What did you do to your Supra today?

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
My car seriously hates me. First it was the 1/2 gallon of milk being spilt in less than 24 hours of ownership, then a freakin tetradactyl flew over and exploded over the whole car and now a broken window. Just passed the 1200 mile mark. Got in it to go to lunch, another tetradactyl flew over and nailed the window, so I hit the wipers to clean it off and boom, there goes the window. 3 cracks that go all the way across. Its only 93° out right now so I was not expecting that.

Anyone ever try taking it back to the dealer for something like this as a warranty claim since its basically brand new still? I had 0 rock chips before this.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
My car seriously hates me. First it was the 1/2 gallon of milk being spilt in less than 24 hours of ownership, then a freakin tetradactyl flew over and exploded over the whole car and now a broken window. Just passed the 1200 mile mark. Got in it to go to lunch, another tetradactyl flew over and nailed the window, so I hit the wipers to clean it off and boom, there goes the window. 3 cracks that go all the way across. Its only 93° out right now so I was not expecting that.

Anyone ever try taking it back to the dealer for something like this as a warranty claim since its basically brand new still? I had 0 rock chips before this.
Wouldn't that be an insurance claim and not a warranty claim? Unless you're claiming that the manufacturer manufactured the window wrong, which doesn't really appear to be the case. Like what do you want them to warranty, essentially? The warrantor didn't do anything wrong.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Wouldn't that be an insurance claim and not a warranty claim? Unless you're claiming that the manufacturer manufactured the window wrong, which doesn't really appear to be the case. Like what do you want them to warranty, essentially? The warrantor didn't do anything wrong.
I have never had a window crack from windshield wiper fluid hitting it, ever. I am smart enough to know not to hit the button when the car has been sitting outside in 120° weather but its low 90s.... this should not happen. So yes, in a way, I believe this should be warrantied. If it was a rock hitting the window, thats on me.

KongerR1

First Name
Suzanne
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2017 Cadillac XT5, 2006 Yamaha R1, 2001 Honda F4i

It comes in 3's, you're done, you've passed the test...........

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Their Supra guy is telling me this is his first Supra alignment and that it is telling him he needs to only check current alignment and make needed adjustments after placing 130 pounds in drivers seat, 130 pounds in passenger seat and 30 pounds in rear hatch, and it needs to be a full tank of gas. The thing is is they don’t have anything for weight to place in the car. Did they have this done when you had your alignment done?
~ No weight added.

sstevens7

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
~ No weight added.
Well long story short they decided to do it without the added weight. He even had a print out to show me about the added weight. He also could not get any adjustment out of any of my alignment. I was there for over 4 hours only for the print out to show absolutely zero change in my alignment. I was told he tried and didn’t have any luck. They didn’t charge me. Sad thing is I drove three hours for this alignment because I live out in the middle of no where and this was the closest In ground alignment rack. I was and still am pretty pissed! How could he have not been able to get any movement in my alignment?

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Well long story short they decided to do it without the added weight. He even had a print out to show me about the added weight. He also could not get any adjustment out of any of my alignment. I was there for over 4 hours only for the print out to show absolutely zero change in my alignment. I was told he tried and didn’t have any luck. They didn’t charge me. Sad thing is I drove three hours for this alignment because I live out in the middle of no where and this was the closest In ground alignment rack. I was and still am pretty pissed! How could he have not been able to get any movement in my alignment?
~ Ugh!

Yeah they used an in ground rack with mine as well (even allowing me to pull it in and out). My car was still very near to factory specs after lowering. The only minor adjustment was to the rear toe. Tracks and handles great.

4E36BE90-CBB9-41F1-A500-A0E0D5E2276E.jpeg

darkloki

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra MKIV Turbo Six Speed Getrag v160 BPU
Vehicle Showcase
My Supra got Key'ed 2 Wednesday's ago on the 7th, but I didn't discover it until the 13th. Beacuse of Covid I don't drive my Supra all that much as it mostly sits in the Garage (It's how I'm able to determine the exect day/date that it got keyed. You can imagine I'm both pretty upset and pissed but I realize the damage is under a grand to fix and I'll paint correct the entire car and get it properly wrapped while I'm at it. I dropped off the car today and in the end I'm glad it happened to my MKV instead of my MKIV.

Not sure who or why someone would do that in Irvine California. And to be frank the day it happened was a terrible day for it to happen, but as they say bad things happen to good people sometimes. I literally dropped by my girlfriends place to take her to to the doctors because she was suffering from stomach problems. And then took her to Costco to get Meds and some food.

I took the car to a reputable shop that I work with on all of my cars so I got a good price for the repairs and I was surprised to find another supra there. this supra had appreantly hit a rock or a rock flew into it and took out the headlight and the hood. That Damage Bill is expensive... I was shocked again and it was a 2021 supra very new, so I guess I don't have it as bad but just rough for "some" Supra Owners, lol...

IMG_1499.jpg

IMG_1500.jpg

geoszzz

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Launch Premium
My Supra got Key'ed 2 Wednesday's ago on the 7th, but I didn't discover it until the 13th. Beacuse of Covid I don't drive my Supra all that much as it mostly sits in the Garage (It's how I'm able to determine the exect day/date that it got keyed. You can imagine I'm both pretty upset and pissed but I realize the damage is under a grand to fix and I'll paint correct the entire car and get it properly wrapped while I'm at it. I dropped off the car today and in the end I'm glad it happened to my MKV instead of my MKIV.

Not sure who or why someone would do that in Irvine California. And to be frank the day it happened was a terrible day for it to happen, but as they say bad things happen to good people sometimes. I literally dropped by my girlfriends place to take her to to the doctors because she was suffering from stomach problems. And then took her to Costco to get Meds and some food.

I took the car to a reputable shop that I work with on all of my cars so I got a good price for the repairs and I was surprised to find another supra there. this supra had appreantly hit a rock or a rock flew into it and took out the headlight and the hood. That Damage Bill is expensive... I was shocked again and it was a 2021 supra very new, so I guess I don't have it as bad but just rough for "some" Supra Owners, lol...

IMG_1499.jpg

IMG_1500.jpg
jealous folks are everywhere with their horrible behavior... :(

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
Just flashed a stage 2 BM3 tune... This, this is how the car should have come from the factory. Also, I realize I need to now invest in wider tires cause those 275's don't grab shit anymore.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)

This is yet another reason why I need to get some dash cams.

-RJM