• Total voters

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Any more MKV content coming to the channel?
Yeah, just working on some other cars first! Filmed a video of me installing a trunk button though. That one is definitely interesting, not sure if I'll make it an independent video though!
Sponsored

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium (mine), 2018 CX-5 GT (wife's)
Yeah, just working on some other cars first! Filmed a video of me installing a trunk button though. That one is definitely interesting, not sure if I'll make it an independent video though!
Sweet! I watch your other videos too. And trunk button for the MKV?! Sign me up lol

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
With SEMA being canned and all does anyone know when the debut will be?

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
https://pressroom.toyota.com/toyota-reveals-additional-sema-builds-based-on-supra-and-tacoma/

PLANO, Texas (December 21, 2020) – Toyota’s second wave of custom SEMA vehicles break cover today, just in time for the holidays. The 2021 GR Supra Sport Top and overlanding-ready TRD-Sport Trailer ensure that Toyota’s on- and off-road performance and adventure concepts continue to inspire Toyota fans and the automotive aftermarket.

This year Toyota‘s two-wave release plans mean that SEMA lives on long after the show. The company previously unveiled four builds in its wave one SEMA360 Showcase presentation, held Nov. 2, 2020. SEMA360 is the Specialty Equipment Market Association’s (SEMA) online program connecting the automotive aftermarket industry in a year that makes the traditional SEMA Show impossible.

“Our wave one reveals whet Toyota fans’ appetite with four creations – a bold, hand-painted GR Supra, two GR Supra drift cars, and an outrageous overlanding-ready Tacoma pickup,” said Ed Laukes, group vice president – Toyota Division Marketing. “But we saved the best for last, and today we’re proud to show off our latest creations, the 2021 GR Supra Sport Top and the TRD-Sport Trailer, among some additional content as well.”

The new 2021 GR Supra Sport Top concept is a perfect follow up to the wildly popular 2020 GR Supra Heritage Edition that debuted at Toyota’s 2019 SEMA Show display, exciting Supra fans worldwide with its custom visual and performance upgrades paying homage to the iconic MKIV Supra from the late ‘90s. And Toyota’s TRD-Sport Trailer answers the backroads adventure calling and the growing popularity of overlanding getaways in a year where socializing with family and friends is a challenge.

Highlights from Toyota’s second wave of SEMA360 Showcase creations include:

2021 GR Supra Sport Top

Inspired by the overwhelming response to the GR Supra Heritage Edition that debuted last year, Toyota set out to dream up a fitting companion. Conceptualizing an open-air tribute to removable-top Supra models of the past, the team put much thought into the unprecedented task of removing the roof and a significant part of the GR Supra’s structure. The crew ensured structural rigidity by reinforcing large sections of the vehicle’s frame. The now iconic removeable roof includes two composite panels that can be stored in the car’s trunk. Unlike a “T-Top” car, there is no center bar down the middle, just open air as far as the eye can see. As a sibling to the GR Supra Heritage Edition, the Sport Top delivers similar styling cues like the MKIV-inspired basket handle wing and round taillights. At the same time, it has a striking profile all its own that includes a sexy black piano-finish canopy over the top.
toyota-sema-2020-new-cars-12.jpg

toyota-sema-2020-new-cars-14.jpg

toyota-sema-2020-new-cars-15.jpg

toyota-sema-2020-new-cars-6.jpg

toyota-sema-2020-new-cars-8.jpg

toyota-sema-2020-new-cars-7.jpg

toyota-sema-2020-new-cars-9.jpg

toyota-sema-2020-new-cars-11.jpg

toyota-sema-2020-new-cars-10.jpg

toyota-sema-2020-new-cars-4.jpg

toyota-sema-2020-new-cars-1.jpg

toyota-sema-2020-new-cars-3.jpg

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
I wonder where do you store the targa? :hmm:

IMC

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AP2
I like the black roof (although the rear paint transition line is a bit unnatural)

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
I think the Z proto pulls of the black roof look better. IMO, they should have just kept it white. :dunno:
Sponsored