Toyota "Preparing" Hotter Supra GRMN, Says Chief Engineer

SupraNews

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 XSE Hatch, 22 3.0 Prem, Chevy Z06(waiting list)
the new GT4 Rs will be amazing I bet the list is long for the allotments.

My friend paid right at 6 figures for his gently used 2016 gt4. It is not as fast as my modded Supra. But it is typical Pcar perfection and hearing that engine scream behind your head is intoxicating. His is manual and really really good on the track and of course a joy to run around town.

I have a friend selling his low hour GT3 but in this time it is priced above what I am willing to pay.

whether the GRMN is real or not in a year or so I seriously thinking about a caged M2 CSR, but it is not road legal or some Porsche- cayman gt4 or gt3. Just depends on funds....
If you want one I can get allocations and off market for anything let me know. There is some hoops to jump through though.
Sponsored

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
If you want one I can get allocations and off market for anything let me know. There is some hoops to jump through though.
have a deposit on GRMN since last year. Maybe it will come maybe not

looking at other platforms possibly for 2023.

SupraNews

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 XSE Hatch, 22 3.0 Prem, Chevy Z06(waiting list)
have a deposit on GRMN since last year. Maybe it will come maybe not

looking at other platforms possibly for 2023.
There will be a final edition but even I don't know any details yet.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Didn’t spyder7 also post up that god awful render of it?

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
These low volume cars do nothing for me. I tried my hardest to get an allocation for the new Vantage and this is going to be more of the same shit.

Even if you have a "deposit", if your dealership gets 0 allocations then you're out of luck. Even if they get 1 or 2 allocations your deposit means jack shit.

If the GRMN ever comes to fruition, the most action 90% of these cars will ever see is a ride to cars and coffee.

If you can't tell, I'm pretty salty at the moment.

Last edited:

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
These low volume cars do nothing for me. I tried my hardest to get an allocation for the new Vantage and this is going to be more of the same shit.

Even if you have a "deposit", if your dealership gets 0 allocations then you're out of luck. Even if they get 1 or 2 allocations your deposit means jack shit.

If the GRMN ever comes to fruition, the most action 90% of these cars will ever see is a ride to cars and coffee.

Exactly - Toyota literal sells a race car version of this car and how many on the forum own one of them?

Kiske

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1988 FC3S, 2015 Evo X FE, 2018 tS, 2021 A90 3.0

Exactly - Toyota literal sells a race car version of this car and how many on the forum own one of them?
This is also how I got the Supra... had an allocation for a GT3 and was passed up. I'm pretty sure they marked the car up double and went with someone else who would pay it. They offered a 911T or a 781 GT4. Whole experience pissed me off and still salty. Happily went to Toyota afterwards.

As for the GT4. A track only car isn't very usable to me these days. I've got a BRZ that I went that route already in the garage I'm thinking of selling.

A GRMN that can be dual purposed is not really the same market as the Supra GT4

STSGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
This is also how I got the Supra... had an allocation for a GT3 and was passed up. I'm pretty sure they marked the car up double and went with someone else who would pay it. They offered a 911T or a 781 GT4. Whole experience pissed me off and still salty. Happily went to Toyota afterwards.

As for the GT4. A track only car isn't very usable to me these days. I've got a BRZ that I went that route already in the garage I'm thinking of selling.

A GRMN that can be dual purposed is not really the same market as the Supra GT4
Were they offering the 718 GT4 at MSRP or were they also going to charge ADM on that? Just out of curiosity, other than the experience (and obviously cost), is there a reason you went Supra over the 718 GT4? That imo is a perfect dual purpose car. I'd pick one up if i could find one in my spec without ADM or even used reasonably priced, but i've pretty much accepted thats not going to happen in the current market 😖.
Sponsored