First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixelatedgamer.com
Car(s)
2021 Supra MKV 3.0, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Eager to see how this plays out. A good trans tune can make a considerable difference! The stock one is pretty freak'n impressive for OEM, but there is always room for faster, firmer shifts ;b
Sponsored

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
As discussed in other threads... the most important part of this is that it has STAGES!!! :D

Seriously though, if only they could do this for Toyota transmissions... no price would be too high for that IMO. Even stock the ZF8 is coded 1,000% better than anything they've done with their own transmissions. Basically ever since they moved to 6 & 8 speed models they've all been disasters.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
the most important part of this is that it has STAGES!!!
I think this makes sense.

You always add power to your car in stages, so the trans should be in stages just like tires and window tint. I have Stage 1 window tint (sides, and rear, no windshield, all legal). I've been considering upgrading to Stage 2 tint (add windshield, but keep them all legal), or maybe stage 2 are where I jerk the wheel into a goddamn bridge embankment!

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450

You always add power to your car in stages, so the trans should be in stages just like tires and window tint. I have Stage 1 window tint (sides, and rear, no windshield, all legal). I've been considering upgrading to Stage 2 tint (add windshield, but keep them all legal), or maybe stage 2 are where I jerk the wheel into a goddamn bridge embankment!

WIMP! I went stage 4 Tint right away. soooo fast now

OP
OP
Supra_Cop

Supra_Cop

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra

Attachments

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
You always add power to your car in stages, so the trans should be in stages just like tires and window tint. I have Stage 1 window tint. I've been considering upgrading to Stage 2 tint
I too have Stage 4 window tint, i also had my tires custom tuned. I get tunnel vision flooring it.

somekindafuzz

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Is my sense of time warped? If I’m stomping on it and upshift, it’s instantaneous and completely smooth.. A downshift is as well, accompanied by a gunshot from the ass end. Is this mainly for those who drive in auto? I can’t stand auto, so I’m in manual 99% of the time, highway traffic excluded.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Lots of people seem unaware on how important this is. https://rbttuning.atlassian.net/wik...-+Custom+Options#Shiftmap-Editor:-Setup-hints

If you don't drag race, maybe not that important to you.. but high quality shift maps and launch/two-step is real important at the line.
I dont "drag race" so this may not help me. Is this where the term "drag queen" comes from? I would say I'm not a fan of going straight but I don't think that's very fitting right now haha. 2 step, nah I don't dance either.

Edit - to all the sensitive people, yes that was a joke.

Last edited:

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Awesome. This will make practically no difference for how I use the car in most cases, but I'm looking forward to getting it done for track use none the less.

Reactions: zrk

Patina

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Nitro Yellow
As discussed in other threads... the most important part of this is that it has STAGES!!! :D

Seriously though, if only they could do this for Toyota transmissions... no price would be too high for that IMO. Even stock the ZF8 is coded 1,000% better than anything they've done with their own transmissions. Basically ever since they moved to 6 & 8 speed models they've all been disasters.

I too have Stage 4 window tint, i also had my tires custom tuned. I get tunnel vision flooring it.
Oh god, it's happening again...