Visconti Flex Fuel Kit installation issues

baagel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Challenger Hellcat
Hi everyone,

I'm currently in the middle of installing this kit from Visconti. Per the instructions, as well as a YouTube video I watched, there should be an O-ring that needs to go between the left piece that unscrews and the flex fuel sensor. However, I don't have that O-ring. It's nowhere to be found, and I'm certain I didn't accidentally lose it because I was expecting one to be there when I unscrewed the left piece. Has the installation changed or am I gonna need an O-ring?

IMG_20220106_111817.jpg

IMG_20220106_111848.jpg
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Hi everyone,

I'm currently in the middle of installing this kit from Visconti. Per the instructions, as well as a YouTube video I watched, there should be an O-ring that needs to go between the left piece that unscrews and the flex fuel sensor. However, I don't have that O-ring. It's nowhere to be found, and I'm certain I didn't accidentally lose it because I was expecting one to be there when I unscrewed the left piece. Has the installation changed or am I gonna need an O-ring?

IMG_20220106_111817.jpg

IMG_20220106_111848.jpg
You need that oring.

OP
OP

baagel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Challenger Hellcat
I contacted Marshall, this is a new fitting they are using which doesn't require the O-ring. The current instructions still mention the O-ring which is why I thought I was missing one.

Another minor issue I ran into during installation is when routing the cable around the engine bay toward passenger-side firewall. The instructions suggest to route through a small gap which is accessible once you remove a couple pieces of plastic trim around the engine bay. The problem is, this prevents you from putting that trim back in place once you're done. To address this, I just cut off a small chunk of the plastic that would have blocked that gap which the cables are routed through.

IMG_20220106_114303.jpg

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
yea they moved to the fitting style like i use in my kits for a couple years now. The orings are inside the actual fitting. the fitting they using before would leak and etc. ironic

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
Just to double up on what TT is saying:

This is a different style EFI quick disconnect fitting than the one specified in the Visconti instructions. It does not use an O-ring you slip over the flange of the fuel rail. You simply slide the small open-ended cap onto the flange, slide the body of the fitting over the fuel hardline, then tighten with a wrench. THe two green O-rings provided the seal.

kt06siggm

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Well - I'm an idiot. Sorry.
Not an idiot, I was confused as well during my install. Fortunately I was able to get a hold of Marshall from Visconti (on a Sunday afternoon I might add) and he was able to set me straight.

Reactions: zrk

Zack

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Absolute Zero White 2020 Toyota Supra
Not an idiot, I was confused as well during my install. Fortunately I was able to get a hold of Marshall from Visconti (on a Sunday afternoon I might add) and he was able to set me straight.
How long did it take you to install?

I plan on getting it soon and I want to install it myself because there are no good shops around me in an hour+ radius.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
How long did it take you to install?

I plan on getting it soon and I want to install it myself because there are no good shops around me in an hour+ radius.
It took me about 3 hours with beer breaks and f'ing around on my phone.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I installed one of these about a month ago. Totally forgot about the o-ring because I didn’t even look. Glad I didn’t need it

Édit: took me about an hour to install

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
The Visconti fuel line seems to be the weakest link in this kit. I added some high temp harness tape to protect it better.

I know some people have had leaks from pin holes due to vibration and contact with other fittings in that area.

-RJM

0EF862F0-B767-4C13-B550-3544BFD32416.jpeg