Vehicle Showcase

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sure that electric engine is just to move the demo car around....like the FT-1 had when they would take it to cars and coffee, etc... No?
I believe you are correct. However, I guess this does give us a first look at some of the structure of the chassis. I'm sure it's fairly modified, but the reinforced shock towers and big trans tunnel are interesting. Also, we can see clearly that it's a clamshell design.

24-Heures-du-Mans-2018-Toyota-TheAutomobilist-15.jpg

mrarm

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I believe you are correct. However, I guess this does give us a first look at some of the structure of the chassis. I'm sure it's fairly modified, but the reinforced shock towers and big trans tunnel are interesting. Also, we can see clearly that it's a clamshell design.

Pretty sure that electric engine is just to move the demo car around....like the FT-1 had when they would take it to cars and coffee, etc... No?
Yes, you're right.

We clearly see the push button to move the vehicle in the engine compartment.
The batteries are too small and should be placed at the back for a good distribution of the mass.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
I believe you are correct. However, I guess this does give us a first look at some of the structure of the chassis. I'm sure it's fairly modified, but the reinforced shock towers and big trans tunnel are interesting. Also, we can see clearly that it's a clamshell design.]
Guff, that's a clamshell design? I mean, correct me if im wrong, but a clamshell opens with front hinges to support no?. This looks like a conventional hood with the shocks and hinges towards the firewall.

I am, however, interested in that firewall structure. Anyone else notice the beefy reinforced arch support :hmm:

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Guff, that's a clamshell design? I mean, correct me if im wrong, but a clamshell opens with front hinges to support no?. This looks like a conventional hood with the shocks and hinges towards the firewall.

I am, however, interested in that firewall structure. Anyone else notice the beefy reinforced arch support :hmm:
I meant clamshell in the sense that the hood and fenders are one piece and the wheel well/liner is exposed when the hood is open. This style of hood is nice because you can't scratch up the fenders when you're fixing your VANOS :p

Previous Gen Z4 for example:

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
This style of hood is nice because you can't scratch up the fenders when you're fixing your VANOS :p
Please don’t joke about that...please. The thought of having BMW “problems” with a Supra makes me nauseous.

greaseman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rx7 FC

Are we really this starved for new content?

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
you can also see the top strut tower bolts - it's macpherson strut as confirmed by the Z4

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
I mean, take for example the Corvette right? Everyone anticipates various models of Corvettes after the base launch (i.e., Z06, ZR1, etc..) because there is a HUGE market for base Corvettes that GM doesn't need to worry about sales of the base cars initially. The Supra is different, in that most (if not all) buyers who can afford to spend $60k+ on a base car will surely be scoping the top tier car, not a base car. Me personally, I could care less for a "base" or "entry level" Supra. Defeats the whole "appeal" of the car. Ask yourself this....if a MKIV Supra was still in production, would you go for the base non-turbo, or 6spd TT? It's why everyone wants a 6spd TT to this day.
The Corvette sells in huge numbers and irrelevant IMO. According to Autonews the Supra will a low production niche product; think Porsche or BMW M. Do you have facts or hard numbers about potential Supra buyers? Or are you just making up numbers and assumptions? So your argument is basically most (if not all) Porsche buyers skip the base Cayman and 911 and instead opt-out for the higher grade model? We're going down the same rabbit time and time again. Toyota isn't catering this car to just your needs. There will be plenty of people interested in a base model Supra. Just be happy that the US isn't getting the crappy 4 cylinder version. Since you brought up the NA Supra, in Japan the GE out sold the GTE models. I'm assuming other markets (beside US) are more or less roughly the same. If the MKIV Supra were still in production today I would buy a C7. :p

Edit: On a side note, can anyone find a break down of Cayman and 911 sales? I looked and all I can find is the total or general sale number.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
Yup, to my knowledge most drive able concept cars these days use electric motors to move short distances.
Sponsored