U.S. Supra Ordering: Pricing and Availability Details! Have You Ordered?

BRZer86

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Jaguar XJL Portfolio
I spoke with a dealer yesterday and confirmed with the General Sales Manager and Sales Manager that they are not going to mark-up above MSRP. I am the 5th person on their list, but they wouldn’t take a deposit until mid-May, which is when Toyota begins taking orders.

After what I saw when the FR-S and BRZ debuted in May 2012, I am very surprised that not all dealerships are slapping ridiculously high “market adjustments”.

Just a heads up 2 out of 10 Toyota dealerships I’ve spoken to in the Dallas-Fort Worth area are the only ones holding off marking up above MSRP.
Sponsored

RotaryShinka

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FD RX7 and RX8
I spoke with a dealer yesterday and confirmed with the General Sales Manager and Sales Manager that they are not going to mark-up above MSRP. I am the 5th person on their list, but they wouldn’t take a deposit until mid-May, which is when Toyota begins taking orders.

After what I saw when the FR-S and BRZ debuted in May 2012, I am very surprised that not all dealerships are slapping ridiculously high “market adjustments”.

Just a heads up 2 out of 10 Toyota dealerships I’ve spoken to in the Dallas-Fort Worth area are the only ones holding off marking up above MSRP.
Which dealers?

Supra60

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Prius Prime, Toyota Rav4
I was just told by my dealer that the date for Supra deliveries has been pushed back about a month to July.
What state are you located in? I am still being told end of May. I wonder if these dealers really have any idea.

084runnerltd

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
08 4Runner / 99’ Lexus LX470 / Deposit 2020 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
What state are you located in? I am still being told end of May. I wonder if these dealers really have any idea.
Not sure if this helps or just adds more confusion, but my dealer said that the orders are being taken by “region.” I am not sure how big a “region” is, but sounds like it is likely that different areas of the country will be receiving their vehicles at different times....

Supra60

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not sure if this helps or just adds more confusion, but my dealer said that the orders are being taken by “region.” I am not sure how big a “region” is, but sounds like it is likely that different areas of the country will be receiving their vehicles at different times....
Well that certainly sounds reasonable. Now I wonder what region or state Kona61 is from. I am in upstate NY.

Supra60

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Says in my profile, Southern California.
Sorry Kona, I didn't realize I could look at that by clicking on it. Learn something new everyday! I guess we will all know for sure when the cars show up at the dealer and we get the call to come get your car. The anticipation is killing me.

OP
OP
kona61

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry Kona, I didn't realize I could look at that by clicking on it. Learn something new everyday! I guess we will all know for sure when the cars show up at the dealer and we get the call to come get your car. The anticipation is killing me.
Yea, it's got me all anxious lol.

Ryanthetemp

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Past: E28 M5, E24 M6, E30 325is
Any updates from folks on lists? My dealer keeps saying “no updates” every time I ask and I’m starting to lose my mind. I check here at least twice a day!!! When the heck are they going to drop allocations?! I’ve heard end of March, first of April, end of April. What’s next first of May?

Goose

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 FRS
Any updates from folks on lists? My dealer keeps saying “no updates” every time I ask and I’m starting to lose my mind. I check here at least twice a day!!! When the heck are they going to drop allocations?! I’ve heard end of March, first of April, end of April. What’s next first of May?

I'm on the list at 2 dealers. Still no info from either. 1st on one, 2nd at another. They're not sure when they'll even be finding out anything

084runnerltd

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
08 4Runner / 99’ Lexus LX470 / Deposit 2020 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
I'm on the list at 2 dealers. Still no info from either. 1st on one, 2nd at another. They're not sure when they'll even be finding out anything

I too am on two lists. I haven’t heard anything from one dealer, the other dealer sent me a purchase contract (Refundable, non-binding) a few weeks ago, as he said their dealership was sending their request to Toyota for my preferred vehicle.

April 5th, dealer wrote, “Technically, Toyota is just starting to take orders, some dealers jump the gun and take orders, but Toyota does not want to set the order schedule too far in advance. Once the order schedule is set, there is no changing it.”

I am guessing he was referring to dealers who were already taking orders and making promises to customers, but I guess that is open to interpretation. As I said, that was a few weeks ago, I picked my color and added the drivers assistance package....but I haven’t heard anything since....

I will admit, falling asleep at night is getting harder and harder. For all the leaks Toyota had prior to the release, they sure are doing a good job keeping the delivery schedule a secret.

herM

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 MCS
Vehicle Showcase
I am also on two lists. One dealer has told me they're not positive but are hearing end of June to early July. The other just plain said they haven't heard anything at all and are not expecting to for a few months at least. Neither took deposits either, just names.

OP
OP
kona61

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
I am also on two lists. One dealer has told me they're not positive but are hearing end of June to early July. The other just plain said they haven't heard anything at all and are not expecting to for a few months at least. Neither took deposits either, just names.
I am on one dealer list. I haven not received any official paperwork, but they have e-mailed me several times and the most recent info is a delivery some time around July.

RotaryShinka

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FD RX7 and RX8
Honestly, I'm starting to lose interest on this car with all this waiting and dealers not having any clue when allocations will be available. Toyota continues to fumble on this car. SMH
Sponsored