First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Haven't added it to the car yet, but just received my first major addition for the car... An AWE Touring exhaust from Josh at Meraki.

Ordered last night and received it today. Super excited to install next week
1000012333.jpg
Thanks again, Whats Amazon prime again?

-Josh

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
So I went for a fairly long drive today, doing about 400km (250 miles) on mostly nice twisty country roads. This was my first genuine drive since having my CDV deleted and my first impressions are that it has indeed fixed the reliability of the 1-2 shift.

Don't get me wrong, deleting the CDV hasn't magically transformed the Supra gearbox into one from Honda or Porsche, but during this drive I found the 1-2 shift to be perfectly reliable. Almost all of the shifts felt good, some great and a few not so much. What was important though, was this experience correlated with my movement, not luck.

For the record, my problem with the Supra's manual transmission has always been the reliability of the 1-2 shift. Before having the CDV deleted, I was never sure if the gear change would be smooth or complete dogshit. Please understand that no matter how good my inputs were, the transmission just seemed to have a mind of its own, and 9 times out of 10 it would reward me with a godawful jerky shift, like a learner driver.

Beyond feeling more reliable - the few less than perfect shifts felt like they were my fault - the clutch felt a little more eager to spring back and It just felt more urgent. If anything, it actually felt slightly harder to drive, but in a good way.

I have posted numerous times on numerous threads adamantly denouncing the deletion of the CDV. So far, It certainly looks like I was wrong.

Gargle my Gabagool

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
Anyone got suggestions on aftermarket front bumper/headlights? Car has 960kms

7880550802223382358.jpg
Most aftermarket bumpers are either kinda ugly IMO or designed for wide body kits but if it helps the part number for the OEM bumper is 52119-WAA06. EU spec bumper without the front deflectors is 52119-WAA05.

Slybri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT (CU-L), 2017 1of1 Viper, others…
So I went for a fairly long drive today, doing about 400km (250 miles) on mostly nice twisty country roads. This was my first genuine drive since having my CDV deleted and my first impressions are that it has indeed fixed the reliability of the 1-2 shift.

Don't get me wrong, deleting the CDV hasn't magically transformed the Supra gearbox into one from Honda or Porsche, but during this drive I found the 1-2 shift to be perfectly reliable. Almost all of the shifts felt good, some great and a few not so much. What was important though, was this experience correlated with my movement, not luck.

For the record, my problem with the Supra's manual transmission has always been the reliability of the 1-2 shift. Before having the CDV deleted, I was never sure if the gear change would be smooth or complete dogshit. Please understand that no matter how good my inputs were, the transmission just seemed to have a mind of its own, and 9 times out of 10 it would reward me with a godawful jerky shift, like a learner driver.

Beyond feeling more reliable - the few less than perfect shifts felt like they were my fault - the clutch felt a little more eager to spring back and It just felt more urgent. If anything, it actually felt slightly harder to drive, but in a good way.

I have posted numerous times on numerous threads adamantly denouncing the deletion of the CDV. So far, It certainly looks like I was wrong.
Thanks for sharing, I’ve been on the fence for quite some time, but like others found the 1-2 shift inconsistent. @FlammasWRLD and I both did ours this weekend. I’m happy with the direct release resulting from the change. @FlammasWRLD can speak for himself, but I do know his WOT 1-2 grind is gone. Hell, his GF even noticed fwiw….

EDIT: apparently M cars do have a CDV in case I wasn’t the only one confused.

Last edited:

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
..the fact that M cars omit the CDV was the final push comfort-level-wise (if that’s even a word).
Just wanted to let you know, I can't find any evidence of this. In fact, all I can find online is evidence to suggest the CDV is installed in most M cars. 🤷‍♂️

Slybri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT (CU-L), 2017 1of1 Viper, others…
Just wanted to let you know, I can't find any evidence of this. In fact, all I can find online is evidence to suggest the CDV is installed in most M cars. 🤷‍♂️
Yep I screwed that part. Whoopsy on me 🤪