Toyota GR Supra Racing Concept Officially Revealed!

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Still not that excited...*yet*
Wait...is this "THE" Stu Hagen? If so, didn't know you had an R35 as well...awesome! :thumbsup:

Not to steer this thread in a different direction, but I will soon be in the market for an R35 GTR....any advice?

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
You got anymore facts about the 1JZ/2JZ being developed before an RB?....or anymore 10sec friends?...please do tell.
I never said the JZ was developed before the RB; I said it came out a year later. your reading comprehension is awful, though it matches your retorts so at least you're consistent.

Stuhagen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SupraMKiV-R35GTR
Nice to see you here Stu!
Ha..long story short....A good auto enthusiast, (non supra) sent me a link to the video you did this morning. Love it BTW, and so that is when I discovered this forum and signed up. (Message me or tell me who you are)

And yes, "PerformanceSound"..it is me in the flesh.....

www.97supraturbo.com

PS: FWIW for $500 you can go to any Toyota dealer and sign a pro-forma to be on the list for when or if this comes in as a Toyota which they have to sell it at MSRP. The $500 is refundable at any point and automatically refundable if it ends up not being badged as a "Toyota".

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Ha..long story short....A good auto enthusiast, (non supra) sent me a link to the video you did this morning. Love it BTW, and so that is when I discovered this forum and signed up. (Message me or tell me who you are)

www.97supraturbo.com

PS: FWIW for $500 you can go to any Toyota dealer and sign a pro-forma to be on the list for when or if this comes in as a Toyota which they have to sell it at MSRP. The $500 is refundable at any point and automatically refundable if it ends up not being badged as a "Toyota".
Haha that's awesome! Glad to see that video is making the rounds! I'm nobody special, we've chatted a few times over the years, but I'm just another Supra guy from the internet :D. I'm sure we'll meet at a Supra meet one of these days and I'll properly introduce myself.

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF

www.97supraturbo.com

Thanks, some of us have already put down a refundable deposit :)

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
I never said the JZ was developed before the RB; I said it came out a year later. your reading comprehension is awful, though it matches your retorts so at least you're consistent.
Your right, too much coding has caused poor reading comprehension for me. :confused1:

Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISSAN Silvia S15 Spec-R
What i have concluded from all this process since the end of production of the JZA80 until today, is that "anticipation was much higher than the actual interest.
Rumors and myths, intentional or not, used a whole movement, a whole generation to wait the new Supra as the "Holy Grail" of the JDM new era. Especially after the NISSAN GT-R's success and resurrection as a supercar killer, relatively affordable, and based on the previous Skyline GT-R's philosophy, many believed the Supra would follow a similar path.
Something that until the last minute was living inside each one of us ....
But that, was not the case.
Reality has proven most wrong and buried every last hope of those who would hope that the new Supra would be a super GT with the status, and performance it deserved.
All these, are not words to impress or to
Automotive world has change. Especially for sportscars. But people have adjusted. We have no choice after all.
But within these new limits, the Supra could have been something else.
Purely Toyota/LEXUS/Gazoo derived. Something to deserve the Supra name status and the heavy mark that left in the JDM golden ages.
Facts talk.... Before the latest series of spyshots and the official release of the GR Supra Racing Concept, there were about 3 times more posts than after the official release.
Which proves that "anticipation was much higher than the actual interest...