious-like interpretation to discuss it...it is almost worse than reading about complaints regarding aesthetics. I am even 100% happy to see posters creating threads and posts to "beg" automakers to consider their requests even though for many they consider such comments as a bit spam-ish. That is all for hype...but interpreting articles and making some big assumptions left and right with each post instead of properly debating is a headache to reply to.

lol it mainly comes from two posters really, so on this small forum I guess I'm in tough luck, YT threads are a bit better than much of what has been written here

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
so are we seeing this thing tomorrow or are we playing the waiting game once again? It's only been 3 years :rant:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.