US Taillights (ending WAA02) vs Foreign Market Taillights (ending WAA01)

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if the Foreign Market Tail lights are direct plug and play to US model Supra's...? For those who don't know, the Foreign market tail lights have an independent signal light within the brake lights rather than the brake and signals sharing functions.

Part Number: 81560-WAA01 (Foreign Market)
FF63B460-7CC2-4E9B-8618-62C90E85FEE2.jpeg

0A95D92A-5E95-4F43-8964-13965DE5928F.jpeg

Part Number: 81560-WAA02 (US Market)
B4D0B361-3A79-4D3D-9665-B02A7674C350.jpeg
9CC86986-7A75-4D19-8D5E-FE8F62B1A7A7.jpeg
Sponsored

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know if they are plug and play because I haven't been able to get a solid picture of the connector yet. But we did discuss this briefly in the USDM Headlights thread.

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/usdm-headlight-vs-the-rest.1590/page-2#post-128785
I spoke to Nengun last year and they listed the JDM taillights after I requested it.

https://www.nengun.com/oem/toyota/supra-a90-rz-db42

PNs are 81560-WAA01 LH and 81550-WAA01 RH, $801 and $523 respectively. They were over $1000 each last year so the prices have come down!

As cool as the amber centers are, they aren't $1300 cool to me so I passed.

OP
OP
SD_MK

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
SD_MK

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Oh and btw, i'm now guessing the prices for the tails heavily dropped since then also, cause i checked in with a dealership with the PN, 3 days shipped and ~$290 each so we're looking at close to $600 total...? Lol, the amber centers might not be a big difference but for me, it's the little details that count haha.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Oh and btw, i'm now guessing the prices for the tails heavily dropped since then also, cause i checked in with a dealership with the PN, 3 days shipped and ~$290 each so we're looking at close to $600 total...? Lol, the amber centers might not be a big difference but for me, it's the little details that count haha.
Hi which dealer gave you the quote. Im keen on these. Having spent the last 12 years in Germany, yellow/amber turn signals offer visual clarity red is dangerous and does not provide. Many people simply do not pay attention. Yellow works best.

As noted above my US model machines in Germany were fitted with yellow factory tails at my expense. My M235i, the M2 and my current 440i that came back with me. Thats a much better price than Nengun had offered months ago. Any idea on fitment yet?

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Prices appear even lower now. 250$ - 270$ now online this evening. Cannot find fitment confirmation of a plug and play installation yet.

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
The plugs shape i'm sure is the same across the board. However, i'd imagine the wiring pin configuration is a little different.

In addition to the Amber Turn Signal, I've noticed in watching some videos from Supra's overseas, is that the corner "parking" light is not illuminated at all when the lights are on with the Euro\JDM models, whereas here in the States it is. Heck, there may just not be an LED in there. Because of this, I also think coding may be required (using apps like BImmercode), otherwise the US-Spec car might thing that light is malfunctioning and may give you a dash LAMP error.

We need someone from Europe\Asia to confirm!

Rear.JPG

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
The plugs shape i'm sure is the same across the board. However, i'd imagine the wiring pin configuration is a little different.

In addition to the Amber Turn Signal, I've noticed in watching some videos from Supra's overseas, is that the corner "parking" light is not illuminated at all when the lights are on with the Euro\JDM models, whereas here in the States it is. Heck, there may just not be an LED in there. Because of this, I also think coding may be required (using apps like BImmercode), otherwise the US-Spec car might thing that light is malfunctioning and may give you a dash LAMP error.

We need someone from Europe\Asia to confirm!

Rear.JPG
+1 on all. No surprise to possibly need coding!!

trev_rs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium, '17 Abarth 124 Spider
I've not studied these lights closely, but based on my knowledge of the JDM cars I've imported, the NA ones will have more reflectors, and any integrated bulbs/LEDs will be brighter (have a higher wattage).

OP
OP
SD_MK

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I've not studied these lights closely, but based on my knowledge of the JDM cars I've imported, the NA ones will have more reflectors, and any integrated bulbs/LEDs will be brighter (have a higher wattage).
True, but that's besides the point, if the taillights can work correctly with the US harness without any coding necessary, i'm buying these lights asap.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
I've been eyeing these things for the last month, and wondering all of the same things as well.

In addition, don't get me started on how much I want the Euro bumper covers without the reflectors! Yes, I'm aware that painted fillers are available, but it's not the same as the utterly seamless design of the Euro parts.

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
True, but that's besides the point, if the taillights can work correctly with the US harness without any coding necessary, i'm buying these lights asap.
I'm with you on that. I do like the amber turn signals, i've always like cars that have the amber for the turn signal, all red is just boring... If this does work with the US harness, i'm all about it, sign me up! But to be totally honest, from my time at Tesla, US Model S/X do not have the amber turn signal, rather an integrated one like the Supra has. The harness is the same but the software is locked so even if you do swap it, its not plug and play. I again don't know if Toyota has done the same thing but i feel that the connector will be the same but the software is region locked as when loading on the software, it is region specific. Not to say it wont work, more that you may need to use bimmercode to unlock it. BMW is known for having all the features available, just have to unlock it.

Hope to see an update with this! I would love to have the JDM/foreign market tail lights for the Supra.
Sponsored