What did you do to your Supra today?

FullmetalHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Rexpeed v1 spoiler from a90 shop. I know these products are sometimes hit or miss but I’m very happy with it. No issues with the clear or weave, packaging was good as well.

Attachments

djbilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 Pro
I've seen people complain about the Supra steering wheel a few times now - I am curious what people specifically don't like about it? Is it a feel thing, or just appearance? Both? I've found it to be about what I'd expect, but maybe I've just not driven anything with an actual *good* steering wheel?

For context, my previous sports cars have been a 2011 RX-8 and 2010 370Z. I'd say the Supra wheel is about on par with both of those as far as wheel goes. Probably a bit nicer from a materials standpoint compared to the 370Z.
I find it a bit too thin, and a bit too slippy in my grip.

The standard steering wheel in my previous M2 was better, and the M Performance one I bought for it was much better. It had Alcantara sides, a flat bottom and a blue center stripe at the top.

Ideally that's what I'd like for the Supra.

It seems to me that Toyota/Gazoo Racing are missing a trick by not copying BMW and producing performance upgrade parts for the GR models.

Last edited:

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
I've seen people complain about the Supra steering wheel a few times now - I am curious what people specifically don't like about it? Is it a feel thing, or just appearance? Both? I've found it to be about what I'd expect, but maybe I've just not driven anything with an actual *good* steering wheel?

For context, my previous sports cars have been a 2011 RX-8 and 2010 370Z. I'd say the Supra wheel is about on par with both of those as far as wheel goes. Probably a bit nicer from a materials standpoint compared to the 370Z.
It's thin. It looks cheap. It doesn't really match the interior. It feels like an afterthought. My $30,000 Genesis Coupe has a better OEM wheel with better controls, better materials, and better ergonomics.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
It's thin. It looks cheap. It doesn't really match the interior. It feels like an afterthought. My $30,000 Genesis Coupe has a better OEM wheel with better controls, better materials, and better ergonomics.
Ehh, I had a 2016 Genesis coupe, bought it brand new. Personally I do not think the steering wheel on the Genesis Coupe was better in any way. I feel like it was thicker for sure, but thats it.

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Stock wheel leather feels like crap and is hard as a rock, wheel also had no padding and felt like it was just cheap leather wrapped around a metal bar, so not comfortable. And yes, too thin not to mention the overall aesthetic looked goofy in how round it was with jumbo sized airbag. ECS and AZA auto wheel have good replacement wheels from what I've seen

Reactions: zrk

Supra Cat

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0, 4Runner, Mustang GT/CS, NA Miata
Looks nice?!!
where did you order this from and how long did it take, core exchange?
I ordered it from dctw124 on eBay. The store has 100% satisfaction, and describes them as:
"Based in United States, dctw124 has been an eBay member since Apr 22, 2003".

I ordered it in February... and immediately received this response:
"For this one with red leather wrap, we have to make it because we just sold the stock one last week can you wait for the production to complete, the lead time now is around 4 weeks"
A bit of a bait and switch, they offered me an LED wheel which I didn't want.

Well.. it took 4 months! Maybe 'based' in the US, but they sure don't "make" them in the US. ;) There was no core exchange, but compared to my stock wheel, every manufacturing mark and detail was there. I'm very happy with it.

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2021 Toyota Sienna
the stock wheel was too thin
Stock wheel isn't just thin. It's thin and thick in all the wrong places. I'm constantly trying to find a comfortable to grip the wheel. It's so bad that on track, my hand cramps up after 20 min of driving. Makes me not want to even go out for the rest of my sessions. lol.

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
Flashed to the updated Stage 2 OTS map on BM3. Car definitely has a much smoother powerband now and pulls a lot harder in the midrange compared to the last Stage 2 map I had on it.

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
Over the last couple weeks:

Installed OEM carbon fiber mirror caps.

BimmerCode:
* auto stop/stop off
* infotainment brightness control for daytime
* ASD off
* switched key fob locking chirp off, replaced with lights flashing (not sure if it already flashed lights)
* key fob trunk delay set to 0
* got rid of startup warning and backup cam warning

Tried out Optimum No Rinse (ONR) wash and shine. Seems legit, looked really good and felt like less work than my usual buckets + soap + hose wash approach.

Installed EOS tow hook front plate kit, pretty happy with how it lines up.

56CA2FE0-51D9-42D9-B526-661790D8D85A.jpeg

322437F4-0AEE-4169-B4F4-9B03CAA66B6D.jpeg

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI

BimmerCode:
* auto stop/stop off
* ASD off
* switched key fob locking chirp off, replaced with lights flashing (not sure if it already flashed lights)
~ can you please share with us how you turned off the lock/unlock chirp? can’t find the option/setting.

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
~ can you please share with us how you turned off the lock/unlock chirp? can’t find the option/setting.
I believe it was the below option found in Basic mode:
Headunit
Acoustical Confirmation| Checkbox acoustical lock confirmation -> Active

Once that is set to Active, you'll have an option somewhere in the Vehicle, System or possibly other random settings menu (in the infotainment system) that lets you switch it on/off.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)

Installed OEM carbon fiber mirror caps.

BimmerCode:
* auto stop/stop off
* ASD off

Tried out Optimum No Rinse (ONR) wash and shine. Seems legit, looked really good and felt like less work than my usual buckets + soap + hose wash approach.

Installed EOS tow hook front plate kit, pretty happy with how it lines up.

56CA2FE0-51D9-42D9-B526-661790D8D85A.jpeg

322437F4-0AEE-4169-B4F4-9B03CAA66B6D.jpeg
The car is looking good, how many miles are on it now?

-RJM